What's new

Question - A-List Run Cancels Fixed (Maybe?)

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Yeah it's still not the exact same. You have to cancel into dash then press run after it. I still have to do it a little slower. Smh

The muscle memory of 4 months of holding block is really screwing me over right now haha.

EDIT: Nevermind, it feels the same on PS4 now. Before I was playing on PC, which might be a hotfix behind.

Last edited:

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I tested PS4 with latest hotfix against PC using the tremor patch (deliberately left it unpatched for testing purposes)

Both seem to be the exact same now. Not sure if Xbox or PC are up to date yet.

P.F.

Noob
I tested PS4 with latest hotfix against PC using the tremor patch (deliberately left it unpatched for testing purposes)

Both seem to be the exact same now. Not sure if Xbox or PC are up to date yet.
Thank you for your input, I will edit the OP in case anyone comes across this in the future.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
The cancels seem to be as they were now. But now after a d4 i find hard to do shadow kick, now I get flipkick.
Never happened before. Someone else?

P.F.

Noob
The cancels seem to be as they were now. But now after a d4 i find hard to do shadow kick, now I get flipkick.
Never happened before. Someone else?
Did Negative Edge get turned on by accident? I know that while I had that on it messed up a lot of my combos.

(E.G. For Brawler Cassie, 11BF3 (command grab) would turn into 11BF1 (gun shot) )

ismael4790

Did Negative Edge get turned on by accident? I know that while I had that on it messed up a lot of my combos.

(E.G. For Brawler Cassie, 11BF3 (command grab) would turn into 11BF1 (gun shot) )
Nope, it is unabled. That's what made me suspect it was related with the fix.

P.F.

Noob
Nope, it is unabled. That's what made me suspect it was related with the fix.
And is this in A-List only or in all Johnny? Because the patch specifically broke run canceling special moves (in Johnny's case, the chargeable Shadow Kick in A-List), which do not apply for Fisty and Stunt Double.

Last edited:

ismael4790

And is this in A-List only or in all Johnny? Because the patch specifically broke run canceling special moves (in Johnny's case, the chargeable Shadow Kick in A-List), which do not apply for Fisty and Stunt Double.
Only A-List, now I have to input the commands in a different way than prepatch to get it, a bit faster. It's weird, but meh...

zoofs

bless
theres no way they're completely normal again, dizzy might just have better execution or a different habit for doing them honestly. You simply can't do them as fast with the previous way of holding block and doing it on the first frame or so. I still randomly get shadow kick occasionally if I try to do them how I was before and I'm willing to bet block advantage is not the same. I'm on ps4 btw.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Guessing this hotfix isn't on X1 yet? Tanya's throw still does 32% but the RCs don't seem any different to me pre-patch. I even tried A-List for the first time today and I can do SKRCs just fine.

Scorpion, Liu Kang and Erron Marksman RCs all feel the same to me

P.F.

Noob
Guessing this hotfix isn't on X1 yet? Tanya's throw still does 32% but the RCs don't seem any different to me pre-patch. I even tried A-List for the first time today and I can do SKRCs just fine.

Scorpion, Liu Kang and Erron Marksman RCs all feel the same to me
If Tanya is doing 32% throws then you don't have the hotfix.

That is odd though, because the hotfix is supposed to FIX the broken SKRCs that was in the patch...but you can still do them just fine. Secret A-List gawd?

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
If Tanya is doing 32% throws then you don't have the hotfix.

That is odd though, because the hotfix is supposed to FIX the broken SKRCs that was in the patch...but you can still do them just fine. Secret A-List gawd?
I read that most players hold the block button to do RCs and that's how they were affected? I never did it so I guess it's that. But to my knowledge, the frame advantage was nerfed but I don't feel that difference.