What's new

Rumor: Mortal Kombat Kollection Online (Klassic MK!) for PS4/Xbox One/Switch/PC

Borics

Banned
you DO realize you can just play the normal versions of MK1-3 on MAME just fine right? just because of mods existing, that doesn't invalidate the existence of the normal unaltered versions. (And FYI, I'd absolutely welcome an official release from NRS - but that isn't what I'm focusing on this post.)
Seriously, what's the problem with people MERELY making MK1-3 mods? this is not the first time I've seen someone bitch about people modding MK1-3 (what's worse is that this isn't even specifically about bad mods which at least I can understand to an extent, but just the ACT of making mods for the games). It's nice to see new content being made (in some shape or form) for those games (like MK2+ with playable bosses and fucking hornbuckle as an excellent example)
And if you don't like it, ya don't play it, ya know?
“You DO realize you can just play the normal versions of MK1-3 on MAME just fine right?”

I DO realize that but you must realize that there’s less than 10 active players who compete on MAME and that’s being generous.

Who wants to sit around and arrange matches or sit around for hours until someone joins? MAME isn’t accessible to the casual gamer, people wanna turn their console on, get online and join a lobby. Also, it may seem easy to us but a lot of people have issues just setting MAME up from the get-go and now they have to figure out which exact ROM to get that less than 10 people play actively?

There’s nothing wrong with making fake home-brewed versions of MK. If u wanna sit around during your free time and tinker around with palette swaps and personalized Easter Eggs then be my guest but these should never be considered the standard for what we’re playing in the moment.

I believe there’s a fake home-brewed version of MK3 that’s become the standard for competitive play offline and this really blows my mind. I can’t imagine Justin Wong waddling into a Major with a laptop and fake home-brewed version of SFV making everyone compete in it just because he’s the one who hacked it but because this klassic MK scene has become so irrelevant, this kind of non-sense has gone unchecked and celebrated at moments.

I’ve seen this scene do some of the most obscene things at tournaments like wiring Dreamcast controllers into an Arcade Cabinet or w/e they used years ago and then made people compete on that platform. This is mind-boggling and you can call me a purist all you want but this is why this scene desperately needs reliable TO’s who aren’t out chasing a pipe-dream just so they can say they won a 10 man tournament in a game no one plays anymore.

Reactions: ded
The revived excitement for this project stemmed from PEGI listing it. It has been removed. I would drop all excitement for the time being.

Going by the events with Blind Squirrel, they had the remakes that Ed Boon supposedly loved and that got them a meeting with suits. The suits came away from that meeting unwilling to trust a development team with no major titles under their belt (at the time).

here’s some stuff from an article about it: https://www.dsogaming.com/news/blind-squirrel-was-indeed-working-on-mortal-kombat-remaster-but-it-was-cancelled-first-screenshots/

“At the end of August we were once again in front of Ed Boon, this time presenting a playable version of Mortal Kombat Returns. Ed loved it and not soon after he advocated to WB executives that they should talk to us about partnering to release the game.”

After several pitches later to the highest level of WB’s production, finance and sales teams, the team received a call saying, “Your project is heading toward a green light.”

“After about a week another phone call, “Sorry we’ve decided to go in a different direction and we won’t be needing your group. We can’t trust development of such an important project to a team without any completed game titles.” This occurred around mid January 2018.”

Going by recent changes in the gaming industry, what do you think the hangup was that the suits had, after Ed Boon was thoroughly impressed?

It had to be monetization. Don’t see what else. Sure, you could release a collection and that’s fine for hardcore MK players. You don’t make money catering to hardcore players. You make money placating the hardcore players while giving bums and other people things to chase with their (parents) hard earned money.

Not only that but if you give people this Klassic option, they’ll bail from the new game and stop feeding the rapacious microtransaction machine that is MK11, cutting into the bottom line even more. Why would a company in today’s gaming industry compete with itself like that when almost every AAA company is willing to sell $60 freemium crap as full game?

THE ONE CHANCE WE HAVE?

