What's new

Question Scorpion AA dillema

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Can't decide between anti airs, here's my problem.

someone can abuse jump ins from close range to make the regular D+1 antiair whiff

so I was going to with the standing 1 but don't like how slow it is, I've played characters with antiairs as slow as this but I really wouldn't like one of the characters I actually use seriously to rely on such a slow normal.

not to mention re adjusting to the slowness and reacting even faster to jumps & having to hit confirm the damn height to figure which combo to use because the 38% one requires certain height.

I like standing 2. From there you can do 33(Or 3, depending on height/distance)xxTeleport, 33xxSpear.
I find that to be the easiest and most consistent.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Why is this community still under the impression that active frames have bearing on how reliably something will AA lol? Standing 1 just has a wonky ass hitbox. But anyway I've always conditioned myself to primarily use standing 3, not because it's faster, but because it's easier to AA on reaction while trying to get a feel for your footsie options in the heat of a match, and then you can objectively decide whether you'd be better off trying an AA spear or standing 1.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I really like d1, if you get people jumping from really close you can try dashing backwards and then doing d1, or from that range a NJP might be really good for a lot of damage (40ish % I think)

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I really like d1, if you get people jumping from really close you can try dashing backwards and then doing d1, or from that range a NJP might be really good for a lot of damage (40ish % I think)
this is when not playing footsies, getting ready to followup with something fresh out of pressure and they jump from a point where anti airing with d1 get you killed

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
this is when not playing footsies, getting ready to followup with something fresh out of pressure and they jump from a point where anti airing with d1 get you killed
well if you aren't already doing something, you should generally have time to reposition yourself a little bit at least

Qwark28 just categorize the AA's depending on your distance from your opponent. Gives you a better understanding of which AA to use. Scorpion doesn't have an all purpose AA like a spin.

Standing 2 is a better AA in close range because it has a higher vertical hitbox.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
1 is very reliable, your just using it at the wrong range. Any range where it's safe to use B2 AA, it's safe to use standing 1.
i dont even use 1

any range where its safe to use b2 aa is the range where d1 can do its work and i dont have to substitute because it whiffs

i dont even use 1

any range where its safe to use b2 aa is the range where d1 can do its work and i dont have to substitute because it whiffs
So you made a thread about an AA that you think is unreliable that you don't use? That's a first lol.

Anyway, d1 works at ANY range. When it's not working your timing it wrong. It loses to well timed JK's, but you can still do it earlier to get a successful AA.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
So you made a thread about an AA that you think is unreliable that you don't use? That's a first lol.

Anyway, d1 works at ANY range. When it's not working your timing it wrong. It loses to well timed JK's, but you can still do it earlier to get a successful AA.
yeah, i wanted to know what people who use it think of it

d1 doesnt work at ranges where jip barely doesnt crossup

Somberness

Lights
Why is this community still under the impression that active frames have bearing on how reliably something will AA lol?
It does matter a bit for certain moves, uppercuts are probably the best example. Even Kitana's standing 3 on the 14th frame has the hit box over her back shoulder which could catch someone jumping just over your head.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
It does matter a bit for certain moves, uppercuts are probably the best example. Even Kitana's standing 3 on the 14th frame has the hit box over her back shoulder which could catch someone jumping just over your head.
Well don't get me wrong, I'm not about to start imploring everybody to AA with standing 4s 10 for 10 from here on out lol, I just wish some players, even those I have no issue with would show a little more thought process before throwing conspiracy theories about certain normals getting stuffed.. *waves at random advantage*

Vagrant

Noob
backdash ex spear can work if you know you're d1 range is messed up but be careful it has some weird properties.

standing 2 is pretty solid.

3 is quick and reliable.

try to just dash and connect the d1 though. I know what you're reffering to i have the same problem. Booty Slaya is the AA masta. get some sets in with him