Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Leave it as is.. ITS FINE!

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
No rules in MKD = Unbreakable infinites and people standing at the playstation unplugging and plugging back in their controllers to move before the round. LOL!

Also BRC f+3 from full screen to free throw to Sumo plant to sidestep throw = unbreakabke death = bullshit

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Check, those two years never went to waste. No one is really throwing all that away...we're coming up with a ruleset everyone participating can agree on. As always, you're free to put any input on the rules.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Check, those two years never went to waste. No one is really throwing all that away...we're coming up with a ruleset everyone participating can agree on. As always, you're free to put any input on the rules.
I don't know why we are changing/adding rules in the first place. Its just MKA.

I don't want to remember or learn anything new about this game. I'll play how I used to play it a long time ago with you guys. If I get DQ'd for AC's, then so be it.

THTB

Bone, in truth, nothing is set in stone right now...there's still time to discuss everything. For all we could know, these rules could simply go back to what they were used to, which is literally only 2 rules being changed.

EDIT: Either way, I'll play MKA. If we keep the new rules, great. If we go with the old, great as well. I JUST WANT TO FUCKING PLAY IT IN TOURNAMENT! XD

can someone please post the rules check came up with in this thread? seems like every other set of rules are here so can we get checks posted.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Who the fuck cares? Just play the damn game... lol

----------

Tom, that sig is godlike son!

** FINAL MKA RULES LIST**
MKA Rules are as followed ~

1 ~ M.O.B., Goro, Kintaro and KAK are banned (Moloch, Onaga, Blaze)
2 ~ no Death traps (i will turn these off)
3 ~ 1 free throw per combo
4 ~ 1 otg per combo
5 ~ 1 free throw and one OTG can be used in the same combo
6 ~ air combos are limited to this --> popup, ac, popup, ac, combo.
7 ~ **all infinities are banned **

these were the rules that were used at NEC so lets keep it the same for WB.

TWZTID

Noob
Please, no posts like that here. We don't want this thread to turn into an all-out flame war.

-
THTB

I lost my respect for check.

Seriously, who refuses to go to a tourny cuz of rules?

Waiting for edit
Sent from my M860 using Tapatalk

DanCock

Cock Master!!
discussion will continue at WB.... for whatever reason this topic is starting to get heated LOL

god i love you guys and MK..

have an open mind and smile boys and girls...

since it my thread i have decided to close it....

DanCock

Cock Master!!
reopened thread..

these are the following rules for the tourney on saturday

1 ~ M.O.B., Goro, Kintaro and KAK are banned (Moloch, Onaga, Blaze)
2 ~ no Death traps (i will turn these off)
4 ~ 1 otg per combo

now on friday night i would like to discuss this further and see if we all agree to get rid of some rules...

1 ~ have an open mind
2 ~ dont take it personal
3 ~ lets be smart and civil and discuss this in an adult manner.

REO

Undead
reopened thread..

these are the following rules for the tourney on saturday

1 ~ M.O.B., Goro, Kintaro and KAK are banned (Moloch, Onaga, Blaze)2 ~ no Death traps (i will turn these off)
4 ~ 1 otg per combo

now on friday night i would like to discuss this further and see if we all agree to get rid of some rules...

1 ~ have an open mind
2 ~ dont take it personal
3 ~ lets be smart and civil and discuss this in an adult manner.
I agree with most of these rules except for the three I highlighted and let me explain why:

1. I don't agree with Goro and Kintaro being banned, even with their boss properties they still can be beaten.

6. This is just... I don't know how to put it other than calling it stupid and unnecessary. Why does it have to be two in total air cancels per set instead of just one? Why can they get a free pop-up after doing an air cancel? Too many loopholes.

7. Wall infinites like Meat and Shinnok have should be allowed because they're situational and require your opponent to be caught against the wall. Quan Chi weapon steal infinite should be allowed because it's your fault for causing it and it can be entirely avoided through your decision.

I agree with most of these rules except for the three I highlighted and let me explain why:

1. I don't agree with Goro and Kintaro being banned, even with their boss properties they still can be beaten.
6. This is just... I don't know how to put it other than calling it stupid and unnecessary. Why does it have to be two in total air cancels per set instead of just one? Why can they get a free pop-up after doing an air cancel? Too many loopholes.
7. Wall infinites like Meat and Shinnok have should be allowed because they're situational and require your opponent to be caught against the wall. Quan Chi weapon steal infinite should be allowed because it's your fault for causing it and it can be entirely avoided through your decision.
i complete agree in what i highlighted in red i have not comments on rule number 7 because i really do not remember how this wall infinites really work but i can not take shinnok out of mind when it comes to wall infinites can anyone tell me what is his wall infinite ?

