• Totally!

• No, it's fake!

• Doubtful...

• I don't care.

Results are only viewable after voting.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
hey fans its mei merrier bck with sum relevnt news unlike my career #selfshade
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/572940464849989632 as we can see here we have some guy i think he made the series or sumthing was trolling that was li mei but in tweet number 2, which by the way i the name of my new album but it on itunes for 5 dollars anyways second tweet here https://twitter.com/noobde/status/472034583374860289 li mei was deconfirmed b4 we even got a spoil of the new mk game lmao rip li mei fans if u want u can listen to my only hit song all i want for xmas is u and save ur tears
Your new album is named "number 2"?

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Anyone else bored by the lack of information?
I'm not saying they should release everything, it's their product, but this is extremely boring for me and it's killing the hype.

I'd rather speculate about matchups and try to imagine how to use a char versus another, than speculate about who wears the pair of underwear tweeted by Boon.

Bbbbbbbbbooooooooooooooooooooriiiiiiiiiiiiiing.... yaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Anyone else bored by the lack of information?
I'm not saying they should release everything, it's their product, but this is extremely boring for me and it's killing the hype.

I'd rather speculate about matchups and try to imagine how to use a char versus another, than speculate about who wears the pair of underwear tweeted by Boon.

Bbbbbbbbbooooooooooooooooooooriiiiiiiiiiiiiing.... yaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn
ADHD much?... There was just a week of crazy hype and leaks and such and before that story and like a half dozen reveals... Its a month til it's out there is a stream coming next Thursday most likely... There was a press event that has a nda on it for the moment.. They will go gold in the next week or two and then it will be the big final push... Settle your tea kettle...

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
That method forces an idea not stated. Why say 5 as a specific number if not to indicate 5? Why not "At least 5"? Or "About 5"?

There would be absolutely no reason to force the idea that there was more than 5 playable characters shown if not for there being 6 "leaked" as playable on release.

And there seems to be a lot of people that are following your train of through by saying the list is accurate at 6 characters form the trailer when there is more evidence to show it's not as opposed to it being accurate.

Again, if there was 6, why say 5 and not 6? It makes absolutely no sense. And while Boon as been known to troll, when announcing information, he's not one to give out false information. "5 reveals" is 5. Not 6, and not 4.

This is why I say that it is a lack of thought. Because inventing a theory out of nothing is still a lack of actual thought to what was said.
Yours also forces an idea not stated. Ed never said only 5, he said there are 5. Doesn't mean there's not more, obviously.

Because Ed Boon is a huge troll. He could easily end up saying "I didn't say there were only 5 ;)", it's not hard to work out. Unless he explicitly states that there are only 5 reveals in it then there's actually the same amount of evidence to suggest there is only 5 as there is evidence to suggest there could be more than 5. Don't "It makes absolutely no sense" me when you know for a fact Ed Boon is known to troll on Twitter. You're just refusing to think about it, either that or you're just being ignorant so it makes your argument look better.

It's not out of nothing though, Ed Boon did not say there were only 5.
Ok, I guess they did show story mode, but he still only confirmed Johhny is playable in story mode (maybe only via QTE) but as far as TYM is concerned, if he's not in VS mode, he's not playable. Same with Kenshi.
Then why would they give Johnny brutalities? As far as you're concerned if he's not yet confirmed in VS mode he's not playable, but if he also as brutalities he must have a moveset and they're not going to waste resources on creating moves for a character just for story mode.

Saint Op Omen

Yours also forces an idea not stated. Ed never said only 5, he said there are 5. Doesn't mean there's not more, obviously.

Because Ed Boon is a huge troll. He could easily end up saying "I didn't say there were only 5 ;)", it's not hard to work out. Unless he explicitly states that there are only 5 reveals in it then there's actually the same amount of evidence to suggest there is only 5 as there is evidence to suggest there could be more than 5. Don't "It makes absolutely no sense" me when you know for a fact Ed Boon is known to troll on Twitter. You're just refusing to think about it, either that or you're just being ignorant so it makes your argument look better.

It's not out of nothing though, Ed Boon did not say there were only 5.

Then why would they give Johnny brutalities? As far as you're concerned if he's not yet confirmed in VS mode he's not playable, but if he also as brutalities he must have a moveset and they're not going to waste resources on creating moves for a character just for story mode.
1. The were only 5 though... The 3 special forces kids.. Mileena and Shinnok... Nobody else was revealed... Given a name and shown in a revealing way for more then a second here and there... This is quite simple reasoning...
2. JC is in the game is playable and has been shown as such to several people who are currently under nda... When has NRS ever made someone story mode only... Yes I know I am just agreeing with you basically..

