• he sucks in the corner

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • He might have some good corner play

Votes: 13 76.5%

• Total voters

Rjsmal

Gamer
Hi guys,

I wanted to know if any of you got good scorpion experience for corner play, right now the best I can get is B2,B2,B2 11, 11 then a grab dmg out put is between 27% and 31%

Johnny Cage and Jaxs corner play is really an example for what im going for.

Hope you guys can help out.

I main Scorpion Ninjutsu BTW

Matix218

Get over here!
It sounds like you are equating corner combo damage with having strong corner play. Corner damage does not always mean the character has a strong corner game.

I would say ninjutsu is good in the corner only for the reason that your opponent will be afraid to wake up because of f2/b4 being able to destroy their wake-up armor on oki, which opens up tons of throws and whatnot. But that is not very different from his midscreen game in reality. He is not a character whose main game plan is to get you to the corner and keep you locked there like sub zero or acidic alien if that is your question. He is more of a whiff punish, footsies, oki, armor breaking variation.

Scorpion is a unique character when it comes to corner game. Mainly because his combos are centered around the TP which reverses sides.

It's always advantageous to corner your opponent, but I personally avoid it. Any player worth his salt will wait until you TP to break your combo to put you in the corner.

Rjsmal

Gamer
It sounds like you are equating corner combo damage with having strong corner play. Corner damage does not always mean the character has a strong corner game.

I would say ninjutsu is good in the corner only for the reason that your opponent will be afraid to wake up because of f2/b4 being able to destroy their wake-up armor on oki, which opens up tons of throws and whatnot. But that is not very different from his midscreen game in reality. He is not a character whose main game plan is to get you to the corner and keep you locked there like sub zero or acidic alien if that is your question. He is more of a whiff punish, footsies, oki, armor breaking variation.
I get what you mean my bad I ment maximizing the dmg done in the corner but yeah I see what you mean about not being the same as sub zero that was more the question can we do such thing as scorpion but seeing your reply I guess its a no thank you for your time brother

Rjsmal

Gamer
Scorpion is a unique character when it comes to corner game. Mainly because his combos are centered around the TP which reverses sides.

It's always advantageous to corner your opponent, but I personally avoid it. Any player worth his salt will wait until you TP to break your combo to put you in the corner.
Understood I often dont know why but I often end up in the corner with the opponent I'll try to avoid that from now on (^_^) thank you for your reply brother

Understood I often dont know why but I often end up in the corner with the opponent I'll try to avoid that from now on (^_^) thank you for your reply brother
No problem. Beside his midscreen combos net 35% meterless, & about 41% 1 bar. He really doesn't need the corner tbh.

Rjsmal

Gamer
No problem. Beside his midscreen combos net 35% meterless, & about 41% 1 bar. He really doesn't need the corner tbh.
Your absolutely right about that I get an easy 30%+ dmg meterless its freaking great Ill try and stay more mid screen you guys are awesome thanks for the advise (^_^)

Rjsmal

Gamer
214xxTP ~ B2 ~ slight RC 214 xx EX TP ~ RC 21xxSpear ~ JIP B32F2 41% 1 bar.
hmm thats interesting I often use 214xxTP ~ 214xxEX TP ~ RC 21xxSpear ~ JIP 21TP ~ B32F2 or F2, when im at home im gonna try your combo to bad your on Xbox and live in the states would be cool to train with you ^^

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Lock down as in F4 2 or F2 in the corner? or am I understanding this wrong? ^^
Place scorpion on a range where your normals will reach and will give you enough time to outspace theirs, d1, d4 are the fastest buttons most people think about pressing first, you can whiff punish those with s3 and F2 respectively. Any other string to exchange as an answer to the spacing game, can be D4'd to keep them in the corner, or tele-canceled to avoid and punish the recovery.

its a crazy game.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Honestly Ninjutsu is great at oki and that's how I play it when I have them cornered as I keep knocking them down and opening them up to throws. Mix up the strings you use in the corner as I like to alternate combo starters and grabs as opponents are usually done if they try to wake up and lose the round. But ninjutsu's b2 has so much corner carry it's insane along with b32f2

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
That's midscreen too eddy lol
In the corner is way more effective because they cannot back away from your normals since there is no other place to step back, they're twice as fucked with ninjutsu is particular, the stagger becomes far more dangerous, you can control the entire space because you can space their normals, and the only way they have to put you in their range is by entering yours first.

In the corner is way more effective because they cannot back away from your normals since there is no other place to step back, they're twice as fucked with ninjutsu is particular, the stagger becomes far more dangerous, you can control the entire space because you can space their normals, and the only way they have to put you in their range is by entering yours first.
Still not worth it IMO. I'd rather play it safe midscreen especially considering what character variation you're playing against.

Rjsmal

Gamer
Place scorpion on a range where your normals will reach and will give you enough time to outspace theirs, d1, d4 are the fastest buttons most people think about pressing first, you can whiff punish those with s3 and F2 respectively. Any other string to exchange as an answer to the spacing game, can be D4'd to keep them in the corner, or tele-canceled to avoid and punish the recovery.

its a crazy game.
Ok now I understand :D thanks for the explanation Eddy really appreciate it, yeah its getting even crazier for me with the tips you guys are giving :D

Rjsmal

Gamer
Honestly Ninjutsu is great at oki and that's how I play it when I have them cornered as I keep knocking them down and opening them up to throws. Mix up the strings you use in the corner as I like to alternate combo starters and grabs as opponents are usually done if they try to wake up and lose the round. But ninjutsu's b2 has so much corner carry it's insane along with b32f2
I've been trying to do more throws it's a really good tool, B2 is sick but often im hesitated to use it for the punish I've gotten in the past.

Rjsmal

Gamer
Am I the only one who loves Midscreen when I play Scorpion? He controls the neutral so well. And he puts fear into the players that love to rush down.
Since the tips I've been loving mid screen more then before, I just lost a match against a dude that used Jax he was pushing me to the corner real fast but then again it was the 2nd time I fought a good Jax, to bad I couldn't keep it mid screen.