What's new

Rushdown Sektor Strategies

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Oh right sorry if I'm mis-understanding you here. You said most characters can duck after the first hit off a JIP.
Hmmm... I think they kan poke. I'm actually not sure. Sektor's Neutral after the first hit is blocked so it should be duckable after the jab.

If only this game had a better training mode...

NKZero

Noob
Hmmm... I think they kan poke. I'm actually not sure. Sektor's Neutral after the first hit is blocked so it should be duckable after the jab.

I swear a JIP gives you advantage on block or on hit. That's why I'm confused haha.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
Nobody mentions standing 4. I use standing 4 a LOT, usually coupled with flamethrower to push back. Distance dependent, though. If you're too close, some characters can easily punish flamethrower with fast specials. At sweep distance, 4 will hit a ducking opponent, blocking or not. Deceptive range, too; Sektor lurches forward during active frames.

I guess it's somewhat defensive, but I incorporate the 4 into matchups where I'd rather play mid screen, anyway.

Also good antiair. Opponent jumps. I know know whether he's going for a kick or a JIP. I'll step back, throw out a 4, link 4 into teleport.

ryublaze

Noob

I know I thought the same too because the AI would duck the first hit after jip everytime lol. What I did was use 2 controllers and held block and after the jip I would hold down. The opponent has to block 1, 2, B1 after a jip. I think this is also shown in Somberness's General Frame Data topic.

Air Normals Cancel Block Advantage Data
Angled Jump Punch - +14 to +18

NKZero

Noob
I know I thought the same too because the AI would duck the first hit after jip everytime lol. What I did was use 2 controllers and held block and after the jip I would hold down. The opponent has to block 1, 2, B1 after a jip. I think this is also shown in Somberness's General Frame Data topic.

That's what was known to me. Unless it is a really slow normal then you should be able to jail with a jump-in punch. An example of one that doesn't is Ermac's F114 string but I dunno the start-up on F1. Still a Sektor 6 frame jab must jail after you are at +14 to +18...

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
That's what was known to me. Unless it is a really slow normal then you should be able to jail with a jump-in punch. An example of one that doesn't is Ermac's F114 string but I dunno the start-up on F1. Still a Sektor 6 frame jab must jail after you are at +14 to +18...

Yeah. I know the first hit gets advantage and jails but I'm wondering about the second. Normally it's duckable. I tried ducking it with two controllers but it's pretty hard when you only have two hands.. lol.

Nobody mentions standing 4. I use standing 4 a LOT, usually coupled with flamethrower to push back. Distance dependent, though. If you're too close, some characters can easily punish flamethrower with fast specials. At sweep distance, 4 will hit a ducking opponent, blocking or not. Deceptive range, too; Sektor lurches forward during active frames.

I guess it's somewhat defensive, but I incorporate the 4 into matchups where I'd rather play mid screen, anyway.

Also good antiair. Opponent jumps. I know know whether he's going for a kick or a JIP. I'll step back, throw out a 4, link 4 into teleport.
I think Standing 4 is a really good anti air at certain ranges. I was really advocating for it in that one thread about it.

As a footsies tool though, I don't find it as useful. Up close it's pretty slow and d4 as well as his other tools are much more useful. At farther ranges it's very wiff punishable and you are left at a pretty bad position if it's ducked. I do like to use it just because people don't expect it but that's very rarely when I read that they are going to move right into it.

You're right, it really is a defensive tool and doesn't really serve for offense. So it doesn't fit well in this thread.

Really like the anti air though...

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
It's a half-half. I think Sektor's offense pairs well with his defense. My roomie, the person I play against the most, is a ducker, so I have to find clever ways of getting in and he's quick to uppercut those whiffed 1's. If you're at complete max range the standing 4 will whiff a ducker, but at sweep it's golden. I haven't tested against low hitboxers, I haven't checked to see whether or not it connects where a d4 will not though with it's forward movement I think it will. The great thing is it only moves Sektor forward while the move is active. He ends up exactly where he started. And I haven't looked at the frames but it seems deceptively fast and I've had great luck with it.

The problem with throwing a 4 out there too often is that it's -6 on block, which means you can (theoretically) be punished for it by some stuff. At the very least, it gives them the opportunity to close the distance and maybe get some pressure going. And if it hit's you're only at +2 and they can block any follow ups. I hardly ever use 4 simply because there are better options for that range that have bigger potential payoffs (b1, f2). It's also no faster than f2 and has only 1 frame over b1.

If you want to go the kicking route, 3's somewhat better. It has shorter range and can be ducked, but it's safe on block and +5 on hit.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
I have to respectfully disagree. Only because spacing is sooooo important with Sektor. I think he's scariest at midrange. So I throw out that naked 4 within sweep distance. You cant duck it, blocking or not. And I never throw it out there without a special link. I'll usually opt for flames, but some times I'll opt for an up-missile. It's a really good tactic. And I only use it over 3 because it can't be ducked. Recovery frames are irrelevant when I'm linking into flames. Agreed that some characters can easily punish the flames sans meter, but at max range it's fairly safe chip. And when you're fighting a ducker, safe chip is the way to go. I have getting in too close with Sektor with that high 1.

Only time 4 is hit-confirmable is as AA, and you can dish out better damage than you can off a 1.

4 has better reach than d+4, on hit has some immense stagger. 4 into close missile is titties even if a tad unsafe.

devil_puncher

Sektor Supreme
I wouldn't rely on it too much. If the opponent is stand blocking them you can abuse any of his strings. Otherwise stick to B34, B21 or create footsie mind games with B1 and F2. If you want to press the offense you have to find a suitable up missile set-up in order to give yourself a free jump in. But trust me man, Sektor out footsies a lot of the cast and out zones a lot of the cast and always has the thread of instant air teleport to punish the opponents' zoning attempts. That's how he operates best.
Yeah i really need to work on my footsies, but at last i have no one to help or show me..lol

NKZero

Noob
yeah man my psn tag is devil_puncher666.
Alright I'll add you to my extensive list of friends (like 5 I don't usually add people). BUT WAIT A SECOND, isn't this game region-locked? I don't know if UK players can play US players can they (sorry I'm assuming you are from there)? Well if it is possible or you are from another country or whatever then sure I will be glad to help.

devil_puncher

Sektor Supreme
Alright I'll add you to my extensive list of friends (like 5 I don't usually add people). BUT WAIT A SECOND, isn't this game region-locked? I don't know if UK players can play US players can they (sorry I'm assuming you are from there)? Well if it is possible or you are from another country or whatever then sure I will be glad to help.
well i am from the states and i dont know about the region-lock. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.