What's new

Salty Messages

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
I haven’t gotten any messages myself in League yet or ever, just one dude on the mic after I beat his Geras.....yea Geras...and he was saying he’s gonna go fight someo who doesn’t d1 and d3 the “whole time” I.e someone who won’t counterpoke or use those to gain space for whiff punishing and just take his guessing game

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
I used to be a salty little kid back in the day but I would rage more in MOBA's because that was unfortunately what everyone did.

I learned to stop doing that on my path to become a better player but I'll still rage sometimes just never on mic or in a hatemail lol, and I've learned to redirect it to myself. "F*CK I can't believe I missed that tech" rather than telling someone their scrub ass character would do a throw.

I'm surprised hatemail is still a thing, I mostly get people who hop on the mic to rage mid battle. This was abundant in mkx as people heard "On your knees" for the 4th time and would lose their shit on the mic.

Not gonna lie, I never played MKX but if I heard on your knees constantly, I would rage too. What used to make me salty was Supermans "kneel before me". That would increase my sodium levels an unprecedented amount.

E

Eldriken

Whenever I get one of those, I just say “Wow. I didn’t know they had babalities in this game” and then immediately block them because I don’t care what sort of whiny response they’re going to cry back with.

It’s kind of sad that there are actually people in the world who are so lame that they’d whine to strangers on the internet after losing in a video game.
Ayyyyye. Usually, if someone sent me hatemail, I'd be like "k guy" because that really seems to chap their ass. But I like "Wow, I didn't know there were Babalities in this game". Definitely gonna throw that one around. Thanks. =P

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
I had a great set last night with a good Cetrion player. Wish I remembered the guy's screen name since he was pretty gracious in victory,

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
I usually let'em have a "You're an amazing person and a much better player than I will ever be. I appreciate you allowing me to fight you."

They either immediately change their tone or they double down and really make an ass out of themselves.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I used to always send GGs and would get some sent to me too, but the amount of negative outweighed the positive so I blocked messaging from people who aren't my friends. I also create a party before playing online so I can't hear what people are saying.

It sucks because I am sure I am missing out on meeting/interacting with some nice people but im just so done with all of the negativity in online gaming so I cut out all the toxic people's options completely lol

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I usually like to try and give positive reinforcement when my opponent is nice, so if they're respectful or nice, even if they blow me out or I blow them out (Footage not found) I usually send a quick "thanks for the games" or something friendly. If they're toxic, or a jerk, I just report them, block them, and move on.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I used to get messages with all the previous games. And send “really?” to lame quitters. But with MK11, I haven’t received a single message. NOT ONE. Especially surprising when I’m using Kano.

Then I finally realized why, when I tried to send a “ggs but gotta sleep now” message but couldn’t.

I set my messages to “friends only” a while back... lol. Got sick of getting random spam messages from fake accounts. Whoops.

But I gotta say... it’s been nice and peaceful.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Is this on PSN? I'd like to be able to perma mute mic chat if possible but havent looked into it yet. How do I go about it?
You can just create a party (even make it private if you don’t want any friends to randomly join). Then you won’t hear any in-game chat, as it will have defaulted to party chat. But no one will be talking in your party, so... nice and quiet! No mic needed either.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Then I finally realized why, when I tried to send a “ggs but gotta sleep now” message but couldn’t.

I set my messages to “friends only” a while back... lol. Got sick of getting random spam messages from fake accounts. Whoops.
Completely forgot I did this as well, those spam messages were getting out of hand, I still get them in friend requests occasionally.

I'm surprised people haven't heard of anyone getting a friend quest filled with a rage message. I used to get some of those on steam back in the day lol