What's new

Question - Jacqui Briggs Rewinds Opinion (Does Jacqui have any losing match ups across all variations)

Jacqui has no losing match ups

• Is rewind right?

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Is rewind wrong?

Votes: 25 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OfficialYungmonster

Run and Tell ya mama bout that
Making this thread so you guys can explain something to Khaotic Rewind. First off khaotic rewind got 25th place at evo, we've been doing casuals all day today and yesterday, and he's been struggling against jacqui when he plays mileena, takeda, and dvorah. Rewind thinks that jacqui has no losing match ups.. I'll let yall take over now lmao. Don't get me wrong, Rewind knows this game very well. He says that all her variants can cover different match ups

Mod edit – Copy-pasting a post by Yung here:
To reclarify , I'm Asking Between Jacqui's 3 variations, does she cover every matchup to at least 5~5 or more.

Last edited by a moderator:

champdee

Noob
omfg wait till glaive return is fixed, and my d1 is at least +5 on hit... just wait (hoping for this for summerjjam

n1kosh

Train harder
I'm not sure about her winning match up, but the average is not exactly below 5-5 against all...

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Could it be that Rewind doesn't know how to deal against Jacqui? Like I said in another thread, if you don't know the character, you don't know how to deal against him/her. Maybe he didn't encounter Jaqui earlier, thus his...excuse of struggle over Jaqui?

Consider them my own assumptions.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Could it be that Rewind doesn't know how to deal against Jacqui? Like I said in another thread, if you don't know the character, you don't know how to deal against him/her. Maybe he didn't encounter Jaqui earlier, thus his...excuse of struggle over Jaqui?

Consider them my own assumptions.
How to fight Jacqui:
"Imma zone her" get pew pew'd
"Imma outfootsie her" get pew pew'd
"ok imma rush her down, o shit she's + on everything, oops"
"oops i guessed wrong on her safe/plus 50/50"

I don't think she's top 5, but I really do think she's broken as fuck, the only thing holding her back is a REALLY good mid like Alien's f1 or Johnny's knee, and if you give her one of those, she's potentially the best character in the game. Other than that, she plays MKXL really really really well.

omooba

fear the moobs
raw jacqui-9frame mid, 1,2,1,2 is plus at everypoint, safe armor
shotgun- safe 43%+ 50/50 vortex
fullauto-40%+ htb, stupid zoning, stupid space control, meterless safe 50/50s, meterless plus 50/50s, plus 40%+ 50/50s midscreen.
high tech- multiple pseudo infinites, true pseudo infinites, plus 50/50's, unblockables in pressure, 50% meterless 50/50s

i believe each variation has bad match ups but i don't believe there's a match up no variation can cover. and i think regardless of the match up it doesn't matter if any of the variations start their gameplan. the most annoying thing about her is she hits like a goddamn neutron star. you can play the match up right, make multiple good reads but if she touches you bruh

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
Jacqui is a strong solid character, But you have to get bodied by her really badly to start debating that she is S tier lol. git gud rewind.

OfficialYungmonster

Run and Tell ya mama bout that
Jacqui is a strong solid character, But you have to get bodied by her really badly to start debating that she is S tier lol. git gud rewind.
do
He didn't necessarily say she was S Tier, he just said she goes 5~5 with the whole cast laugh my ass off but that was a funny conment