What's new

Strategy - Sub-Zero Run jab

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I'll stagger run jabs pretty often. 0 on block, 7f, timed right it's pretty good pressure. I resort to this a lot more playing Cryo since 111 is more easily hit confirmed.

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
No, can't say I do. 11~ice ball, I almost exclusively use as a punish on block.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Stagger as in throw jab after jab. It looks like 1, run 1, run 12 xx clone/ hammer/ aura. It's good to set up tic throws as well.
This is exactly why I make these goofy little threads that everyone calls stupid , always squeezes out good little tech from others , thanks ree

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
This is exactly why I make these goofy little threads that everyone calls stupid , always squeezes out good little tech from others , thanks ree
Just be aware of the MU. Liu Kang and Ermac for example are just looking for an excuse to d3/d4. They'll low profile the stand 1 and start their pressure. I'd use it sparingly, and after jip since the opponent is jailed and forced to block.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Trying a lot of run in f12 , working great , on block jus default to f33 , love taking advantage of block advantage lol

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Run f12 is decent as a throw bait
the slowness of f12 seems to work perfectly into baiting people into trying to tech a throw
but still dangerous as hell
need to condition with safer and longer ranged normals first

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Run f12 is decent as a throw bait
the slowness of f12 seems to work perfectly into baiting people into trying to tech a throw
but still dangerous as hell
need to condition with safer and longer ranged normals first
Safer?!? It's his safest block string !
His only block string that has advantage +2
Update: f33 gets poked out way to easy after a blocked f12 , but an armor move or a d4 works great , basically if they block the f12 it turns ur 8 frame pokes into a 6 frame poke that with the advantage of a d4 on hit makes for good pressure , more over I seem to be playing safer in the neutral and slowly working them to the corner more effectively than I was trying to go for less safe high comer carry combos.
Played about 30 matches this evening and only lost one cuz I was goofing around after I 10-0ed the guy , the whole time focusing on using f12 as my main game plan and experimenting with different options , 29-1 is good for me any night of the week lol

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Update: f33 gets poked out way to easy after a blocked f12 , but an armor move or a d4 works great , basically if they block the f12 it turns ur 8 frame pokes into a 6 frame poke that with the advantage of a d4 on hit makes for good pressure , more over I seem to be playing safer in the neutral and slowly working them to the corner more effectively than I was trying to go for less safe high comer carry combos.
Played about 30 matches this evening and only lost one cuz I was goofing around after I 10-0ed the guy , the whole time focusing on using f12 as my main game plan and experimenting with different options , 29-1 is good for me any night of the week lol
Not unsafeness in terms of on block
I'm saying your running up to them and doing a 15f normal with very little range
Not only did you need to run break into that range safely
You needed to condition them not to just press any fast button point blank and beat out your 15f normal

Anyone who is buttonsie will beat you out for sure
I'm not saying its a bad idea, but its not something you want to base your entire game around
Its a throw bait imo
On pressure its decent too, but its much better in cryo in my opinion cos of the follow up mind game and the potential damage off f122

boba_buster

Noob saibot
It's faster than b2 and ppl run in with that all day , and yes I know it's less range than b2 but it really jus boils down to getting the timing down jus like with a run in b2.
90% of ppl jus freeze up when you run at them anyway

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Online isnt the best medium to judge
But most good players will punish you for running into slow normals like that
That 10% of people who dont freeze up will punish you hard, or poke you out of that run in at the very minimum

zoofs

bless
sub has all 9f pokes

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Forget the 11 man just run up and ice ball them in the face. After that high five the closest stereotypical bro you can find and chug a full 2 litre of Mountain Dew. Once your heart starts to beat again, pick up the controller and then do 3 stances switches before switching to d2's for the remainder of the match.