“Danny Huynh, Concept Artist and UI Artist at Blind Squirrel Games, has shared the first screenshots from this remaster. Huynh confirmsthat this project is cancelled and that his primary role on the project was to “set the quality bar for the UI and FX while maintaining the look of the trilogy of the series.”

“Mortal Kombat Remastered, known back then as Mortal Kombat Kollection Online, would also feature a new mode, called the Krypt mode. According to Huynh, this game mode was meant to introduce a new way to play the original trilogy, and he was task to create a look of how players would interact and move throughout the game mode.”

Ok. Who wants to bet this Krypt mode is even worse and more convoluted than the MKX one? It seems to me that is the only way of monetizing the game in a way that would make NRS’ corporate overlords agree to release.

I just hope it comes out. I don’t care. Not a fan of MK11, mostly because THEY SCREWED ME OUT OF MY MAIN.... ahem... Anyways, has anyone tried the unfinished versions Blind Squirrel released? They’re linked in this article: https://www.dsogaming.com/news/you-can-now-download-and-play-the-prototype-versions-of-the-hd-fan-remake-of-mortal-kombat/

Only one link still works

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
“You DO realize you can just play the normal versions of MK1-3 on MAME just fine right?”

I DO realize that but you must realize that there’s less than 10 active players who compete on MAME and that’s being generous.

Who wants to sit around and arrange matches or sit around for hours until someone joins? MAME isn’t accessible to the casual gamer, people wanna turn their console on, get online and join a lobby. Also, it may seem easy to us but a lot of people have issues just setting MAME up from the get-go and now they have to figure out which exact ROM to get that less than 10 people play actively?

There’s nothing wrong with making fake home-brewed versions of MK. If u wanna sit around during your free time and tinker around with palette swaps and personalized Easter Eggs then be my guest but these should never be considered the standard for what we’re playing in the moment.

I believe there’s a fake home-brewed version of MK3 that’s become the standard for competitive play offline and this really blows my mind. I can’t imagine Justin Wong waddling into a Major with a laptop and fake home-brewed version of SFV making everyone compete in it just because he’s the one who hacked it but because this klassic MK scene has become so irrelevant, this kind of non-sense has gone unchecked and celebrated at moments.

I’ve seen this scene do some of the most obscene things at tournaments like wiring Dreamcast controllers into an Arcade Cabinet or w/e they used years ago and then made people compete on that platform. This is mind-boggling and you can call me a purist all you want but this is why this scene desperately needs reliable TO’s who aren’t out chasing a pipe-dream just so they can say they won a 10 man tournament in a game no one plays anymore.
Wait does this include zeus and juggernaut? because those were very VERY fucking light hacks that didn't even affect gameplay. Hell, what if it's a bugfix that only fixes crashes (like scorpion's 2nd fatality in UMK3 in subway as an example). is that still "fake home-brewed that should never be considered the standard"? even if it's a beneficial hack that only addresses a completely negative thing that no one wants while keeping the rest absolutely intact? (even other bugs)

This is the issue I have with your mentality (taking this post you made and the previous post). It decries the ENTIRETY of classic MK modding just because of a small competitive scene potentially picking one of those versions as the standard regardless if it's a good choice or not, just the picking of one of these versions. News flash: people may genuinely prefer those versions (I'm including even juggernaut here) over vanilla UMK3 and viceversa. If you don't like it, organize something (beyond mame lobbies, goes without saying). Sitting and whining will do nothing. People still play vanilla UMK3 in at least SA. It's still not entirely dead.

And ALSO note that even if an official good release with ggpo of these games come out, it could easily be subject to the same hacks that the mame versions do. If people wanna mod the game, they will. End of story. It's up to the players themselves to decide what version they want to play, whether competitively or not. A hypothetical GGPO MK collection could easily get hacked to play UMK3 TE and have that become the competitive standard, as an example. Again, as I've said earlier. if you don't like it, organize something.