REO

Undead
i complete agree in what i highlighted in red i have not comments on rule number 7 because i really do not remember how this wall infinites really work but i can not take shinnok out of mind when it comes to wall infinites can anyone tell me what is his wall infinite ?
Meat wall infinite is land 1 while they're against the wall and repeat it. Shinnok's wall infinite is grab someone against the wall then catch them with his projectile while they're falling down, grab them again and repeat it.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Meat wall infinite is land 1 while they're against the wall and repeat it. Shinnok's wall infinite is grab someone against the wall then catch them with his projectile while they're falling down, grab them again and repeat it.

No dude, that would just be totally lame and any idiot could pull it off w/ no effort at all.
I agree w/ Dan's recent post of rules, but there should only be ONE legal infinite, and that is any infinite given to a character through Quan Chi's Weapon Steal or Sub-Zero's Impale-glitch, since it is entirely circumstantial and 110% preventable.

I also think A/Cs should be limited to ONE per combo. Why allow 2 A/Cs per combo if you can only use one FT and OTG per combo? That makes no sense and is a double-standard. So it should be: launcher > A/C > combo-finisher

DanCock

Cock Master!!
honestly i dont see having 2 a/cs as a problem, it only adds about 5-7% more damage. the combo people love it and its been a standard for ever just my 2 cents.. A/C on line dished out more damage.

REO

Undead
No dude, that would just be totally lame and any idiot could pull it off w/ no effort at all.
I agree w/ Dan's recent post of rules, but there should only be ONE legal infinite, and that is any infinite given to a character through Quan Chi's Weapon Steal or Sub-Zero's Impale-glitch, since it is entirely circumstantial and 110% preventable.
I will agree that the execution on pulling off Meat and Shinnok's wall infinite is very easy. But there's a major difference that seperates it from all the other infinites, it's situational and you must catch someone while their back is against the wall. It will be hard to catch a good player in this infinite who spaces well and avoids walls, and it is further determined by the length of the stage on how hard it will be to pin someone. So as you said with the Quan Chi infinnite "it is entirely circumstantial and 110% preventable", the same applies to these two wall infinites, does it not?

I will agree that the execution on pulling off Meat and Shinnok's wall infinite is very easy. But there's a major difference that seperates it from all the other infinites, it's situational and you must catch someone while their back is against the wall. It will be hard to catch a good player in this infinite who spaces well and avoids walls, and it is further determined by the length of the stage on how hard it will be to pin someone. So as you said with the Quan Chi infinnite "it is entirely circumstantial and 110% preventable", the same applies to these two wall infinites, does it not?
for shinnok it will not be as hard to get someone in the wall if you think about it. . . as for meat i agree it will be very hard for him to pull someone to the wall i really do not have a problem with meat wall infinited but shinnok can be a big problem because he can push you to the wall with unbreakble combos.

THTB

Shinnok can push to the wall, but generally, it's using risky stuff. Setting up Shinnok's wall inf is high risk/high reward.

REO

Undead
for shinnok it will not be as hard to get someone in the wall if you think about it. . . as for meat i agree it will be very hard for him to pull someone to the wall i really do not have a problem with meat wall infinited but shinnok can be a big problem because he can push you to the wall with unbreakble combos.
That's true, but the methods he has in doing so are risky as THTB stated. Shinnok can B1, weapon U1, weapon 4,4,1, all into projectile to push them towards the wall. These are all pretty unsafe moves he has to be careful on throwing out, and if your opponent is doing a good job on positioning and spacing it will be even harder to get them pinned. I think Shinnok will move up to high tier with the wall infinite, but he will still lose to the top tiers, so I see no reason on why it should be banned.

im not a big fan of unwritten rules in any game. lets just talk this out at WB. there we can play several matches under w/e conditions then get everyones opinions when its based on testing not on "what ifs"...

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
im not a big fan of unwritten rules in any game. lets just talk this out at WB. there we can play several matches under w/e conditions then get everyones opinions when its based on testing not on "what ifs"...
How about, "who cares" lol jk

Regardless, I'm gonna be spamming knives all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.