What's new

General/Other - Hellfire Scorpion b3~run cancel woes

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Because block stun is bigger than hit stun in this game, you will sometimes get some random results when your opponent blocks your b3~RC combo. This is a recording of me hitting the same run cancel combo over and over. Then resetting it, I block them. Check it out.

Fun combo but in the end it's going to end up being a high risk maneuver because you aren't sure what's gonna come out. I always thought I just couldn't get the notation down because it was so tough, but because the block stun is longer it buffers more inputs inside of it making crazy things happen. So don't worry when you get a b3~spear, you probably did it right. And ultimately, you guessed wrong. :p

Slips

@Slips
Did you turned off the Negative Edge?

So no use in doing this as a block string then it can be way too risky.
Yea.

Nope, just be happy you didn't get a spear or a fireball haha.

I think this undoubtely makes Inferno the best variation. A shame.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Yea.

Nope, just be happy you didn't get a spear or a fireball haha.

I think this undoubtely makes Inferno the best variation. A shame.
Would it help if the Input for Fireball BD1 instead of BD1?

I came into a similar problem when i was dropping a 21 combo to pick them out of the floor with demon fire and was getting the fireball instead.

Slips

Would it help if the Input for Fireball BD1 instead of BD1?

I came into a similar problem when i was dropping a 21 combo to pick them out of the floor with demon fire and was getting the fireball instead.
Possibly, there are so many inputs in there it's hard to say. A quick fix would be make the block stun equal to the hit stun. But that seems like a property of MKX in general. Not sure how how complicated of a fix that would be. It's entirely possibly this is by design. Who knows.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Possibly, there are so many inputs in there it's hard to say. A quick fix would be make the block stun equal to the hit stun. But that seems like a property of MKX in general. Not sure how how complicated of a fix that would be. It's entirely possibly this is by design. Who knows.
It could have been nicer if he could do some block pressure with this, maybe @colt intended to be like this, i mean:
You can do it nicely on hit, but not a good use for it on block.

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
drc costs 15 energy min so you can only repeat it the b3~drc 3 times (if done frame perfect and not allowing the run to tick at all) so you can know if he has the stamina to continue the pressure or not but then he might know you know and not do that but you might know he knows that you know so he might do it anyways etc.

long story short - the drc pressure on block was intended and the buffer/cancel windows are different timing on hit / block for most strings so it's not so easy to have an OS that covers all cases but some exist.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
drc costs 15 energy min so you can only repeat it the b3~drc 3 times (if done frame perfect and not allowing the run to tick at all) so you can know if he has the stamina to continue the pressure or not but then he might know you know and not do that but you might know he knows that you know so he might do it anyways etc.

long story short - the drc pressure on block was intended and the buffer/cancel windows are different timing on hit / block for most strings so it's not so easy to have an OS that covers all cases but some exist.
interesting...I have had the same thing happen with Liu Kang cancel combos.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
The run cancels in this game are so hard to get used to, I also use HF Scorp and Ninjitsu. He has the vortex in both which is good enough for me. Though props if you can do the B3, run cancel consistently.

@Slips As a Scorpion secondary main guy here, always fun to watch your vids. I like his HF mostly cause of his hellfire and fireball cancel mind games, then again I'm mostly a zoning player and not so much rush down I admit. The range on his swords are awesome in ninjutsu.

I haven't tried out his inferno yet, been having so much fun with the other two variations. Is it good? I like to zone a lot would you recommend it?

Slips

The run cancels in this game are so hard to get used to, I also use HF Scorp and Ninjitsu. He has the vortex in both which is good enough for me. Though props if you can do the B3, run cancel consistently.

@Slips As a Scorpion secondary main guy here, always fun to watch your vids. I like his HF mostly cause of his hellfire and fireball cancel mind games, then again I'm mostly a zoning player and not so much rush down I admit. The range on his swords are awesome in ninjutsu.

I haven't tried out his inferno yet, been having so much fun with the other two variations. Is it good? I like to zone a lot would you recommend it?
Yea his Inferno has probably the best zoning of the 3 and probably the best variation of them all. Decent footsies, good zoning, high damage and resets. Doesn't get much better than that.