What's new

Guide - Scorpion Scorpion 1.12

Even max ranged, this is practically the combo to go to into any punish now if you feel like it, just practice the execution of it, and isn't that dificult as well, you can also do standing 3 tp as ender when you finish with flame aura, is really much easier to get that link.
Bahh nice! I really must learn FRBC and do that funny things. :D Maybe once... :)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
For those who missed final round @YOMI RM JagoBlake finally broke the curse of not making out of the pools, and s3 all they way down just a step to the door of top 8 against every single guy who came to him running like a mofo.

Congrats bro, your workout paid out, now to re watch your matches, find new mistakes and work to correct them.

Also according to what i've heard from the stream, you seem to have the Vagney's syndrome, when someone takes one game of you, you mentally break and offer all other games, is this fo real?

I started using s3 against my friend last night, (SF V has me consumed but I'm back to mkx also Lol) but yea it's awesome. I feel that you have to press it earlyish as an AA right? I mean not like a read but as soon as they jump? Also I wanted to ask, after scorpions 213>Teleport I do another 213>exTeleport but what can I connect after the enhanced teleport connects?

Last edited:

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
For those who missed final round @YOMI RM JagoBlake finally broke the curse of not making out of the pools, and s3 all they way down just a step to the door of top 8 against every single guy who came to him running like a mofo.

Congrats bro, your workout paid out, now to re watch your matches, find new mistakes and work to correct them.

Also according to what i've heard from the stream, you seem to have the Vagney's syndrome, when someone takes one game of you, you mentally break and offer all other games, is this fo real?
No. King took a game off me and if you recall, I still beat him 3-1. Same with Kinetic Semiji. People over-exaggerate nowadays.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I started using s3 against my friend last night, (SF V has me consumed but I'm back to mkx also Lol) but yea it's awesome. I feel that you have to press it earlyish as an AA right? I mean not like a read but as soon as they jump? Also I wanted to ask, after scorpions 213>Teleport I do another 213>exTeleport but what can I connect after the enhanced teleport connects?
S3 can be used reactively as an anti-air, much better than the uppercut. Don't forget about trip-guarding in case you don't trust your reactions wth S3.

And for your second question, a combo we Scorpions typically use is:

2 1 4 Teleport, 2 1 4 EX Teleport, slight run-up, 2 1 Spear, jump-over 1 4 Teleport.

38% with a bar, causing a restand.

Side-note: when playing Ninjutsu, you can add a B2 after the first teleport to raise the damage to a freakin' 40%. This isn't quite as consistent, though, so be careful.

S3 can be used reactively as an anti-air, much better than the uppercut. Don't forget about trip-guarding in case you don't trust your reactions wth S3.

2 1 4 Teleport, 2 1 4 EX Teleport, slight run-up, 2 1 Spear, jump-over 1 4 Teleport.

Side-note: when playing Ninjutsu, you can add a B2 after the first teleport to raise the damage to a freakin' 40%. This isn't quite as consistent, though, so be careful.
Thanks man will try those.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
No. King took a game off me and if you recall, I still beat him 3-1. Same with Kinetic Semiji. People over-exaggerate nowadays.
it doesnt matter either, you got pretty far, and no scorpion players has gone that far playing solo scorp, that made u the scorpion to watch. really good stuff.

Matix218

Get over here!
Run, 21 spear then normal ender (jump over 2, f4 flame aura, 21 teleport)

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Hmm. What are the thoughts about Scorpion now? I feel like I have to play him patiently :/

Matix218

Get over here!
Hmm. What are the thoughts about Scorpion now? I feel like I have to play him patiently :/
He punishes hard, has great anti air, many normals and strings that are plus on block. He is very offensive and momentum heavy.

You will find he has a hard time with pressure characters because his only standing armor is ex takedown which only nets 15% on hit but gets full combo punishes on block or whiff.

Overall he is a solid character and the recent patch did help him out with better frame data on block for 1, 11, 21, 214 and a sped up (7 frame) stand 3.

Ninjustu is your ranged attack/footsie variation and it is amazing at breaking armor on oki as well.

Hellfire is the strongest punisher and the safest with mixups when you get really good with fbrcs. Also the pressure is strongest in hellfire when you mix flame aura with fbrc mixups.

