What's new

Question - Jacqui Briggs Rewinds Opinion (Does Jacqui have any losing match ups across all variations)

Jacqui has no losing match ups

• Is rewind right?

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Is rewind wrong?

Votes: 25 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Both your poll options are questions not answers.

Personally I think Jacqui struggles overall against:

- Piercing mileena
- A-list Johnny Cage
- Swarm Queen D'Vorah
- Dragon's Fire Liu Kang
- Ronin Takeda
- Shirai Ryu Takeda
- Cutthroat Kano
- Demo Sonya

I don't think these matchups are terrible, but I do think she loses 4-6 to these guys.

Last edited:

- Piercing mileena
- A-list Johnny Cage
- Swarm Queen D'Vorah
- Dragon's Fire Liu Kang
- Ronin Takeda
- Shirai Ryu Takeda
- Cutthroat Kano

I don't think these matchups are terrible, but I do think she loses 4-6 to these guys.
i have yet to find a johnny that i struggle against

- Piercing mileena
- A-list Johnny Cage
- Swarm Queen D'Vorah
- Dragon's Fire Liu Kang
- Ronin Takeda
- Shirai Ryu Takeda
- Cutthroat Kano

Jacqui doesn t struggle against Takeda the Mu is either a soft 6-4 or a 5-5

Kidigital

@KdashDigital/Raiko Digital
raw jacqui-9frame mid, 1,2,1,2 is plus at everypoint, safe armor
shotgun- safe 43%+ 50/50 vortex
fullauto-40%+ htb, stupid zoning, stupid space control, meterless safe 50/50s, meterless plus 50/50s, plus 40%+ 50/50s midscreen.
high tech- multiple pseudo infinites, true pseudo infinites, plus 50/50's, unblockables in pressure, 50% meterless 50/50s

i believe each variation has bad match ups but i don't believe there's a match up no variation can cover. and i think regardless of the match up it doesn't matter if any of the variations start their gameplan. the most annoying thing about her is she hits like a goddamn neutron star. you can play the match up right, make multiple good reads but if she touches you bruh
She doesn't have armor on shotgun...

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Jacqui doesn t struggle against Takeda the Mu is either a soft 6-4 or a 5-5
She can't poke back at any point because of stubby limbs, she can't play footsies.

Ronin in particular is really annoying because she can't zone I any variation, her limbs make poking out a big risk, her armour is either easily broken or full combo punishable with your reward being a simple knockdown, Takeda's block pressure is staggeringly annoying to deal with as Jacqui specifically, flip makes anti-airing difficult, he out ranges her and damage isn't that far off (although Jacqui does have more damage).

Maybe you haven't played Takedas that abused those normals and range against you.

i have yet to find a johnny that i struggle against
Johnny is difficult because he low profiles your mids essentially making your block pressure a risk (mileena and D'Vorah do this as well btw ._.). Playing footsies with him is challenging even in shotgun because he gets in and is plus into run cancel pressure while she has to space out with ex low shot, using meter to do so.

She doesn't have armor on shotgun...
I don't think he said she does... He said she has safe armour (assuming ex bf2).

She can't poke back at any point because of stubby limbs, she can't play footsies.

Ronin in particular is really annoying because she can't zone I any variation, her limbs make poking out a big risk, her armour is either easily broken or full combo punishable with your reward being a simple knockdown, Takeda's block pressure is staggeringly annoying to deal with as Jacqui specifically, flip makes anti-airing difficult, he out ranges her and damage isn't that far off (although Jacqui does have more damage).

Maybe you haven't played Takedas that abused those normals and range against you.

Johnny is difficult because he low profiles your mids essentially making your block pressure a risk (mileena and D'Vorah do this as well btw ._.). Playing footsies with him is challenging even in shotgun because he gets in and is plus into run cancel pressure while she has to space out with ex low shot, using meter to do so.

I don't think he said she does... He said she has safe armour (assuming ex bf2).
You can make the life of a ronin hard with your machine gun you just have to be smart about it bait the flip kick and fullcombos punish. The same way Jacqui can have a hard time dealing with Takeda s pressure takeda has a hard time dealing with her s you just have to make a read and go for armor you have a safe armor move and one that would switch the sides don t let the Takeda play his game play your game.

