What's new

RIP Goro

Lokheit

Noob
If you look at the Jade reveal trailer, Goro's lair took the Shang Tsung Island treatment showing the corpses of everyone in there, apparently Goro was chilling when the island got sunk (which looks more like some cataclysm now rather than just slowly sinking seeing how no one escaped):

I wonder if those stages will have an "alive" version for the past timeline.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Do people not understand that with time travel being a core component, nothing that has ever happened in previous games, comics, or other media has any bearing on this game? Hell, even that screenshot doesn't deconfirm Goro since it could be from an alternate timeline. Doomsday was an interactable in Injustice 1, and I believe MMH was a background character.

E

Eldriken

Do people not understand that with time travel being a core component, nothing that has ever happened in previous games, comics, or other media has any bearing on this game? Hell, even that screenshot doesn't deconfirm Goro since it could be from an alternate timeline. Doomsday was an interactable in Injustice 1, and I believe MMH was a background character.
You are correct about Doomsday and MMH.

RothVI

d2 Spammer
Don't forget Kano and probably Johnny Cage

I doubt Goro's in the game, but still totally this. I've lost track of the amount of times I've seen people post stuff like "wHY iS kANo sO yOUnG? iS thIs HiS sOn?!"

Espio

Kokomo
Exactly why I am not ruling anyone out, it makes no sense to do so and I had someone telling me, "Told you Goro is out", but really nothing was proven.

Half the roster we've gotten so far is dead at the end of MKX (Jade, Kung Lao, Kabal, Liu Kang, Kitana, Baraka), all appearing despite deaths.

Black Manta was also in a background in a stage yet was playable. Folks just fooling beyond belief.