What's new

RYX Loves Riddles - Thread for Riddles

RYX

BIG PUSHER
RYX

How do you hide an elephant in a cheery tree?

What is the loudest noise in the jungle?
Paint its toenails red.

what

A man hangs himself in his attic. When he was found, there was only a puddle of water on the floor.

How did he hang himself?

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
There are two seperate rooms with no windows to see in each other. In one room there are 3 light bulbs. In the other room there are 3 lightswitches. You can only have 1 lightswitch on at a time, and you can only go into the lightbulb room once. How can you know for sure which switch controls each bulb?

(I was asked this one in a job interview)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

RYX

BIG PUSHER
There are two seperate rooms with no windows to see in each other. In one room there are 3 light bulbs. In the other room there are 3 lightswitches. You can only have 1 lightswitch on at a time, and you can only go into the lightbulb room once. How can you know for sure which switch controls each bulb?

(I was asked this one in a job interview)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Turn on light one and let it heat, turn it off. Turn on light two and go into the room. The bulb that is hot is light one and the cold one is bulb three. :3

Turn one bulb on, wait a while.
Turn it off, activate a second bulb, go into the other room, and measure the heat of the two inactive bulbs. The warm bulb is one, the cold bulb is two, and the active bulb is three.

Edit: Damn you, RYX! ; - ;

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
So a man lives on the 18th floor of his apartment building. When he goes to work in the morning he takes the elevator all the way down. But when he comes home he takes the elevator to the 8th floor and walks 10 flights. Why does he walk?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

cpmd4

Slaughter is the Best Medicine
So a man lives on the 18th floor of his apartment building. When he goes to work in the morning he takes the elevator all the way down. But when he comes home he takes the elevator to the 8th floor and walks 10 flights. Why does he walk?

He's too short to reach any number above 8.

Reactions: RYX

RYX

BIG PUSHER

He's short and can't reach the other buttons

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
When they take out an appendix, it’s an appendectomy; when they remove your tonsils, it’s a tonsillectomy. What is it when they remove a growth from your head?

An attending asked this at morning conference and stumped us all day until post conference. When we found out the answer we wanted to just give up our jobs for how dumb we are.

When they take out an appendix, it’s an appendectomy; when they remove your tonsils, it’s a tonsillectomy. What is it when they remove a growth from your head?

An attending asked this at morning conference and stumped us all day until post conference. When we found out the answer we wanted to just give up our jobs for how dumb we are.
Expensive