Borics

Banned
Wait does this include zeus and juggernaut? because those were very VERY fucking light hacks that didn't even affect gameplay. Hell, what if it's a bugfix that only fixes crashes (like scorpion's 2nd fatality in UMK3 in subway as an example). is that still "fake home-brewed that should never be considered the standard"? even if it's a beneficial hack that only addresses a completely negative thing that no one wants while keeping the rest absolutely intact? (even other bugs)

This is the issue I have with your mentality (taking this post you made and the previous post). It decries the ENTIRETY of classic MK modding just because of a small competitive scene potentially picking one of those versions as the standard regardless if it's a good choice or not, just the picking of one of these versions. News flash: people may genuinely prefer those versions (I'm including even juggernaut here) over vanilla UMK3 and viceversa. If you don't like it, organize something (beyond mame lobbies, goes without saying). Sitting and whining will do nothing. People still play vanilla UMK3 in at least SA. It's still not entirely dead.

And ALSO note that even if an official good release with ggpo of these games come out, it could easily be subject to the same hacks that the mame versions do. If people wanna mod the game, they will. End of story. It's up to the players themselves to decide what version they want to play, whether competitively or not. A hypothetical GGPO MK collection could easily get hacked to play UMK3 TE and have that become the competitive standard, as an example. Again, as I've said earlier. if you don't like it, organize something.
“Newsflash: people may genuinely prefer those versions over vanilla umk3”

Newsflash: WELL NO ONE’S PLAYING THOSE VERSIONS EXCEPT THE PEOPLE WHO ARE MAKING THEIR FAKE HOME-BREWED VERSIONS OF THE GAME!!!

We literally have less than 10 active players who compete in UMK3 in America.

“It’s up to the players themselves to decide what version they want to play”

I’ll reiterate it once more, NO ONE’S ACTIVELY PLAYING THESE VERSIONS EXCEPT THE MODDERS THEMSELVES!!!

I’m not whining, this is the first time I’ve even mentioned anything about UMK3 on this site and all I said was that it would be nice for an official release.

No casual gamer wants to jump through loops to play a 30 year old game. They want to turn their console on and join a match. There’s nothing to debate, these are just facts and that’s why no one in the States actively plays these fake home-brewed versions of UMK3.

This scene in the States died 10 years ago when the people representing these games pushed fake home-brewed versions onto the American public and buried the vanilla versions by claiming they needed to be fixed.

I’m glad you brought up the SA scene because look how well their community is thriving on the official releases. No ones complaining about Scorpion’s 2nd fatality crashing the game on the Lair level either or all the other countless “bugs” the scene in the States complains about.

Leave the patching to the professionals.

Like I said, u want to waste your time modding UMK3 during your free time then be my guest but it should never be considered the standard, especially at tournaments. This should honestly be considered illegal since money is on the line.

NSR

"No casual gamer wants to jump through loops to play a 30 year old game. They want to turn their console on and join a match." and did I EVER debate against this?
EVER? Do you actually read what I post?
And also, if said ggpo version gets modded and that becomes the standard even for CASUAL play, then what? what's the excuse then? THOSE DAMN STATES PEOPLE PUSHING THEIR DAMN FAKE HOMEBREWED VERSIONS YO!

"I’ll reiterate it once more, NO ONE’S ACTIVELY PLAYING THESE VERSIONS EXCEPT THE MODDERS THEMSELVES!!! " THEN ORGANIZE SOMETHING AND STOP WHINING WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING AT ALL. If the fucking SA scene can do it WITHOUT ggpo and ONLY with MAME (no console ports), then what's stopping you from organizing something, or someone else from doing the same thing?
"I’m not whining, this is the first time I’ve even mentioned anything about UMK3 on this site and all I said was that it would be nice for an official release." You mean decry the ENTIRETY of MK modding just because players might have made the oh so grave mistake of picking a modded version as the standard?
" I can’t stress enough how marvelous this would be if it’s true because the last almost decade has been incredibly dark for the classic MK series. I’ve seen everyone and their mother release their own versions of MK2 and UMK3 and it makes me visibly sick. " Seriously. Who the fuck gets THIS upset over people modding a game? Classic MK may be the only series to get this treatment (closest to come to mind would be what Brutal Doom is to the Doom community) and it genuinely blows my mind.