Inferno is the weakest overall because it doesn't really do anything better than the other two variations. Minions can be easily blocked on reaction since the overhead one is slow.

Hellfire and ninjutsu combined will cover most matchups

And yes, you do need to be patient with scorp because you dint want to go ham throwing around ex teleport or empty teleport a lot since that is a sure way to get blown up. You basically need to get your turn and try to make something happen or even better capitalize on a mistake and punish your opponent and hope to keep the post combo restand momentum going.

Matix218

Get over here!
So after the jump over you can do jump over 14 teleport like JagoBlake mentioned or jump over 2, f4 flame aura, 21 teleport like you just mentioned?
Also I seem to run past them after my runs.
If you are playing ninjutsu go with Blake's ender, the one I gave is for hellfire. At what point are you running past them?

Matix218

Get over here!
Right after the ex teleport, I either run past them to their other side or I do an overhead 2.
I play hellfire.
Just to make sure, you are doing 214~teleport, 214~ex teleport, run 21~spear, jump over 2, f4~flame aura, 21 teleport (at this point you leave your opponent standing and you are plus 18 and also you are flame aura'd so you can do more damage while you pressure)

The timing of the run after the ex teleport is tricky, you want to make sure you are not still holding forward when you input 21 after the run or you will get the f2 overhead (which I believe is what is happening to you).

Generally when I drop this combo I just do the 21 when they have fallen too low and the spear whiffs...

Imo the best way to make sure you don't get f2 is to input a dash (ff) immediately after the ex teleport an then tap block then 21~spear. That way you won't still be holding forward.

This combo its tricky though, some days I hit it everytime and other days I seem to drop it a lot, it is kind of annoying tbh.

If any other scorp players have tips on how to ensure consistency with this combo, specifically on the run 21~spear part I would like to see your suggestions.

@YOMI RM JagoBlake

Last edited:
Just to make sure, you are doing 214~teleport, 214~ex teleport, run 21~spear, jump over 2, f4~flame aura, 21 teleport (at this point you leave your opponent standing and you are plus 18 and also you are flame aura'd so you can do more damage while you pressure)

The timing of the run after the ex teleport is tricky, you want to make sure you are not still holding forward when you input 21 after the run or you will get the f2 overhead (which I believe is what is happening to you).

Generally when I drop this combo I just do the 21 when they have fallen too low and the spear whiffs...

Imo the best way to make sure you don't get f2 is to input a dash (ff) immediately after the ex teleport an then tap block then 21~spear. That way you won't still be holding forward.

This combo its tricky though, some days I hit it everytime and other days I seem to drop it a lot, it is kind of annoying tbh.

If any other scorp players have tips on how to ensure consistency with this combo, specifically on the run 21~spear part I would like to see your suggestions.

@YOMI RM JagoBlake
Exactly what is happening to me, I will stop holding forward before I input the 21 after the ex teleport to solve that part of the problem. The other issue is like you say, the timing of the run, I will try the ff(dash) immediately after the ex teleport then tap block then the 21. Thanks bro. And yes it'll be awesome if someone has a consistent way of landing this combo.

Matix218

Get over here!
Exactly what is happening to me, I will stop holding forward before I input the 21 after the ex teleport to solve that part of the problem. The other issue is like you say, the timing of the run, I will try the ff(dash) immediately after the ex teleport then tap block then the 21. Thanks bro. And yes it'll be awesome if someone has a consistent way of landing this combo.
this is one of those things where if I am awake and alert I do pretty well but if its late and im tired I tend to be that little bit late or sloppy with my inputs and drop it more. If there is some trick I would love it but I think you just have to be on point with the run/21 timing and that's all there is to it

this is one of those things where if I am awake and alert I do pretty well but if its late and im tired I tend to be that little bit late or sloppy with my inputs and drop it more. If there is some trick I would love it but I think you just have to be on point with the run/21 timing and that's all there is to it
Yea, practice practice practice!

Jago tag all the scorpion players please let them know about this breakthrough, spread the word. I don't known if anyone knew about this? Scorpion s4 seems to jail into 90% of his stuff posted a video on YouTube for everyone to see