What's new

Question - A-List Run Cancels Fixed (Maybe?)

P.F.

Noob
So apparently PS4 got hotfixed tonight and I've been hearing a lot of conflicting news...

Some people are saying all run cancels are fixed. Others are saying A-List is still broken and has lost a lot of advantage from the new patch. What's the consensus on here from the good A-List players?

Being a PC user i won't be able to test any of this until way later.

(Apparently D'Vorah's and Jacqui's run cancels are working now...although I don't know much about those chars, so they could still be worse theoretically.)

EDIT: PS4 cancels are confirmed to be back to normal. If PC and XBox haven't been fixed yet they will be shortly.

Last edited:

zoofs

bless
I was talking about this before, it's definitely better than the previous buggy version but it's 100% not the same. A-list for example has definitely either lost advantage or they made execution generally a lot harder so if you want to do them perfectly people are going to need to practice more

I could just have awful execution and be completely wrong as well but it feels way different.

Last edited:
My understanding is that they fixed one of the problems (not being able to buffer a run) during the hotfix, but not the other (the liu kang fix, i.e. you need to hold for 4-frames before inputting the rc).

The second part is scheduled to be patched...but it hasn't happened yet.

zoofs

bless
My understanding is that they fixed one of the problems (not being able to buffer a run) during the hotfix, but not the other (the liu kang fix, i.e. you need to hold for 4-frames before inputting the rc).

The second part is scheduled to be patched...but it hasn't happened yet.
I hope so, but I doubt it

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
9/1 Post patch hotfix
by
NRS-Lanny yesterday - last edited yesterday

Dash Cancels from charge moves will come out if the block button is being held still or pressed too early
im not having a problem with 121 RC but SKRC is still a bit buggy

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
Well i have to admit the cancels feel much better and like before now except that you have to wait a little longer to execute the cancel. Therefore b34 skrc is no true block string anymore since you lose too much advantage. It will get fixed so its ok.
BTW i can still manage to do liu kangs f213 fbrc 3times XDDDDD

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Cancels look much slower then before, or the way to execute them changed somehow and I can't get them as fast as I did.

I tried for 15 minutes to get the f2SKRCf2 combo but I can't do it...I have a lot of troubles getting guaranteed blockstrings out of b34SKRC or F24SKRC too. Seems like I have to wait a bit to get the cancel out and it just sucks.

I am very upset, I will not play the game much until they fix this for good

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Cancels look much slower then before, or the way to execute them changed somehow and I can't get them as fast as I did.

I tried for 15 minutes to get the f2SKRCf2 combo but I can't do it...I have a lot of troubles getting guaranteed blockstrings out of b34SKRC or F24SKRC too. Seems like I have to wait a bit to get the cancel out and it just sucks.

I am very upset, I will not play the game much until they fix this for good
Dropped A-list myself haha. Not too upset at the change I just dont have the energy to re-learn it. Going to carry on with Stunt Double and my other character.s

P.F.

Noob
http://testyourmight.com/threads/full-patch-notes-8-31-15-updated-w-9-1-hotfix-notes.55658/

According to Braindead, the changed execution on run cancels is scheduled to be fixed along with Tanya's 32% throw.

No ETA though.
Tanya's throw bug was fixed (kinda, it does 16% now). Are they really going to fix the frame delay or is this a nerf to all special cancel chars? Seems like they would address both issues in the same hotfix...unless it's a bigger issue and they can't.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Maaan, the run cancel still suck for A-list. I think it was good the way it was. Give me back my whiffing mids, I want dat run cancel pressure!! :p