What's new

Robin Match Up Discussion

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Most of his matchups didn't change too much. Fate went from a 6-4 to a 5-5 or 4-6 Fate. I don't think he loses to Supes anymore which is good. Batman still sucks.
Wait what? Fate got buffs , we lost the ability to reversal punish his wake up also. I'd say it's worst now

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Wait what? Fate got buffs , we lost the ability to reversal punish his wake up also. I'd say it's worst now
Yea thats what I said. Fate used to be hopeless upclose vs Robin unless he was traited up. Now I don't think it's impossible but probably 6-4 Fate.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
My intial impressions.

Loses to:
Fate
Batman
Red Hood
Green Arrow
Wonder Woman
Superman

May lose to:
Ivy
Captain Cold
Deadshot

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
A lot of Robin players have agreed on characters like Harley, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Deadshot being some of his worse MU's.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
I would like to know why Superman isn't seen as a bad MU. Those lasers are great at controlling space.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
I would like to know why Superman isn't seen as a bad MU. Those lasers are great at controlling space.
His lasers aren't too much of a problem. Blocking air lasers gives a free birdarang. If the the superman decides to stay grounded and shoot them you can duck straight lasers and jump grounded ones on reaction. Once you're in range of trait you are golden. Robin can d1/d12 him on wakeup and there is nothing supes can do about it besides block. He struggles full screen but it's not like Robin vs Batman.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
How does everyone deal with the Supergirl matchup? I find it hard to win in footsies with her B12 and her D1 range makes it hard for me to stop her from pressing buttons in negative frames, along with the fact that her lasers are decent enough to at least be a threat fullscreen.

How does everyone deal with the Supergirl matchup? I find it hard to win in footsies with her B12 and her D1 range makes it hard for me to stop her from pressing buttons in negative frames, along with the fact that her lasers are decent enough to at least be a threat fullscreen.
Just pick supergirl, she has no losing match ups

Hankiro

Noob

Hopefully this will be helpful for anyone struggling with the Wonder Woman matchup. It's gonna suck regardless but maybe this will open your eyes to a few options

GJX7

Your Mediocrity Is Killing Me
I played Robin at launch with his broken hit boxes, but now that he actually works I'm gonna play him online. Has much changed matchup wise from launch?

Hankiro

Noob
I played Robin at launch with his broken hit boxes, but now that he actually works I'm gonna play him online. Has much changed matchup wise from launch?
A few top tiers being nerfed have made him better by default, he's probably top 10 right now, but numbers are irrelevant. He's a good character

Cursa

A few top tiers being nerfed have made him better by default, he's probably top 10 right now, but numbers are irrelevant. He's a good character
Not sure if I'd put him in top 10 but I can see why some would.

GJX7

This is my current numbers, please correct me where I'm wrong:
4 - 6
Batman, Brainiac, Catwoman, Doctor Fate, Firestorm, Green Arrow, Red Hood

5 - 5
Aquaman, Atom, Atrocitus, Black Adam,
Black Manta, Blue Beetle, Captain Cold, Cyborg, Darkseid, Deadshot, Green Lantern, Harley Quinn, Hellboy, Joker, Poison Ivy, Robin, Scarecrow, Starfire, Supergirl, Superman, Swamp Thing, Wonder Woman

6 - 4
Bane, Black Canary, Cheetah, The Flash,
Gorilla Grodd, Raiden, Sub-zero

Cursa

4 - 6

5 - 5
Black Manta, Blue Beetle, Captain Cold, Cyborg, Darkseid, Deadshot, Green Lantern, Harley Quinn, Hellboy, Joker, Poison Ivy, Robin, Scarecrow, Starfire, Supergirl, Superman, Swamp Thing, Wonder Woman

6 - 4
Mostly accurate, Matchup numbers are usually pretty irrelevant and debatable for most characters due to how balanced everyone is.

I'd say wonder woman and supergirl are both probably in the 4-6 category myself though, but they're more personal matchups.

Hankiro

Noob
4 - 6

5 - 5

6 - 4
Flash is 5-5, Wonder Woman and Fate (most would say) is 7-3, maybe a HARD 6-4, Add Braniac to the winning matchups.

GJX7

To reword this:
4-6 // Fate, WoWo

5-5 // Flash

6-4 // Braniac
How does he beat brainiac?? Brainiac can just play super lame and sit back spamming trait and using his super long range normals to keep you at bay. Also, is there a Robin discord?

Hankiro

Noob
How does he beat brainiac?? Brainiac can just play super lame and sit back spamming trait and using his super long range normals to keep you at bay. Also, is there a Robin discord?
Yeah, I'll get you an invite link later, but he can't sit back and spam trait, you can throw a bird with almost no contest, and in the corner you treat him the same as Wowo. When he cancels into trait 90% of the time you can dp and catch him. If not a far f3 works. Wow and Fate are Robin's worst matchups free

GJX7

Yeah, I'll get you an invite link later, but he can't sit back and spam trait, you can throw a bird with almost no contest, and in the corner you treat him the same as Wowo. When he cancels into trait 90% of the time you can dp and catch him. If not a far f3 works. Wow and Fate are Robin's worst matchups free
Honestly I forgot he had a projectile aha, I play Crow and brainiac is kinda rough

GJX7

Can some one link me to the discord please?

What're the thoughts on Catwoman? I think Robin actually does okay and this may be even. He out footsies her; his 6f D1 is good at contesting with her stagger pressure, DP is actually a some what decent anti-air against J2... I don't have the most exp in this MU but I think it's 5 - 5

Chimbz

I named my dick Grayson
Can some one link me to the discord please?

What're the thoughts on Catwoman? I think Robin actually does okay and this may be even. He out footsies her; his 6f D1 is good at contesting with her stagger pressure, DP is actually a some what decent anti-air against J2... I don't have the most exp in this MU but I think it's 5 - 5
I'm not sure if you know this, but if CW does a far ji2, you can actually backdash and punish with DP if she does any string. She can obviously bait it if she's ready but you'll for sure catch then of guard and force them to really think their game.