What's new

Guide - Royal Storm RM KhaoTik's Royal Storm Kitana Guide to Surviving in MKX

Great guide. I look at frame data often but I didn't really understand most of it. Good read and made me think of some areas I need work on.

Dang Kitana got that SonicFox special touch of death now. Once Sonic touches it, people all start to flock towards it, not even playing the character correctly anymore. But other than that, this guide is well needed. I wished more people would pay attention to the underutilized Mournful :(.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
In MK9 her uppercut is slow but the recovery is pretty good though. It's easy to do swagger uppercut Kitana combo, even mid screen (lift, dash under lift then reversed uppercut, 2 fan, 4 cutter).
However I felt Kitana's D2 in MKX is not really useful. It's much easier and more damaging to anti air with 1, jump 2, or d1. The only time I use d2 is when doing mourful corner combo (d2 to hit them out, d1 staff to grab them back. It looks fantastic)

Well, there IS her air glaive in Mournful - that's OH, and the EX version can be used as a combo starter...

But yeah, the lack of OHs is Kitana's most obvious weakness lol. I don't really mind b2 not being very rewarding on hit - it's the fact that it's blockable on reaction that kills me.