What's new

Guide - A-List Run Cancel Frame Data

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
it does give the same advantage on hit i think and i use it in one corner combo which is runcancel from hintconfirm into 12(charge)1 6x12-fastnp

a regular np would whiff after 6x 12 but the mashed out does hit
I didn't know about this fast nut punch. How do you do that exactly?

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I didn't know about this fast nut punch. How do you do that exactly?
You can do it by charging nut punch for a very short time, a few frames or so.

It actually does less damage in combos than uncharged nut punch for some reason. It's only slightly faster than uncharged nut punch. 2 or 3 frames I believe. So still not nearly as fast as nut punch in Stunt Double for example.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
You can do it by charging nut punch for a very short time, a few frames or so.

It actually does less damage in combos than uncharged nut punch for some reason. It's only slightly faster than uncharged nut punch. 2 or 3 frames I believe. So still not nearly as fast as nut punch in Stunt Double for example.
Is it more unsafe? I've been punished by kotal's f2 for doing an input error and accidentally getting a fast nutpunch.

darklightjg1

Lost Street Fighter Player
Is the frame data on hit listed anywhere for F3RC vs F3DC vs F3SKRC vs F3SKDC?

I just picked him up a couple of weeks ago and am still having trouble doing double SKRC combos/still need to grind it out more to get that down without running out of stamina too fast, but I didn't notice/find out until this morning that some combos are still possible with just doing dash cancel instead of RC.

rafaw

#YouSuck
Is the frame data on hit listed anywhere for F3RC vs F3DC vs F3SKRC vs F3SKDC?

I just picked him up a couple of weeks ago and am still having trouble doing double SKRC combos/still need to grind it out more to get that down without running out of stamina too fast, but I didn't notice/find out until this morning that some combos are still possible with just doing dash cancel instead of RC.
Out of dash cancel you can combo: 121dc f3dc and b34skdc, but they only combo into 1 or 2 starter(113/114/121/21) but i dont know the frame data on hit of those cancels.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Out of dash cancel you can combo: 121dc f3dc and b34skdc, but they only combo into 1 or 2 starter(113/114/121/21) but i dont know the frame data on hit of those cancels.
@darklightjg1

You can combo off all of those, not sure about any else. I definitely won't do the frame data for stuff on hit because you can just easily test if it combos.

B34 has the highest hit advantage. You can combo B34 SK DC into f2

I still need to figure out dash cancel frame data. It's been a pain in the ass so I've been putting it off. I do know that all dash cancels are negative on block except standing 4.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
So has anyone tried punishing things with f3 dash cancel, 113 SKRC into f24?
Could be useful since it takes less stamina and thus you regain it faster after the nut punch.

rafaw

#YouSuck
So has anyone tried punishing things with f3 dash cancel, 113 SKRC into f24?
Could be useful since it takes less stamina and thus you regain it faster after the nut punch.
Theres no point doing it, it will just scale the damage! To punish if they are not so close, its better to use F3rc F3rc F4 f24 d1 f3xxnp.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
121 dash cancel can combo into f3. f3 dash cancel combos into f3 but looks like it is a just frame.

I don't remember if 121 dash cancel combos into f2 but I'll test it later

i should be able to do two skrc on block and in combos, right?

i keep running out of stamina and my run comes out as a dash.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
i should be able to do two skrc on block and in combos, right?

i keep running out of stamina and my run comes out as a dash.
Means your cancels aren't crispy enough. All you can do is practice, but sadly practice can't save you from online lag so I rarely go for back to back cancels online.

Means your cancels aren't crispy enough. All you can do is practice, but sadly practice can't save you from online lag so I rarely go for back to back cancels online.
thanks, man.
Are double run cancels possible with all of the strings?
Can y'all help me with a good string to start learning them?

EVB_VenDeTTa

Still Glad You Were Born?!
... I'm So sorry to Intrude on this thread. I don't use TYM at all anymore but once I saw this thread I had to say something. The frame data you put up there in the title thread, is completely wrong. Go to practice and try all of that out again....
There is no possible way that f3 Skrc is plus 17. If I was plus 17, there would be no possible way for any opponent on the face of that character roster would be able to EX out after it... That is one thing you are wrong about out of the many..... I main Johnny and know him like the back of my hand and play many great players that have helped me test out the plus cancels such as EVB_BigD, Noobe and Gross.... Please guys.... Test the frame data for yourself if you do not truly know... Take care everyone... @GGA Dizzy @Conflict_90

EVB_VenDeTTa

I've already been attacked by other A-list mains about this character, that don't even play the character fully. I think I'll sit this one out homie. @EVB_VenDeTTa lol
Lmao so you've been attacked by people that don't even main Cage and they try to tell you how he is? That's pretty funny lol. Me and you gotta run some sets man, we always get good games! :)

Lmao so you've been attacked by people that don't even main Cage and they try to tell you how he is? That's pretty funny lol. Me and you gotta run some sets man, we always get good games! :)
Seriously man. Some dude on another forum was challenging my opinion on Cage, then admitted he didn't play him at high level. Lmao I just didn't understand it. "Hey, so what if I don't play Cage fully, I'm still going to call you wrong about your views on him" hahahaha how dare he.

kelevra

Steel cable bungee jumper
... I'm So sorry to Intrude on this thread. I don't use TYM at all anymore but once I saw this thread I had to say something. The frame data you put up there in the title thread, is completely wrong. Go to practice and try all of that out again....
There is no possible way that f3 Skrc is plus 17. If I was plus 17, there would be no possible way for any opponent on the face of that character roster would be able to EX out after it... That is one thing you are wrong about out of the many..... I main Johnny and know him like the back of my hand and play many great players that have helped me test out the plus cancels such as EVB_BigD, Noobe and Gross.... Please guys.... Test the frame data for yourself if you do not truly know... Take care everyone... @GGA Dizzy @Conflict_90
If you leave a gap after f3 then you're doing something terribly wrong. f3skrc jails into f2 with relative ease so its probably you just doing your cancels delayed. Im playing johnny since release myself and im pretty sure dizzys framedata is acurate.

EVB_VenDeTTa

If you leave a gap after f3 then you're doing something terribly wrong. f3skrc jails into f2 with relative ease so its probably you just doing your cancels delayed. Im playing johnny since release myself and im pretty sure dizzys framedata is acurate.
You do you buddy.... Try it in the practice room. See for yourself. Try it in the practice room against Sub Icy slide block reversal and then come back to me and say the same thing. I'll be right here. I'm talking about on block btw....

kelevra

Steel cable bungee jumper
You do you buddy.... Try it in the practice room. See for yourself. Try it in the practice room against Sub Icy slide block reversal and then come back to me and say the same thing. I'll be right here. I'm talking about on block btw....
Pretty funny that you think it cant be done but claim to know a-list in and out.
If i find some time on the weekend im gonna record a little clip for you.

EVB_VenDeTTa

Okay guys lets make sure we are on the same page... We are talking about A list Johnny and how plus he is on block correct?