What's new

Rip 29 characters base roster... :(

vapid

cyber warlord
So, if there were 29 characters and Rain wasn't one of them would you or wouldn't you?
Depends who they were.

This is basically X but with a few switches and a couple of Injustice-style god characters thrown in for good measure.

Don't get me wrong, the effort shows, and I am sure this will be the best story mode yet, but I'm just not feeling it. They're still far too conservative with their rosters - which I get, because it's an easier sell, but I was just hoping the bullshit teasing from X would finally pay off here. Seems not.

I am curious who is in KP1 but I haven't pre-ordered.

but just to be clear, you are still buying it, right?
Exactly my point. I'm PAYING MONEY for a product and I don't want to be mislead. Just 'cause I pre-ordered should I just keep my head down? lol It's my choice to buy the game or not, but I'm a consumer, it's because of me and everyone who buys the game that they exist. They are not doing any favours. They are not giving the game for free. If I'm paying money I, and I repeat, don't want to be mislead.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Since the reveal day they mentioned 25 characters and there were 25 slots on the character select screen. It's exciting to think we'll get more but I can't be disappointed that they're giving us exactly what they said they would.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Since the reveal day they mentioned 25 characters and there were 25 slots on the character select screen. It's exciting to think we'll get more but I can't be disappointed that they're giving us exactly what they said they would.
Question

Pre-order DLC character Shao Kahn is supposed to be the 25th character?

So, if you do not pre-order you get 24 characters?

Or is he the 26th character?

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
Exactly my point. I'm PAYING MONEY for a product and I don't want to be mislead. Just 'cause I pre-ordered should I just keep my head down? lol It's my choice to buy the game or not, but I'm a consumer, it's because of me and everyone who buys the game that they exist. They are not doing any favours. They are not giving the game for free. If I'm paying money I, and I repeat, don't want to be mislead.
Except the problem is that you are misleading yourself. Not NRS.

They could not be more unequivocal every time they've talked roster size. It's 25. If you actually just internalized that point, then you could see the roster page for what it is - trailing off to show that there are more characters, yet unannounced, coming in DLC.

Instead, you hunt after fake leaks and conspiracy theories, which cause you to believe there are more than 25 (despite the fact that NRS never said anything like that whatsoever). And because of your preconcieved notion, you inject something into a roster page that isn't there. (When I say you here I'm talking more community, not you specifically.)

That is not NRS's fault. That is your fault.

Edit: I want to emphasize this again, for the 100th time. They have consistently and unequivocally said that the roster size is 25.

trufenix

bye felicia
Lol, you were literally never going to know the full cast, we still don't, and yet you still pre-ordered. This is on you.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
It’s a bummer but it makes sense in a way with all of the customizable stuff. I would have liked to see 30 but I will someday lol. If a smaller roster means they can manage and update the 24 more often then I’m all for it. New moves, gear and skins that we can earn through towers instead of paying for it. I wouldn’t mind that at all.

trufenix

bye felicia
Depends who they were.

This is basically X but with a few switches and a couple of Injustice-style god characters thrown in for good measure.

Don't get me wrong, the effort shows, and I am sure this will be the best story mode yet, but I'm just not feeling it. They're still far too conservative with their rosters - which I get, because it's an easier sell, but I was just hoping the bullshit teasing from X would finally pay off here. Seems not.

I am curious who is in KP1 but I haven't pre-ordered.
If you only want ONE character, why would you ever pre-order!?

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
who cares how many characters are in the game. if you can't find a main out of 25 mk characters, then maybe the game is not for you. this is not mvci where super important characters are missing.

:(
It's a 27 year franchise. It could already matter to some.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Cheer up buddy, MK11 might have the biggest roster of all NRS games, as well as the longest lifespan, so you might see more characters that you like through dlc, it sucks, but its still better than nothing ^^

NothingPersonal

27 years and some people play only one or two characters? your main can't be in every game. i mean how could anyone look at kabal or geras and think "these dudes are whack not gonna play them ever".
I'm just saying man. That's your feeling. Someone else maybe will find Geras to be the greatest fictional character they can identify with all of MK lore. There are people who won't play any MK except 2 or trilogy. There are some who played MK9 until now and skipped MKX.

vapid

cyber warlord
And Jade. And Baraka. And Skarlet. And Frost. And Shao Kahn.
I couldn't give a shit about Skarlet or Frost.

I was surprised to see Shao Kahn featuring in story mode, as they hadn't done that with Goro or Darkseid previously - it'll certainly be interesting to see how that plays out. I hope Kotal doesn't lose literally every fight again, as he's my favourite new character and I want him to be a good Emperor : <

NothingPersonal

I couldn't give a shit about Skarlet or Frost.

I was surprised to see Shao Kahn featuring in story mode, as they hadn't done that with Goro or Darkseid previously - it'll certainly be interesting to see how that plays out. I hope Kotal doesn't lose literally every fight again, as he's my favourite new character and I want him to be a good Emperor : <
There's been a spoiler about Kotal you might not like. Prepare youself. I'll also add, fuck this itteration of Skarlet. MK9 Skarlet is where it's at.