What's new

RG Rico Suave Interview after Winning Injustice: Gods Among Us at Summer Jam 7

Nerfs and buffs are gonna happen, sure some of them are retarded, but it's all part of it. I don't see him getting the Kano treatment. I'm not saying he's op, but the top chars really do have advantages, of course mu specific there are some horrible mu's, but it's part of the game. Rather see the rest of the cast receive buffs.

Watching this made me feel sorry for Rico.
all the effort and time hes putting in, and all people can do is complain about black adam.
black adam in my opinion probably needs a slight damage reduction to low lighting mb version.
maybe also reducing the chip damage.
apart from that hes fine compared to superman who in my opinion is totally brain dead.
really wish this community wasn't so lazy and would actually use the training mode facilities provided.
rather they spend time making stupid tier chart constantly talking about balance,making excuses for their loses.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Is it possible that rico sticking with black Adam regardless of the tier list just mastered his character. Scorpion was different he came out and just caused a hell of an up roar. Rico stood playing with Adam since the start. Maybe just maybe hes good because he dare I say it" put in time to learn his main??? "
Not saying nerfs shouldn't happen but this is getting ridiculous imo and turning into a witch hunt. This is the exact reason why mk9 lost support to many patches/nerfs. But I don't want to start a flame war on here. I will only say remember Kano people and to all the neew members from injustice read up on kano!!!

Btw good interview rico

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Kano had a safe 6 frame up ball and ridiculous projectile recovery so even on read if you jumped he kould AA you with the 6 frame up ball. I didn't play during that time but that sounds retarded to me.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Kano had a safe 6 frame up ball and ridiculous projectile recovery so even on read if you jumped he kould AA you with the 6 frame up ball. I didn't play during that time but that sounds retarded to me.
Wasn't Kano's upball 7 frames, and didn't knives only had 2 frames knocked off recovery...?

Benzo

Vic Stone
Damn I wish this game had never come out sometimes. Finally get a good DC fighter and all people wanna do is bitch instead of make improvements to their game. Just face it, this game will probably be patched to hell to the point where no one will even care about it anymore.
Fine with me, I always got Tekken Tag 2, I know that game will remain consistent.

Rokay

hold that
No one can deny Rico put in the work. He earned the win playing consistent throughout the whole tournament. I agree BA is not that OP. That being said I think it's unprofessional to name people, make insults, and put them on blast in an post-tournament interview. Just thank the fellow competitors and deal with beef in private with whoever. We need to have more base respect and sportsmanship as competitors, and people need to get above things even when its unfair. Don't let whatever outside the game ruin the fun.

Black Adam is top tier. Has high damage potential but still beatable. Chris G loses with BA.
Superman is OP. Too many strong tools and easy to get into. Still has deeper tech though as KDZ has shown.
Scorpion was broke. Too abusable against most characters.
There are differences.

Even with top tier characters, both KDZ and Rico clearly are better than all the others who play the same characters and that says something in itself. So people should respect that and not boil it down completely to the characters. We all know a huge balance patch is coming anyway. I just don't like seeing drama get too heated and personal. Fine, rag on the characters but give players their due.

Damage less/ Normalization whatever. Yeah it's impressive what Rico Has done with BA. I still am tired of seeing the same Characters over and over and over again. Yeah It happens a lot in most fighting games.

Superman/BA are just way too strong IMO. The fact that Cris G does BA, or Tyrant going with superman rather than Grundy says something though about how strong they are.. I know many characters have moves that are ridiculously safe. Superman moves are braindead safe. BA not so much but the damage potential is there. I don't play either of these characters because I think they are boring as heck. Now NW, WW, and others.... those characters are fun.

Just normalize BA even more. That is all.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
So we can ban/nerf scorpion into irrelevancy, but Black Adam is off limits.
Because fuck Scorpion, this is a fucking DC game.

Scorpion could have been Red Hood or Black Manta or any other fucking DC character with the SAME move set and cheap shit with a different aesthetic. The community would have put up with it, why? Because fuck Scorpion. That's why.

VOR

Noob
I think we're moreso at the point of some characters needing buffs as opposed to black adam needing nerfs. he can have his great mobility but does it need to be THAT much better than others'?

To anyone blowing him up for having an opinion. . .well that in itself is pretty silly. Also, the whole reason a lot of people even watched the video was because he is a top player and his opinion will have a little more weight when talking about balance since he had to work his way to the top. I imagine that on his way up he must have gained a lot of insight to match ups, strengths, and weaknesses that few of us can acquire with our amount of time played with that character.

I mean I hate BA for my match up, but he really is not more unfair when looking at the cast as a whole. I think if a nerf came it would be maybe a slight block stun adjustment or something minor.

DLA

Noob
Great interview, he has clearly put in a lot of time into the character and is also a very smart player.

I will like to add something. And I hope Hec reads this or its pointed out to him and the rest of the dev team. The entire weekend during INJ games. All the chatter or chants on the side was "THAT SH*T NEEDS TO BE NERFED". Who were the most vocal in screaming out these statements you ask? Tom Brady, KDZ and many others. The entire weekned thats all that was heard, "Nerf Superman and Nerf Black Adam". Even during top 8 the crowed started to chant "Nerf".