"This scene in the States died 10 years ago when the people representing these games pushed fake home-brewed versions onto the American public and buried the vanilla versions by claiming they needed to be fixed. "
You talk of these modders like they are the fucking illuminati, controlling the scene from behind when it might just simply be a case of people not caring about a specific version of the game and having legitimate issues about a game. Like do you have any proof they have THIS much control over people or something? And even if they supposedly did, again, ORGANIZE AND DO SOMETHING. Find new players to meet, anything. Introduce folks to this game, idk what the fuck to say really at this point. No one's stopping you or anyone else from doing anything with UMK3. It certainly didn't stop the SA scene, and I don't think I even need to explain SA as a whole in a far worse shape economically and socially than NA is yet it still doesn't stop them from playing vanilla UMK3.
People in SA don't care about UMK3 TE but it's not the work of the SA people (the fgc illuminati bs I mentioned earlier) who buried the TE versions and forced people to play vanilla only, it's simply because they don't care about TE and made arguments against it, opting to play vanilla instead. End of story - it goes back to what I was saying "it's the players themselves who decide what they play"

Fuck's sake, going back to this bullshit phrase "This scene in the States died 10 years ago when the people representing these games pushed fake home-brewed versions onto the American public and buried the vanilla versions by claiming they needed to be fixed. " I don't recall TE even EXISTING in 2010, that was way later, in 2014. I recall Zeus and Juggernaut, but you can't be serious in telling me a fucking character select screen hack equals FAKE HOME-BREWED version that should be considered illegal to play at tournaments.
If a UMK3 hack comes out and ONLY fixes the scorpion fatality crash, does that mean it's a FAKE HOME-BREWED version that should be illegal to play at tournies? What if a possible official GGPO version of UMK3 comes out and it actually fixes this issue? is it still FAKE?
And what if they go the extra mile and address more shit than that but still keep most things intact? Oh, but IT'S OFFICIAL RELEASE DONE BY NRS so it's all good even if it changes more shit than a simple bugfix would, right? :DOGE

Borics

Banned
Leave the patching to the professionals, simple as that.

I’m also not gonna be addressing anymore of your comments relating to why Tournaments MUST use OFFICIAL releases over fake home-brewed versions of the vanilla editions after this either. I’ve been part of the FGC for 20+ years and watched this community grow from a grassroots organization to the global phenomenon its turned into today, which is eSports. So I’m not going to listen to some random guy off the internet try and argue why you can use modded games in a Tournament setting. This is the most illogical “opinion” I’ve heard in years, so I’ll give you that much and the fact you can’t comprehend why it’s not ok to use fake home-brewed versions of games in a Tournament setting has literally left me with even little hope for society because I really can’t fathom the idiocy. We’re talking about pride AND MONEY ON THE LINE!!!!!!!

A small group of people represent this scene whether or not you like to admit it. I won’t mention names but a certain “Network” of individuals destroyed the legacy of UMK3 almost a decade ago when they pushed these fake home-brew versions of the game onto the scene. They created the mentality that Arcade Kollection wasn’t Tournament worthy and developed their own version and held tournaments with their version of the game. If you cannot see the conflict of interest here, then I have nothing left to say after I see your response. This would never go down in other Fighting Game scenes, EVER but this non-sense is tolerated in MY community because our game and scene is totally irrelevant now, these are facts.

You bury a game by not supporting it and making it look bad and then creating your own version and saying it’s better because YOU hacked it and I don’t mean ‘You’ but whoever the hacker was, which was clearly a member of this community. When you have people who represent this scene like the “Network” of individuals I’m talking do and bury the game and put their fake home-brewed version on a pedestal, then that’s how you create a standard. It’s simple math you can’t comprehend, so you dismiss it as if I’m being some kind of conspiracy theorist or something, which is hilarious considering you used the term “Illuminati”. Grow up.

I don’t care what you guys play on your spare time or do with it for that matter. If you want to play some bs version of UMK3 with Princess Peach in the roster then be my guest. Just don’t create this mentality that it’s somehow the new standard and have it played in a Tournament.

