What's new

Sales Prediction: Do you think MK 11 will sell more than MK X did?

Sales Prediction: Do you think MK 11 will sell more than MK X did?

• Total voters

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
With MK X selling practically 11 million copies on Xbox One, PS4 and PC I'm sure it's safe to say that MK 11 will at least match that if I had to guess.

MK 11 however will be on literally everything, Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC. So you think MK 11 will outsell MK X? I will say my prediction will be around 15 million copies sold in total once it's said and done or at least around there, perhaps 14 million? Give or take in that ballpark.

What's your guess?

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
yes and I hope it gives WB enough budget to NRS make a another IP full of guests characters from MK and then put MK characters as DLC as guests

Kratos
Freddy
Jason
Predator
Leatherface
Alien
Rain
Khameleon

boom

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
Yeah I think MK11 will sell more than MKX easy. Even more so considering that it's launching on everything the same day and there's a great chance both the Switch and PC ports will be really good on launch. MKX PC did well despite the rough launch, so we can only expect MK11 to do even better with a solid launch.

MKF30

Who knows about MK guest characters in other IP's, but I just want NRS to make another IP besides MK and Injustice. A horror fighting game, racing game or a beat em up game would be awesome. Of course, if they got the rights to do a DC vs. Marvel game that would most likely take the cookie.

Yeah I think MK11 will sell more than MKX easy. Even more so considering that it's launching on everything the same day and there's a great chance both the Switch and PC ports will be really good on launch. MKX PC did well despite the rough launch, so we can only expect MK11 to do even better with a solid launch.
Yeah IGN and GS I believe said the game ran amazingly well on Switch, of course we had no gameplay shown but people who played it raved about it. That is definitely great news for NRS, WB and Nintendo fans as well as Nintendo MK fans. I know sometimes PC fighters have issues at first but I'm sure they learned from the past no doubt.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Every Mortal Kombat game will sell more than the last one, more and more people get children on this overcrowded planet + children that were still underaged during MKX are now at a age they can buy it as well..

MKF30

Every Mortal Kombat game will sell more than the last one, more and more people get children on this overcrowded planet + children that were still underaged during MKX are now at a age they can buy it as well..
lol ok the part about "people get children on this overcrowded planet" made me laugh. But hey at least we're not China, they're literally like heavily overpopulated.

Last edited:

JGillette

My thirst for knowledge cannot be quenched
I had a feeling it would until they announced that kustom variations wont be completely accessible
Its something they emphasized with the announcement trailer but here we are
This is what i think about this matter

Blade4693

VIVIVI
As much as I hate to say it im gonna say no. While there is definitely hype for MK11 it just doesn't feel like it's on the same level as MKXs pre-release hype. MKX also had the luxury of being NRS's first all new game for the current gen which also added to the hype IMO.

I hope im wrong because I already like MK11 more than X but I feel like X was a little more anticipated.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
I definitely think it'll outsell MKX. MKX had less of the Klassic characters people enjoyed, so I feel like a lot of people begrudgingly bought it even though their fave wasn't in. Now with most of the initial favorites accounted for, it's almost a slam dunk in terms of sales.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I don't think it will outsell MKX. Not because I think the game is bad or anything but just looking at the situation. MKX came out early enough in the PS4 lifecycle, and has had all this time to just be around and thrive. Big word of mouth, tons of discounts and sales etc etc.

MK11 will have as strong or maybe even stronger initial sales I am very sure, but gonna run up on the wall of the next generation of consoles come holiday 2020. Once new consoles come out the tail of older generation games gets cut short pretty hard and won't have those extra years of good sales like MKX did. The only way MK11 has a chance is if they have a fancy pancy 4k remaster of MK11 come PS5 generation and the like.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
I don't see it happening. MKX sold around 11 million copies, right? I feel like all the stars in the universe have to align perfectly in order for a fighting game to reach those numbers - even for a franchise like Mortal Kombat.

I also think that 2019 is too strong of a gaming year for people to just throw out 60-70 bucks on a game from a genre they might not enjoy as much as others. I for example will have to wait for massive price drops for quite a few games, because 'Devil May Cry 5 - Deluxe Edition' cost me 70 Euros and 'Mortal Kombat 11 & Kombat Pack' will cost me 110 Euros. Then I'll also spend 40 Euros on 'Crash Team Racing' and 70 Euros on 'The Sinking City'. That's almost 300 Euros for me in the first two quarters of 2019.

And that's just the games, which are absolutely mandatory for my own personal body. I'm sure that many other people bought 'Resident Evil 2', 'Metro: Exodus', 'Kingdom Hearts 3' and 'Sekiro - Shadows Die Twice'. Then there are also 'Rage 2', 'Days Gone', 'Doom Eternal' and many others I'm not thinking of right now. And that's all before E3! Who know which other games will come out this year.
In all honesty, I think 2019 is the best year for gaming EVER. I think that's something that could potentially hurt the sales of MK11 big time.

MKF30

Well too be fair, Cetrion is a lot more than a rock thrower lol...she's pretty much the God of Nature and life.....still better than Jacqui.

But anyway, for the 2019 best year of gaming ever. I've heard that before, I think honestly there's either a good year for games or bad or mediocre but it shouldn't effect MK 11's sales. If anything MK 11 has more comp than MK X did in it's own genre but should still sell well.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Obviously yes.
The only thing that can backfire is the thing they thought would help them sell more: Ronda Rousey. Aka the worst voirce acting in videogames since RE1

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
I don't think it will outsell MKX. Not because I think the game is bad or anything but just looking at the situation. MKX came out early enough in the PS4 lifecycle, and has had all this time to just be around and thrive. Big word of mouth, tons of discounts and sales etc etc.

MK11 will have as strong or maybe even stronger initial sales I am very sure, but gonna run up on the wall of the next generation of consoles come holiday 2020. Once new consoles come out the tail of older generation games gets cut short pretty hard and won't have those extra years of good sales like MKX did. The only way MK11 has a chance is if they have a fancy pancy 4k remaster of MK11 come PS5 generation and the like.
Yeah, it'll be determined by how quickly they can make a PS5 and Xbox port. If they can make one fast while there aren't many games on the new consoles, it'll sell like hotcakes if there's no backwards compatibility.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
11 million is pretty tough to beat but I think MK11 will take it. It would suck if it didn’t because I have a feeling it will be the best mk I have ever played.

MKF30

I think Cetrion will still be played way more than female Jax 2.0 lol.

Honestly, I don't think the full sales will be defined on just P4/PS5 alone, as it's multi console, so you have to consider Switch, Xbox and PC sales as well. Something MK X did not have.

IamBatface

www.mixer.com/WilfyDee
I think so yes. I know a lot of people that got into either MKX or IJ2 pretty late and are now super hyped for MK11. I know that’s super anecdotal but I’m sure a lot of people are in the same boat and NRS always do a great job of marketing.

kantboy-2

Ripper
After XB1X and PS4Pro, console creators are beginning to ask developers to make games forward-compatible for next-gen consoles.

MK 11 won't be an exception. It'll sell more than MK X.