What's new

RIP Goro

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
So the comics are not really canon in an absolute way at all...they have been called a "version" of events. It was said that the game writing team & the comic team at the time had very little ongoing communication. So they both kinda told the story & didnt care if it was completely lined up or not.
that being said I think this game will make every version of anything ever MK canon in some universe or timeline, until this game cements a one true timeline kinda thing.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Goro is dead on his throne and Shang Tsung's throne is empty. He is absolutely working on some sorcery..
Yeah he definitely looks like he got his soul sucked out. Would be cool if Shang used his old champions to regain his strength, it’s something that grimey bastard would do.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Kotal Kahn TOOK his arms

He went to Daegon and the Red Dragon for help because he learned of Onaga's regenerative abilities
Yeah I know about how he lost his arms but I couldn't remember who he spoke to regarding how he got them back, that it was Daegon and not KK(who took them lol) thanks for reminding me that it was Daegon he went to. Would have been cool to see him use Onaga's blood to regenerate or end with Goro finding his blood but I guess it's safe to assume he did at some point after this ^.

Spoobs

Noob
Why do people think showing a dead body means anything in Mortal Kombat? It's just like comic books, even when a characters dies they aren't dead. But also goodnight, sweet prince.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I wouldn't say that the comics aren't canon just yet, remember that we have a different timeline in MK11 too.

I thought the decayed monks on Shang Tsung's Island was a dark joke about how devoted they are to meditating. But after seeing this, something must've happened that made them die like that

slamtown

Police Brutality
I think anybody who expects the MKX comic to actually be game canon is going to be disappointed.
I mean MKX intro dialogue kinda treated it as canon. And i kind of had some of the most important explanations for MKX such as why sub zero is not a robot. where are the robots. why is takeda under the care of scorpion. Shit was kind of important dont know why they would just throw it away UNLESS they are doing timeline shenanigans which could very well be true with old selves fighting new ones.