What's new

Salty Tiers XBL Online Tournament (Sign Up)

This is the Official Salty Tiers XBL Online tournament Sign up page; please read the Rules and Regulations section below and post your XBL Gamertag along with your timezone and agreement with the Rules and Regulations for registration. The tournament will be held from Dec 12th to Dec 18th in double elimination format. Please PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

Rules and Regulations

1. Tournament will be double elimination format. This means that if you lose once you still have a chance to win.

2. The fights will be best 3 of 5 in the qualifier round; best 2 of 3 in the preliminaries, and best 3 of 5 in the quarter-finals, semi-finals and finals. However the winner of losers bracket must win 2 sets of 3 in the finals to win.

3. Tournament brackets will be made based on performance in a qualifier fight. Contestants will be given a rating between 1 and 10 with 1 being the best and 10 being the worst, based on amount of rounds won vs lost. These ratings will dictate the tournament brackets.

4. As for now the entire roster is legal and is free to use however; a character chart of up to 5 characters within the roster must be submitted by each contestants by no later than 11:59pm (EST) Dec 11th 2011. The player is bound to only selecting those characters and during each tournament match ONLY the loser can decide to switch characters. The victor can switch characters ONLY if agreed upon by the loser. At the start of each new tournament fight both contestants are able to choose freely again.

5. Only the following Kombat Kodes are legal:

001 - Disable Foreground Elements
900 - No Blood
111 - Tournament Mode
101 - Klassic Music
666 - Zombie Kombat

The Kombat Kodes; 001 and 009 are the best for reducing lag please be respectful of your opponent if they choose either of these options. 009 has effects on certain moves such as jades glow. Also be aware that tournament mode disables toasty bonus, first hit meter bonus, foreground elements and much more.

6. The tournament will run on a tight schedule so make sure you are available for your fights. Anyone whom does not complete their fights by the deadlines will be eliminated. Scheduling will be conducted after registrations are closed if possible it would be nice to complete the tournament in 72 hours if we can reach an agreement between the contestants.

7. Please be respectful to your opponents and everyone else in the tournament. Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated even though this tournament is only casual. Fatalities and Babalities are fine; as are homemade Fatalities. Harassment and Tea-bagging are not allowed.

8. If agreed upon by both players they may have 1 "lag check" fight. If this happens both contestants must input the combat code 012 which is health regeneration. The purpose of this is similar to button checks in offline tournaments, this gives both players a chance to try their combos and inputs before fighting. This fight does not count and can only be performed once per tournament fight and must be mutually agreed on by both contestants.

9. All stages are legal and can be predetermined by the contestants. If a stage is selected that either player wishes not to play they must restart. If this is done a mutual stage must be decided before continuing. This can help avoid lag as some stages are worse than others.

10. All scheduled fights must be completed before their deadlines. If for some reason a fight cannot be completed a small extension may be granted however; be aware that missing a fight may lead to a loss or disqualification.

11. All participants are required to have the following to compete:
X-Box 360
X-Box Live Gold Membership
Mortal Kombat 2011
All compatibility patches

I know this is obvious but I have been in previous online tournaments that have encountered this problem. If a participant is missing a requirement they may be deemed a loss or disqualification.

12. In the case of a dispute over matters such as: harassment, or a match. Both players may be put on probation which could result in disqualification, a loss, a supervised rematch, or be suspended until further notice.

13. Registrations will be closed Dec 5th

14. All participants are requires to read and understand the Rules and Regulations of the tournament. All participants are also requires to agree to these terms.

All contestants will be informed via XBL and on TYM of up coming matches and updates to rules and regulations and the tournament standings.

Im in, i still need to babality that noob gutzngore.

Pink i Zeppelin

XBL

CET
Lmao, we will definitely have to see about that Pink. Bring it on!

Looks like we are finally starting to fill up, so spread the word! Let your friends know its time to kick some ass, the more the merry-er.

AngryWorm

Hitomi's Pet
I 'think' I should be able to join. Sign me up and if it changes I'll inform you.

GT AngryWorm v2
EST

Someone has to be the first one eliminated anyways.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Just a heads up on the codes...No Blood removes certain effects such as the glow effect on Jade's flash/glow. And Tournament mode removes the first hit bonus.

Just a heads up on the codes...No Blood removes certain effects such as the glow effect on Jade's flash/glow. And Tournament mode removes the first hit bonus.
Thanks, was unaware of the no blood effect on jade. I'll add this in the rules and regulation.