What's new

*Rumor* New Leak From “NRS Employee”

MKfanatic98

Primordal
Im going to take this with a grain of salt.

But if this does turn out to be true........
I don't want another guest character. 4 is enough.
I fully respect that they are giving fighters a break. Im interested in what their next IP will be. I hope they keep supporting mk11 even after their next title.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
A female guest character is interesting.

Doubt its another DC character and what action heroines they would let do fatalities on?

The first one that comes to mind is Red Sonja but modern NRS are cowards and need to wrap up their female characters from head to toe.

Unfortunate bystander, huh? My Ermac hope intensifies :-P

As usual, nothing here that makes me believe it. The fact that they provided something to a mod lends a little credibility, but unless we know what it is, it's pretty hard to know whether to take it seriously. If this is how it turned out though (female guest, none of the rumored other guests, 3 other MK characters that I'm naively hoping includes Ermac) I'd be happy.

Raider

Noob
A female guest character is interesting.

Doubt its another DC character and what action heroines they would let do fatalities on?

The first one that comes to mind is Red Sonja but modern NRS are cowards and need to wrap up their female characters from head to toe.
Lara Croft.

what do they mean unfortunate bystander? honestly putting john wick, michael meyers, or deathstroke in mk would be stupid. john and deathstroke inj3 sure. michael meyers? just no. jason was good enough.
I'm not saying they are wrong. But if it isn't officially confirmed, it could just as well be nothing more than bullshit. So I'm just not going to trust any of them.
no one's gonna officially confirm leaks especially if those links have damning validity

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
We do know that KP3 is 100% happening because of the data mine.

A female guest character makes sense because one: it has not been done before, and two: MK lacks female characters. It also doesn't help that DLC is decided on characters who not only have never been dlc before, but were not part of the base roster in the previous game. So the "discussion" of Mileena possibly being added has a lot of validity to it.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
The fact that people are still begging to not have guest characters is astounding. There will NEVER be another Fighter Pack of any kind that doesn't include a guest character. The only question you'd need to consider when it comes to guests is "how many will there be?"

Again, this leak seems fairly reasonable as far as what it's claiming. It doesn't really give away much.

I don't understand what the fuck this is supposed to mean, though - "Three male Mortal Kombat characters and one female guest character, with one of the MK characters being an unfortunate bystander." What? I don't understand this at all. Are they trying to say they're adding Cyrax as DLC but not Sektor or something?

Also.....enjoy another gun-toting guest character....

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
We do know that KP3 is 100% happening because of the data mine.

A female guest character makes sense because one: it has not been done before, and two: MK lacks female characters. It also doesn't help that DLC is decided on characters who not only have never been dlc before, but were not part of the base roster in the previous game. So the "discussion" of Mileena possibly being added has a lot of validity to it.
Can you explain something to me? Everyone keeps talking about Kombat pack 3...well, what about 2? Are the Aftermath characters Kombat pack 2, or is there a Kombat pack 2 on the way?

I don’t recall NRS referring to The Aftermath trio as Kombat pack 2 at any point.

Raider

Noob
Can you explain something to me? Everyone keeps talking about Kombat pack 3...well, what about 2? Are the Aftermath characters Kombat pack 2, or is there a Kombat pack 2 on the way?

I don’t recall NRS referring to The Aftermath trio as Kombat pack 2 at any point.
"KombatPack3" was datamined in the files on PC when Aftermath was released. So it looks like internally Aftermath is KP2. And KP3 is coming next.