What's new

Sales Prediction: Do you think MK 11 will sell more than MK X did?

Sales Prediction: Do you think MK 11 will sell more than MK X did?

• Total voters
There's no question in my mind this will sell more than MKX, and it has a LOT to do with it being on Switch. I own a Switch as I'm a big Nintendo fan, but I will only be getting it on PS4 Pro and PC for the best experience possible visually. However, there are a lot of Switch's out there and they are hungry for triple A experiences on the go. The Switch sales will catapult this way past MKX over its lifetime.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
@twistedspine You heard the news of late about Nintendo news going around? Apparently there's also now heavy rumors that Nintendo will be making 2 more versions of the switch a Switch Pro and a one a little cheaper for casuals, which will also help for those who still don't have a Switch.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
I voted. Not because of roster or gameplay/etc. MKX outsold because the PS4 and Xbox One were super new at the time. They had no competition with other fighting games and even when those were released they did not deliver as well. Plus MKX had a massive upgrade to many games. A lot of the "kids" you see playing online now have MKX because of getting it from bargain bins I think. Also, adults which the game is rated and targeted for and made the game what it is today are not into talking and shooting the breeze and trash talking while they play. I've spoken with people who pre-ordered and do not pay for premium online DLC or PSN or Xbox live. they are playing for towers and story mode. It is sad in ways and I could be wrong as my brother who knows of Rhonda Rousy and I didn't. That got his attention, but he has no intention of buying it but he really doesn't play games unless they are bargain bin. He's kind of a mess. Got into street drugs and stuff and didn't stop. He has moments where he is clean and does well but the cycle keeps happening. I will leave it at that. If only Raiden and the elder gods could help him. But i digress.

Hostile_18

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.
It will absolutely 100% sell better than MKX.

Let's get into it ;)

So the main factor is the current gen market is MASSIVELY bigger than it was, the potential player base is now huge, significantly better than when MKX launched.

Injustice 2 gained alot of fans and that has alot of overlap with Mortal Kombat now which will also bring fans of that franchise in as well as MK diehards.

Graphics are even better than ever before, like it or hate it graphics are a games main selling point.

Larger DLC plans/continued support. MK will almost certainly get at least two season passes. That's continuous marketing and public concisousness for at the very least a year. By the end we'll almost certainly get a new sku the XL or legendary edition as well.

Rhonda Rousey celebrity promotion will appeal to a sector of the market not traditional engaged with the franchise. Same goes for what ever future guest characters they announce.

WB have supported NRS financially more than ever before in this marketing cycle from the reveal/launch event onwards. How many games get that kind of support from their publisher!

It's also launching in a brilliant window. There's few third party games releasing and really only competing release wise is Days Gone. That been a Sony exclusive and little overlap in playerbase it won't canabalise sales much at all.

It's launching on more platforms than MKX (Switch) with better promised PC support.

From the positive reception from the media and the fc community everything seems to be going in MKs favour.

If it sells less than MKX... I'll main Rain ;)