What's new

Strategy - Sub-Zero Run jab

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Better yet: Run and 114.
That's as unsafe as 11 iceball
Which is why 11 iceball is a bad idea lol
But using f12 mid screen seems to work really well , it's safe , has enough advantage to make your pokes faster than the opponent knows them to be , and once they respect your low poke jus throw in a b2

boba_buster

Noob saibot
And when they do fail to block the f12 you get a hkd with plenty of time to run up and do what ever you want
Just trying to find the safest way to play midscreen and push them to the corner because midscreen is where sub loses
Ppl can say clone wins footsies all they want but it's not helping you push them very much , and if your scared to run in with a f12 you can always throw a clone at them first to give yourself a little advantage for the run in

PLAY FOR KEEPSIES

No backsies
It's faster than b2 and ppl run in with that all day , and yes I know it's less range than b2 but it really jus boils down to getting the timing down jus like with a run in b2.
90% of ppl jus freeze up when you run at them anyway
B2 is longer range tho, also its much more reward for that risk and much more likely to get in

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
No let's not change the subject too quickly, let's expand this theory... okay so here's why Kenshi might not be so bad get this.... perhaps no one was doing run jab?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Different mechanics, same principle. Advancing pressure with fast, staggered normals. Kotal players do this kind of thing with their b1.
The difference is B1 covers like half the screen. Subs stand 1 is 7 frames so I guess it's better point blank, but KK especially in sun God gets way more stuff off of B1 than Sub gets off of stand 1.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
The difference is B1 covers like half the screen. Subs stand 1 is 7 frames so I guess it's better point blank, but KK especially in sun God gets way more stuff off of B1 than Sub gets off of stand 1.
Kotal b1 is 9f believe, and like you said, good range. Sub stand 1 is 7f, with a short run its probably around 9f, about the same range. Kotal gets more for sure, due to a number of things (Sun God tic throw, War God OH Sword Smash bait, etc.). But it's still something. We can tic throw, meter build, pressure, etc. There's still value.