I don’t care what you constitute as a proper hack either. You keep bringing up the Zeus and Juggernaut hack up like its your ace in the hole or something, who cares if only one thing is changed. YOU’RE NOT A PROFESSIONAL, YOU DON’T KNOW HOW THAT CHANGE WILL AFFECT THE REST OF THE GAME!!!! No source code and no official patching = fake home-brewed version, simple as that.

God bless.

ded

Elder God
I don’t care what you guys play on your spare time or do with it for that matter. If you want to play some bs version of UMK3 with Princess Peach in the roster then be my guest. Just don’t create this mentality that it’s somehow the new standard and have it played in a Tournament.
This!

E

Eldriken

YOU’RE NOT A PROFESSIONAL, YOU DON’T KNOW HOW THAT CHANGE WILL AFFECT THE REST OF THE GAME!!!!
By this logic, Neither does NRS. Look at how some of their changes have completely fucked up their games at times. They're also not the only developers that are guilty of this. It's not a good arguing point since it happens literally all the time.

NSR

Leave the patching to the professionals, simple as that.

I’m also not gonna be addressing anymore of your comments relating to why Tournaments MUST use OFFICIAL releases over fake home-brewed versions of the vanilla editions after this either. I’ve been part of the FGC for 20+ years and watched this community grow from a grassroots organization to the global phenomenon its turned into today, which is eSports. So I’m not going to listen to some random guy off the internet try and argue why you can use modded games in a Tournament setting. This is the most illogical “opinion” I’ve heard in years, so I’ll give you that much and the fact you can’t comprehend why it’s not ok to use fake home-brewed versions of games in a Tournament setting has literally left me with even little hope for society because I really can’t fathom the idiocy. We’re talking about pride AND MONEY ON THE LINE!!!!!!!

A small group of people represent this scene whether or not you like to admit it. I won’t mention names but a certain “Network” of individuals destroyed the legacy of UMK3 almost a decade ago when they pushed these fake home-brew versions of the game onto the scene. They created the mentality that Arcade Kollection wasn’t Tournament worthy and developed their own version and held tournaments with their version of the game. If you cannot see the conflict of interest here, then I have nothing left to say after I see your response. This would never go down in other Fighting Game scenes, EVER but this non-sense is tolerated in MY community because our game and scene is totally irrelevant now, these are facts.

You bury a game by not supporting it and making it look bad and then creating your own version and saying it’s better because YOU hacked it and I don’t mean ‘You’ but whoever the hacker was, which was clearly a member of this community. When you have people who represent this scene like the “Network” of individuals I’m talking do and bury the game and put their fake home-brewed version on a pedestal, then that’s how you create a standard. It’s simple math you can’t comprehend, so you dismiss it as if I’m being some kind of conspiracy theorist or something, which is hilarious considering you used the term “Illuminati”. Grow up.

I don’t care what you constitute as a proper hack either. You keep bringing up the Zeus and Juggernaut hack up like its your ace in the hole or something, who cares if only one thing is changed. YOU’RE NOT A PROFESSIONAL, YOU DON’T KNOW HOW THAT CHANGE WILL AFFECT THE REST OF THE GAME!!!! No source code and no official patching = fake home-brewed version, simple as that.

God bless.
"
"
I'll say it again. WHAT network? You have yet to post a single shred of evidence supporting this theory of a supposed network burying UMK3 and putting modded UMK3 on a pedestal, and yet you tell me to grow up? I find this claim hard to believe without proper evidence.

" If you want to play some bs version of UMK3 with Princess Peach in the roster then be my guest. Just don’t create this mentality that it’s somehow the new standard and have it played in a Tournament. " and what if it's the standard but vanilla umk3 is also played in a tournament as well? you know, both versions COEXISTING? is this such an impossible thing that it can never EVER happen? What if people genuinely want to play both versions? is it seriously that fucking impossible that the community picks what they want to play, and it's not a fucking conspiracy to replace a game?

"hey created the mentality that Arcade Kollection wasn’t Tournament worthy " wasn't MKAK a bit crappy last I remember? specifically, additional input delay that's not present even in MAME, and sound glitches, with MK2 being very very bad about this (subzero's freeze is a particular offender) Why would you play that when you can just emulate the real thing on MAME and have it be 10 times better? I'm not talking mods here, I'm talking the vanilla versions of each game.

"So I’m not going to listen to some random guy off the internet try and argue why you can use modded games in a Tournament setting. This is the most illogical “opinion” I’ve heard in years, so I’ll give you that much and the fact you can’t comprehend why it’s not ok to use fake home-brewed versions of games in a Tournament setting has literally left me with even little hope for society because I really can’t fathom the idiocy. We’re talking about pride AND MONEY ON THE LINE!!!!!!! "

Gee, I guess the Quake 3 CPMA mod being played in tourneys means nothing, welp, you heard it here folks, guess they are all idiots for playing Q3 at such a high level with a mod that turned out to objectively improve on the game and the community itself agreed on that while vanilla Quake 3 still saw high level play at tourneys. (inb4 NOT A FIGHTING GAME DOESN'T COUNT :DOGE , even though Quake was one of the progenitors of shooters in eSports)

Also, must it always be about the damn money in a tournament? Last I remember, all the way back in MK9, most pots weren't that fucking big. Not everyone played or plays for money, some people do because of well, winning? not necessarily to make bank off tourneys? (that being essentially a bonus) Especially if we are talking Klassic MK. I doubt that shit has MKX/11 levels of pot money.

Finally, as I've stated before, my big issue is that you decried all classic MK modding before you backtracked and said it was fine if people did those things, just not have them as the standard, while flipflopping on this last part since you suggested any type of standards initially, but especially tourneys but now you imply tourneys only... just because of a standard being created for UMK3 by a supposed network of players which you have yet to post any evidence of. fuck, what if a music mod gets accepted in casual play as the standard but not in tourney, while vanilla UMK3 still sees play in both ends? that too is unforgivable? should it be vanilla or nothing?

Hell, let's say I do a for fun gameplay mod, think rainbow edition, just for shits and giggles being the only goal. Let's say it blows up and becomes very popular, even gets played at a tourney or two every now and then as a joke game. Does that mean that it should be ILLEGAL, even though the community wanted it? Fucking SF2 Rainbow got played in a tournament (Mikado, 2013) yet you don't see anyone bitch about that as much as specific individuals bitch about classic mk mods. it seriously blows my mind to see such strong anti modding sentiment only because of a small competitive scene, even if a good deal of mods are not even aiming at said scenes, and the community itself picks up the mod and possibly makes it popular, maybe even gets played in a tourney it's bad. (and for the record, this ISN'T TE I'm talking about, I'm talking any kind of mods)

I'll say it again. You want vanilla UMK3 to be played? Organize something. DO something. Is this network of players physically restricting you or anyone else from organizing such an effort to play vanilla UMK3? or hacking your computer to prevent that from happening? or spreading slander and falsehoods? I don't see them stopping the SA scene from preferring vanilla over TE, and playing that instead.

Bitching and doing nothing will accomplish precisely that. Nothing.

Last edited:

haketh

Noob
This is literally the only scene that gets this mad about mods lmao. Things like the Juggernaut hack were a godsend since so many home releases weren’t great & that hack made it easy to run things. If this collection ever happens I’m pretty sure the scene would switch over to running this over the hacks due to ease of use & less barriers. I got no idea why this is even a heated argument.

REO

Undead
Mods can be awesome.

If it wasn't for mods, I wouldn't be playing a lot of the games I find incredibly fun to play today such as 7 Days to Die, Resident Evil series, and GTA5 through the mods people make.

Only if it's the N64 version of MKT. Why bother with PSX version if it's just Super UMK3 Turbo? It's just UMK3 with faster speed, more characters, worse resolution and the same frame data. If they use the N64 version, we get the 3v3, better frame data, etc.
PSX MKT is horrible. I wouldn't touch that game ever. N64 MKT is the best 2D Mortal Kombat game I have ever played by far. It's incredibly fun, the 3v3 is an addiction, and the speed of the game is so damn good. It's my personal favorite Mortal Kombat game ever created. I'm really hoping one day we get N64 MKT version released with GGPO. I would love to learn to become great at the game by playing and practicing with a ton of people online in a ranked system.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I thought I was the only one who liked N64 MKT. Mk 4 for it is also fun, the 64 version. Definitely fun and doesnt have the annoying load times that the psx version has.

Borics

Banned
I read like 4 sentences of what that guy said and just stopped. I’m arguing with a guy who thinks it’s ok to use fake home-brewed versions of a video game in a tournament, lol. Sounds good, Guy

Anyways, I agree with REO. MKT was by far the greatest 2D MK ever made as far as the klassics are concerned. It’s a shame an online edition hasn’t been released after all these years. It had its flaws with broken characters like Noob and Rain but I’d take that over nothing. I think ‘MKT n64 Sub-Zero’ might be one of the deadliest versions of Sub ever too and he’s so much fun to use. Also, 3v3 was the best MK mode invented. I find UMK3-MK4 to move rather fast because of the gameplay, so I love how long 3v3 extends the matches for. If MKT ever got played at tournaments, the 3v3 would have to be the standard format.

Borics

Banned
I thought I was the only one who liked N64 MKT. Mk 4 for it is also fun, the 64 version. Definitely fun and doesnt have the annoying load times that the psx version has.
I’ve been dying for a MK4 remake myself. That game would look beautiful restored in full HD and I loved that it still retained the 2D gameplay for the most part. It also has the greatest continue screen of all time in fighting game history. Boon needs to stop worrying about his hairline and give us a MK4 remake at least.

MKF30

I’ve been dying for a MK4 remake myself. That game would look beautiful restored in full HD and I loved that it still retained the 2D gameplay for the most part. It also has the greatest continue screen of all time in fighting game history. Boon needs to stop worrying about his hairline and give us a MK4 remake at least.
Yeah same. I have noticed some people label it a 3d mk but it's not even fully 3d you know? At most 2.5 d but 99%2d the side step does come in handy with projectiles and run counters. But yeah I hope if this is true they have n64 MKT and mk 4 as unlockable with netplay up to 6 people in a koth. I think 8 is too many imo and takes forever lol.

Plus mkt and mk4 like you said move faster have lightning pace gameplay compared to the recent Mk games. Haha yeah the falling in a pit. I remember seeing that for the first time in the arcades and being like omg that's so cool. That has got to be the best continue screen in any fighting game tbh.

I think ed used some good methods for his hair I remember back during the 3d era his hair was thinning a little then few years later it was alot darker more hair. Some guys dont care but I get why others do especially us single guys lol

Borics

Banned
I think ed used some good methods for his hair I remember back during the 3d era his hair was thinning a little then few years later it was alot darker more hair. Some guys dont care but I get why others do especially us single guys lol
A little? I can’t remember the exact video but it was during the 3D era where his hair was in terrible condition. I never understood the logic behind that either. Just get rid of it if it starts to look as bad as it does with some guys. There’s some men that walk around with straws on their head Guy, straws you could count on one hand too or you have some of these clowns that dab that powder on their head like it’s really fooling anyone. Just be honest with yourself and get rid of it. I don’t know what kinda black Magick Boon got himself into in the last few years but I imagine hair restoration has gone quite far if you’ve got the Shekels for it. You should see what Elon Musk looked like 15-20 years ago before he became a billionaire. He was almost as bad as Hogan and now it’s like it never happened. Unfortunately a lot more men basically walk around with patches on their head or a hairline that starts behind their ears.

Borics

Banned
By this logic, Neither does NRS. Look at how some of their changes have completely fucked up their games at times. They're also not the only developers that are guilty of this. It's not a good arguing point since it happens literally all the time.
This is a byproduct of video games today though so your point is completely irrelevant. I don’t even agree with how often games are patched, this is only because developers are trying to appease all these soy-boys who can’t handle S tier ranked characters, so now they patch a game every month. We used to call these versions and editions and they happened a few times during a game’s lifespan, not once a month but I guess Boon will do anything for those Shekels. He sold his soul 30 years ago and hasn’t looked back since.

MKF30

A little? I can’t remember the exact video but it was during the 3D era where his hair was in terrible condition. I never understood the logic behind that either. Just get rid of it if it starts to look as bad as it does with some guys. There’s some men that walk around with straws on their head Guy, straws you could count on one hand too or you have some of these clowns that dab that powder on their head like it’s really fooling anyone. Just be honest with yourself and get rid of it. I don’t know what kinda black Magick Boon got himself into in the last few years but I imagine hair restoration has gone quite far if you’ve got the Shekels for it. You should see what Elon Musk looked like 15-20 years ago before he became a billionaire. He was almost as bad as Hogan and now it’s like it never happened. Unfortunately a lot more men basically walk around with patches on their head or a hairline that starts behind their ears.
Yeah I mean it sucks for sure, the american powder thing has bad reviews lol a little eater and it drizzles down your face but theres this stuff that's called fibr I think from Europe that's water resistant, wind proof it binds to your hair but it's more of a temporary fix obviously.

Rogaine I hear works but you have to keep using it or you'll lose hair again.

Theres supplement drops you put onto the patch spots inhave no idea how credible that stuff is though.

Then theres the hair restoration implants etc where they take your own hair from the back of your head and replant them in the front or wherever you have patches. That cost alot of money though. I mean my best friend is bald he just shaves his head yet hes married to a pretty girl but problem is aside from different guys confidence issues, some guys worry about it when dating because let's face it most women are already going to judge you, some wont even look at you if you're losing hair nevermind bald lol.

Borics

Banned
Yeah I mean it sucks for sure, the american powder thing has bad reviews lol a little eater and it drizzles down your face but theres this stuff that's called fibr I think from Europe that's water resistant, wind proof it binds to your hair but it's more of a temporary fix obviously.

Rogaine I hear works but you have to keep using it or you'll lose hair again.

Theres supplement drops you put onto the patch spots inhave no idea how credible that stuff is though.

Then theres the hair restoration implants etc where they take your own hair from the back of your head and replant them in the front or wherever you have patches. That cost alot of money though. I mean my best friend is bald he just shaves his head yet hes married to a pretty girl but problem is aside from different guys confidence issues, some guys worry about it when dating because let's face it most women are already going to judge you, some wont even look at you if you're losing hair nevermind bald lol.
Interesting. I just saw someone recently who’s balding like I’ve never seen before. It’s like they have a full hairline, I mean their hairline is amazing. It’s super low and full, it literally looks like a 13 year old black boy’s hairline. In fact, I think he actually shaves a half inch into his hairline like how some of them guys with braids do because of how low and full it is but then his entire head is covered in patches of hair. It’s awful, in one picture/video he’s got a bald spot on this part of his head and in the next picture/video, it’s in a totally different spot. I guess my question is, is this someone who‘S getting hair transplants or something and they just replant the hairs overtime or is this just another variation of balding? Because I have actually never seen anything like this in my entire life. I literally had to double take because of how unnatural it looked.

MKF30

Interesting. I just saw someone recently who’s balding like I’ve never seen before. It’s like they have a full hairline, I mean their hairline is amazing. It’s super low and full, it literally looks like a 13 year old black boy’s hairline. In fact, I think he actually shaves a half inch into his hairline like how some of them guys with braids do because of how low and full it is but then his entire head is covered in patches of hair. It’s awful, in one picture/video he’s got a bald spot on this part of his head and in the next picture/video, it’s in a totally different spot. I guess my question is, is this someone who‘S getting hair transplants or something and they just replant the hairs overtime or is this just another variation of balding? Because I have actually never seen anything like this in my entire life. I literally had to double take because of how unnatural it looked.
Oh wow yeah that's weird I mean maybe hes having trouble with his roots thinning which is another thing you can still have hair growing but the hair follicles thin out over time which from a far or mid distance wont look bad but up close its noticeably different. At least theres various methods and options now as oppose to just wearing a wig which I personally would never do I'd rather have short crew cut or bald than to wear a rug lol

Even mame has all the version or most anyway, is that still running or are those servers down?

Hope this happens, the day it does I'm challenging every person on here who praises MK 11 as the best MK game and show them what a REAL MK game is. Namely UMK3. A game without gimmicks, yes. So much fun classic MK is.
they would not last a day call it trash go back to mk11