As a fan of the game, I must say that it was sad to hear. It has become the norm I guess with the INJ commuity to request nerfs when something works against them. The dev team is rummored to invite the testers back as well as a few others to work on the final balance patch for INJ (as they will begin work on the new MK game). Tom spoke about it all weekend and he was very vocal about nerfing the characters he struggles the most against.

He was so "EMO" (as thats the term I heard used all weekend) after his lost that eliminated his as well after Rico won. You could see the frustration on his face. Listen closely to the bonus footage, you can hear Yipes scream out "DAMN TOM BRADY IS SALTY!".

The Capcom players were making fun of INJ players during discussions, Tom Brady as well, and just blurting out the word "NERF" randomly to get INJ players started up. I think its a bad look to the community if outsiders all look at you (INJ community) as players who ask for nerfs at every sign of a struggle. Black Adam and Superman are 2 of the most powerful characters in DC comics. Matching a GOD like Superman against a human like Harley was always going to be a issue when it came to "balance".

I hope the weaker characters get buffs and the top get very minor nerfs. Because the way it sounds, after the final patch the game will stay the same until it dies out.

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
Stuff

I agree with this. The nerf chants are funny for a while, but all this self-parody makes the Inj scene look free. It downplays every player, and leads to threads like these. No other game treats players like they are non existent and the results were strictly character-determined.

I also liked the interview, thought Rico played amazing and made good points. It's easy to burn out on a game that has a community who doesn't accept the game as it is. It will always be a theory fighter and change discussion.

THTB

I will like to add something. And I hope Hec reads this or its pointed out to him and the rest of the dev team. The entire weekend during INJ games. All the chatter or chants on the side was "THAT SH*T NEEDS TO BE NERFED". Who were the most vocal in screaming out these statements you ask? Tom Brady, KDZ and many others. The entire weekned thats all that was heard, "Nerf Superman and Nerf Black Adam". Even during top 8 the crowed started to chant "Nerf".

As a fan of the game, I must say that it was sad to hear. It has become the norm I guess with the INJ commuity to request nerfs when something works against them. The dev team is rummored to invite the testers back as well as a few others to work on the final balance patch for INJ (as they will begin work on the new MK game). Tom spoke about it all weekend and he was very vocal about nerfing the characters he struggles the most against.

He was so "EMO" (as thats the term I heard used all weekend) after his lost that eliminated his as well after Rico won. You could see the frustration on his face. Listen closely to the bonus footage, you can hear Yipes scream out "DAMN TOM BRADY IS SALTY!".

The Capcom players were making fun of INJ players during discussions, Tom Brady as well, and just blurting out the word "NERF" randomly to get INJ players started up. I think its a bad look to the community if outsiders all look at you (INJ community) as players who ask for nerfs at every sign of a struggle. Black Adam and Superman are 2 of the most powerful characters in DC comics. Matching a GOD like Superman against a human like Harley was always going to be a issue when it came to "balance".

I hope the weaker characters get buffs and the top get very minor nerfs. Because the way it sounds, after the final patch the game will stay the same until it dies out.
hecterrific colt

He makes a good point, hopefully after the balance patch coming up they'll just leave the game alone for a long long while (while fixing any bugs that appear of course)

zaf

professor
Because fuck Scorpion, this is a fucking DC game.

Scorpion could have been Red Hood or Black Manta or any other fucking DC character with the SAME move set and cheap shit with a different aesthetic. The community would have put up with it, why? Because fuck Scorpion. That's why.
you needa calm down there man.
He is in the game, there is nothing that can be done about it. Who cares if it is a DC fighter or not, we have him and we are stuck with him... Does this mean we nerf him into an unplayable state? No. Why do that to a character just because he is from a different franchise. Tons of fighters have guest characters and they are all used just fine. He needs to be fixed.

JLG

Noob
It has become the norm I guess with the INJ commuity to request nerfs when something works against them.
You're right that it's become the norm for Injustice, but it sounds like you're implying that this is the only community that feels this way.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 are arguably the most popular fighting games out (at least in the West), yet those two games are very unbalanced. Do you think the players want them patched? Of course! They even bitch about the match up disparities a lot, but it isn't nearly as vocal as with Injustice because CAPCOM PLAYERS KNOW CAPCOM IS NOT INTERESTED IN PATCHING THEIR GAMES, UNLESS IT'S TO MAKE MONEY OFF OF A NEW VERSION. With NRS, a nerf or buff can happen anytime

Have you seen the threads at Eventhubs about nerfs and buffs to both SSF4 Arcade and UMvC3? The UMvC3 one in July had 343 comments.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
You guys are idiots. Scorpions design is dumb for the types of characters made in this game before the nerfs. The call to nerfs for him aren't even on the same level with black adam.

And you can probably OS the crap out of Black Adam with many characters

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Posthuman

Where's TJ Combo?
I gree, SM is kinda OP but not BA you scrubs need to adapt. No wonder all other communities dont respect us.

THTB

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 are arguably the most popular fighting games out (at least in the West), yet those two games are very unbalanced.
AE at EVO this year was won by a Gen, and last year's EVO champ brings out Hakan, of all characters, for matchups instead of Akuma. Also, some of the global top players from the US use characters like Guile, Balrog, Rufus, Zangief, etc, who are not exactly top tiers, either. Guile, especially.