What's new

Guide - Royal Storm RM KhaoTik's Royal Storm Kitana Guide to Surviving in MKX

6ixty9

Noob
Nice guide... VERY VERY helpful!!

One question - you mention frame traps and throws as options after the certain strings. The throws i understand and i have a general understanding of the frame data.. Was just wondering on what frame traps you use exactly?

For example, when i vs my Lao friend - he knows that Kitana basically has no overhead so if im applying ground pressure he just crouch blocks and waits for an opportunity to punish. Naturally i incorporate throws into my pressure to keep things mixed up - however some frame traps would be nice addition that im obviously not using. So how do you normally use them correctly?

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Nice guide... VERY VERY helpful!!

One question - you mention frame traps and throws as options after the certain strings. The throws i understand and i have a general understanding of the frame data.. Was just wondering on what frame traps you use exactly?

For example, when i vs my Lao friend - he knows that Kitana basically has no overhead so if im applying ground pressure he just crouch blocks and waits for an opportunity to punish. Naturally i incorporate throws into my pressure to keep things mixed up - however some frame traps would be nice addition that im obviously not using. So how do you normally use them correctly?
21 is the main frame trap you wanna use, since it's +2 on block. After that, b14 is a very good optiom, since it becomes an 8f mid thats safe and hit confirmable into big damage. Once you get them to respect that, you can start using grabs to mix them up, or even continue pressure with other strings.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
I......................................... LOVE.......................................YOU.............................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6ixty9

Noob
21 is the main frame trap you wanna use, since it's +2 on block. After that, b14 is a very good optiom, since it becomes an 8f mid thats safe and hit confirmable into big damage. Once you get them to respect that, you can start using grabs to mix them up, or even continue pressure with other strings.
Ok cool thanks, ill try that... i dont think i use 21 enough in the neutral game to have released its good as a frame trap. Using it more in itself will be a mixup for me :)

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I've been waiting for this.

I'm officially interested in playing Kitana. I have been since day 1, but like in mk9, it took me a while to come to here. Venemous Dvorah just isn't cutting it as my secondary. Anyway, Kitana feels pretty fun. I'm a total noob with her at the moment.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Wait, ex lift eats projectiles?
You should mention the d1 fan, d1 ex fan and yolo d1 lift
Back in the old days of MK9, 16 bit was hitting people with d1 cutter. You can "punish" a lot of people hitting buttons when they're neutral or minus with that. It's riskier in MKX but still useful (like interrupting Liu Windmill punch into dragon roar)

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Wouldn't b12 be a better follow-up to consider? It is also hit-confirmable and, according to the in-game data, +1 if blocked.