Youphemism

1. The were only 5 though... The 3 special forces kids.. Mileena and Shinnok... Nobody else was revealed... Given a name and shown in a revealing way for more then a second here and there... This is quite simple reasoning...
2. JC is in the game is playable and has been shown as such to several people who are currently under nda... When has NRS ever made someone story mode only... Yes I know I am just agreeing with you basically..
1. That hasn't been confirmed. Do you have official word from NRS that there were only 5? If not then you can't say there were only 5 for sure. I'm not saying that it wasn't only 5 but Ed didn't say just 5, that's why I'm still open to the possibility that there could've been more. Also Erron Black would be in over Shinnok if anything, so that also proves my point since there's debate over who is actually in because there's no confirmations lol. Except Jacqui, Kung Jin and Takeda though I suppose since we actually saw gameplay of them.
2. Yeah you're just agreeing with what I'm saying lol.

Saint Op Omen

1. That hasn't been confirmed. Do you have official word from NRS that there were only 5? If not then you can't say there were only 5 for sure. I'm not saying that it wasn't only 5 but Ed didn't say just 5, that's why I'm still open to the possibility that there could've been more. Also Erron Black would be in over Shinnok if anything, so that also proves my point since there's debate over who is actually in because there's no confirmations lol. Except Jacqui, Kung Jin and Takeda though I suppose since we actually saw gameplay of them.
2. Yeah you're just agreeing with what I'm saying lol.
I think we also agree that there were more then 5 people shown for the first time in that trailer... I am simply giving you another reason why what Ed said could be right and applied to it.. Taken that way it is just the word "revealed" that comes into play and not the number... End result is the same either way...
As for the Shinnok / Erron thing I think they are both playable but the trailer shows Shinnok up close, names him and follows the amulet with him in it...where as Erron is seen in a few quick flashed and never named....

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I decided to make a fan picture of the final roster. I messed around with the colors of the character slots so everything would blend together (for the most part). I also put the character slots in the positions I think would make sense; Scorpion and Sub-Zero are on opposite sides, same goes with Quan Chi and Shinnok. Family members are under or above each other (besides Sonya, but that's because Cassie is under Johnny). DLC and Random select are in the corners.

I know it isn't perfect, there are some spots in the background or around the slots that looks kinda bad. Of course, I also had to use older renders for some of the characters. That, or create new ones for some of them... Anyway, here it is:

Shouldn't johnny be... under... sonya?

huehuehue

Don't get all your underoos in a wad... twas a joke.

Youphemism

I think we also agree that there were more then 5 people shown for the first time in that trailer... I am simply giving you another reason why what Ed said could be right and applied to it.. Taken that way it is just the word "revealed" that comes into play and not the number... End result is the same either way...
As for the Shinnok / Erron thing I think they are both playable but the trailer shows Shinnok up close, names him and follows the amulet with him in it...where as Erron is seen in a few quick flashed and never named....
Eh? The trailer shows Shinnok being sucked into the amulet, how does that mean he's playable? People will know Erron from the comics, and with all the buildup there's been around him I don't see why he wouldn't be playable. He even had a rifle in one shot but not in another suggesting he could have variations. Perosnally I want to see Shinnok but there's nothing in the story trailer that makes it look like he's playable...
Shouldn't johnny be... under... sonya?

huehuehue

Don't get all your underoos in a wad... twas a joke.
"Mission accumplished"

esc1

95% of TYM discussion: "It's fine"
Concerning #2.. MK9 Motoro :DOGE

Posed the question before, not trying to troll.. I seriously don't know. Why are people like 100% convinced that some characters in the "character reveal trailer" are absolutely playable but others aren't?

Aside from the obvious ones where gameplay footage was shown, I don't understand it. Peopple are usually all, "because comic story."

I've never been a comic book kid. How closely do games follow comic book story lines? Is there a legitimate reason to use the comics as an indication as to who's playable? why?

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
I have to be honest, for me the hype is ebbing away. I've been hyped and pumped since June but I just want the game at this stage. NRS is still trying to play their cards close to their chest after another major leak and it's just frustrating for me to have NRS acting as though there's still so much to reveal and being coy about everything. The only thing they have left to reveal is Goro and they've been cockteasing us with Goro since September. Hell, at the PS Experience in December they promised Goro gameplay 'really soon'. Again, I'm not hyped to see Goro anymore, I'm just frustrated that almost a month before release we still haven't seen a character announced in September.

I mean, we know who's in the game (LBSH) so what's the harm in confirming it properly? Not Urbano name dropping Cage but give us a quick gameplay trailer or a few pictures of him. Yeah, it's not how it was envisaged as going down and there's a marketing strategy in place, but the roster is basically leaked at this stage. Any marketing plan in place was predicated on not having your info leaked and stills of the three biggest reveals left leaked. Adjust. The only question it's the 25 we know or if Rain is in there too.

And yeah you could say that's the object of the marketing, to get me impatient to play the game but NRS could re-release MKA for no reason and I'd still buy it. And if the object of the marketing and playing coy is to hype it to the casuals, well then the leaks have royally sodomised that.

I dunno, I guess I'm just tired of 9 months of this waiting

So, it's true, people are really complaining everytime. Impressive.

Not Urbano name dropping Cage but give us a quick gameplay trailer or a few pictures of him.
Maybe because it was a leaked interview, and not an actual reveal or something?

Last edited: