What's new

Rumor: Google releasing gaming console

E

Eldriken

That is the problem with this giant companies, they pretty much want to monopolize the system, like Amazon is doing, putting the small ones with no chances to compete against their prices and services. But Sony and Microsoft can also counterattack imo
More competition is a good thing. It'll give Sony and Microsoft a reason to step it up even more if they feel threatened by another developer's system.

Watch Google try to be the ones to really bridge the gap between consoles and PCs.

Gerchap

Noob
More competition is a good thing. It'll give Sony and Microsoft a reason to step it up even more if they feel threatened by another developer's system.

Watch Google try to be the ones to really bridge the gap between consoles and PCs.
True and hopefully they don’t increase the prices because it’ll be one more to choose from. It’ll be interesting to see how this evolve in the industry of gaming

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
slightly off topic but did anyone get into SteamOS? I never had the funds for a good build to try it out, but it's an interesting idea

I'm wondering if google will do something smiliar

C-Sword

Noob
Announced on the live stream -

• A streaming only, INSTANT Access system with controller.
  • Streams up to 4K 60fps HDR, will later add support for 8K
  • Stadia instances are 10.7 Teraflops of GPU power
  • Can click Play Now in a STADIA enabled browser and join instantly on sites like YouTube.
  • Connects using Chrome as a streaming platform across many devices.
  • Single code base enjoyed across desktop, laptop, TV, tablet, and phone.
  • Works on existing devices - Chromecast, Chrome browsers, and Chrome browsers.
  • Works with existing controllers, not just Google controller

DOOM Eternal announced

Last edited:

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Apparently, the console is going to be free. I'm glad it'll force Sony and Microsoft to innovate more, but that's kinda weird no? Does that mean we'll have to pay a monthly fee + games? Which would be way cheaper than buying the new Sony or Microsoft console. IF they do that, and it works, will Sony and Microsoft be forced to do that too?

Anytime something is free, I'm automatically on high alert.

aj1701

Noob
Apparently, the console is going to be free. I'm glad it'll force Sony and Microsoft to innovate more, but that's kinda weird no? Does that mean we'll have to pay a monthly fee + games? Which would be way cheaper than buying the new Sony or Microsoft console. IF they do that, and it works, will Sony and Microsoft be forced to do that too?

Anytime something is free, I'm automatically on high alert.
If its Google and "free," yes you'll pay a subscription, that cloud isn't cheap. And i'm sure they'll be collecting all kinds of data about you to sell. You'll be paying so they can maintain the hardware and stuff on their end which will actually run the game for sure. We'll see if they charge a flat rate for any game or if you'll have to rent/buy the games as well.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Unless they have games they will fail miserably like the last 50 attempts to breach into this market. Microsoft might have had to bow out themselves if it wasn't for Halo blowing up the way it did.