Shotgun Jacqui deals with Johnny cage really well thx to the EX shotgun that cover his basic range

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
You can make the life of a ronin hard with your machine gun you just have to be smart about it bait the flip kick and fullcombos punish. The same way Jacqui can have a hard time dealing with Takeda s pressure takeda has a hard time dealing with her s you just have to make a read and go for armor you have a safe armor move and one that would switch the sides don t let the Takeda play his game play your game.

Shotgun Jacqui deals with Johnny cage really well thx to the EX shotgun that cover his basic range
Shotgun either beats cages or goes 5/5 with him. Low shotgun and her back walk speed make the neutral a real struggle for cage.

Once either of them is in, round can be over just like that

Last edited:

Kidigital

@KdashDigital/Raiko Digital
At first I read it the same way you did but he was doing bullet points without bullet points at the beginning so it looks off.
It's
*Raw Jaquie-...safe armor. then
*Shotgun- safe

Not "safe armor Shotgun".
Okay thanks for the clarification. I thought we were making up armors for a second.

omooba

fear the moobs
[QUOTE="Pan1cMode, post: 2139404, member: 16263"Maybe you haven't played Takedas that abused those normals and range against you.

Johnny is difficult because he low profiles your mids essentially making your block pressure a risk (mileena and D'Vorah do this as well btw ._.). Playing footsies with him is challenging even in shotgun because he gets in and is plus into run cancel pressure while she has to space out with ex low shot, using meter to do so.[/QUOTE]
both of these are only problems when they have jacqui cornered. other than that just step put of they're range and you're good. she has a very good walk back speed which helps a lot. i think it's 5-5 at worst 6-4 but again once she starts her gameplan errbody sit the fuck down
edit: takeda is definitely a bad match up

Last edited:

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
How to fight Jacqui:
"Imma zone her" get pew pew'd
"Imma outfootsie her" get pew pew'd
"ok imma rush her down, o shit she's + on everything, oops"
"oops i guessed wrong on her safe/plus 50/50"

I don't think she's top 5, but I really do think she's broken as fuck, the only thing holding her back is a REALLY good mid like Alien's f1 or Johnny's knee, and if you give her one of those, she's potentially the best character in the game. Other than that, she plays MKXL really really really well.
I think you're exaggerrating a little bit with the ''she's broken as fuck''. Ok, it's more than a little bit. :p

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
You are missing the point of the thread :(
The gist I get from you and this thread is that you're implying that Rewind is wrong. There's no mention of discussing MUs, why he or you thinks or don't thinks a certain way about it, and this has no prevalence at all since you're asking us two different questions. Are you asking us, the community, if rewind is wrong or if Jacqui has no losing MUs? In all honesty this thread should be closed since is has no positive anything in the community except to toot your own horn by thinking you're right about an opinion and him being wrong about an opinion. Not facts.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Ronin (7-3)
Acidic (7-3)
Tartakan (6-4)
Ninjitsu (6-4)
Relentless (6-4)
A-List (6-4)

She's not broke though. She has ALOT of 5-5 matchups. The better player wins. I only considered her best variation in each matchup.

Last edited:
Ronin (7-3)
Acidic (7-3)
Tartakan (6-4)
Ninjitsu (6-4)
Relentless (6-4)
A-List (6-4)

She's not broke though. She has ALOT of 5-5 matchups. The better player wins.
i dont think acidic is 7-3. its either 6-4 alien or 5-5. From a Full auto stand point, she can out zone alien from fullscreen and has a 6 frame s1 to punish aliens normal flip

Reactions: GAV

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
High Tech has no chance. shotgun might be a 5-5 6-4 her. but full auto is pretty tough. no options to get out in the corner and also sub can punish her gun on reaction.
GM vs HT is the worst matchup in the game imo, so I agree on that. Shotgun feels close, I haven't really played it. FA could be her favor though imo. It's debatable.