What's new

Video/Tutorial - Scorpion Scorpion beta changes on video!

Nice vid man! So hellfire's 214>TP>21>spear is easier now to actually land? Because I've been having trouble landing the 21>spear after the teleport and I've heard a couple of people saying that was because of a recent patch which made that combo almost impossible to connect because the timing has to be perfect, not near perfect, perfect. Just wondering if that combo is easier to do now?

Matix218

Get over here!
Nice vid man! So hellfire's 214>TP>21>spear is easier now to actually land? Because I've been having trouble landing the 21>spear after the teleport and I've heard a couple of people saying that was because of a recent patch which made that combo almost impossible to connect because the timing has to be perfect, not near perfect, perfect. Just wondering if that combo is easier to do now?
Its not only easier, it is flat out EASY now. You will love it man. And 214 tp 214 ex tp now works again as well so you don't have to mess with 123 for that combo anymore

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Its not only easier, it is flat out EASY now. You will love it man. And 214 tp 214 ex tp now works again as well so you don't have to mess with 123 for that combo anymore
Thank f'n god...the way the 214 block string was nerfed was suuuuper annoying and I think the way things are now with the gap in-between 21 and 4 makes way more sense.

Thanks man, that's awesome, I practiced a lot and while I do manage to get it in once in a while I was wondering if it was only me being bad or if it was the patch that made it hard? Because I can pretty much pull of supposedly harder combos like the run cancels but this 21>spear after the teleport had me a bit frustrated, was it a bit difficult for you too as it is right now without the EO beta?

Matix218

Get over here!
Thanks man, that's awesome, I practiced a lot and while I do manage to get it in once in a while I was wondering if it was only me being bad or if it was the patch that made it hard? Because I can pretty much pull of supposedly harder combos like the run cancels but this 21>spear after the teleport had me a bit frustrated, was it a bit difficult for you too as it is right now without the EO beta?
Yeah it sucked before the beta changes. I had been using 214 tp 12 spear as my meterless bnb off of 214 because 21 was too unreliable

Matix218

Get over here!
Awesome, thanks. So with this beta what would scorpions bnb combo be? 214>TP>21>spear>214,exTP?
Meterless: 214 tp, 21 spear, jop, 4 tp (so you can end in the plus frame standing reset after teleport).

1 bar combo is: 214 tp, 214 ex tp, run, 21 spear, jop, 4 tp

EDIT: I main ninjutsu so these are what I use for ninjutsu, for hellfire, after the spear I do jump over 2, f4, fa, 11 tp and then go into pressure

I don't know for sure but I assume in when they launch MK XL and kp2 which I think is in March iirc. I think you can still sign up for the beta on the mkx website though
Thanks for the reply man! I forgot to mention that that scorpion combo I don't even have to be online for it to be hard, even in offline practice mode I barely land it, is this normal or should it be easy offline?

Matix218

Get over here!
Thanks for the reply man! I forgot to mention that that scorpion combo I don't even have to be online for it to be hard, even in offline practice mode I barely land it, is this normal or should it be easy offline?
No problem man. Glad to help.

Once you get your hands on the changes from the Beta you will understand how easy the combo is now, you will never drop the combo anymore. And once you try the new netcode you will see that there is no longer a difference in doing combos online vs. offline. The timing is now the same offline as online so once the new netcode is released you will be able to practice your combos in practice mode offline and take them straight to online with the same timing.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Speaking of beta changes, I actually have a question for the Scorp gurus.

What is the optimal (reliable) bnb combo from the new faster standing 3 for both a standing punish situation and also an anti air situation?

@Slips @Scoot Magee @JTB123 @STRYKIE @YOMI RM JagoBlake
Personally, when using a standing punisher, I just use standing 3 into spear if I don't have meter.

If I do have meter I do standing 3 into ex tele, jk tele, 21, spear...

For AA, I do 3, tele, 3 spear meterless...

With meter I use 3, tele, 3~ex tele, 21 spear...

Last edited:

Matix218

Get over here!
Personally,when using a standing punisher, I just use standing 3 into spear if I don't have meter.

If I do have meter I do standing 3 into ex tele, jk tele, 21, spear...

For AA, I do 3, tele, 3 spear meterless...

With meter I use 3, tele, 3~ex tele, 21 spear...
Cool, thanks man!

No problem man. Glad to help.

Once you get your hands on the changes from the Beta you will understand how easy the combo is now, you will never drop the combo anymore. And once you try the new netcode you will see that there is no longer a difference in doing combos online vs. offline. The timing is now the same offline as online so once the new netcode is released you will be able to practice your combos in practice mode offline and take them straight to online with the same timing.

That sounds great. I am really looking forward to the new patch (netcode). I buy a PS for it lol (now paying on PC).

Is it only the Beta that shows the actual ping?
On PC now it doesn't show (or at least I do not know how to switch it on). I would like to see it (and not just feel lol).