What's new

Tech Revival of Mortal Kombat 9

Goldi

Noob
That awkward moment where you realize how many times you've bought the same damn game

PS3 disc
PS3 download
360 disc
Vita

.... Wanna say I'm done buying MK9, but I've been wrong before.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
I have MK9 but I only play it for the story mode. No online or offline(humanwise) experience.
I want.to get into MK9 but I'm not used to that block button. Especially since im new to the arcade sticks.
Anyone know a good starter character and how long it can take to st least be decent?
I'm trying out Kitana first. But Jade seems appealing

Matix218

Get over here!
I have MK9 but I only play it for the story mode. No online or offline(humanwise) experience.
I want.to get into MK9 but I'm not used to that block button. Especially since im new to the arcade sticks.
Anyone know a good starter character and how long it can take to st least be decent?
I'm trying out Kitana first. But Jade seems appealing
IMO Liu Kang is a good.starter character. Easy combos, solid projectiles, good mixups. But honestly just play whatever character you like best. Just go to their combo thread on tym and learn their basic bnbs and play against the computer until you can execute the bnbs and anti airs in a gameplay situation. Then you can start to play against people

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
That awkward moment where you realize how many times you've bought the same damn game

PS3 disc
PS3 download
360 disc
Vita
I'm not that far behind ya...

Bought 360 copy at Midnight Release

Traded it in for PS3 copy after about 6-9 months

Bought a cheap 360 copy about 4 months after that

Look Ma! I's an MK 9 nerd! Nyuk! Nyuk!

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!

PS3 disc
PS3 download
360 disc
Vita

.... Wanna say I'm done buying MK9, but I've been wrong before.
i still want the komplete edition....imma do the same for injustice O_O

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
It's funny I log onto XBL and this past week I've seen my TYM friends playing MK9 :joker: . Having never played MK9 would it even be worth my time to learn the game in anticipation of UMK9 or MK10?

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
There are needed changes like making Jade's glow go through Kenshi stuff, nerf Kabal pressure or zoning, make Kenshi up close game a little unsafer, remove resets or drastically tone down damage after reset, make Kano up ball and down ball safe, and other obvious stuff. The rest should remain as is.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
It's funny I log onto XBL and this past week I've seen my TYM friends playing MK9 :joker: . Having never played MK9 would it even be worth my time to learn the game in anticipation of UMK9 or MK10?
Definitely. They will most lekely have the same system of gameplay. Plus it's easy to pick up and really fun.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I'll look into it. I haven't played MK since UMK3. Back in the day I used Reptile, Smoke, Cyrax, and Kabal. Are they still solid characters to use in MK9?
lol they are some of the brokest chars still, except Reptile, but he's really fun to play.

I'll look into it. I haven't played MK since UMK3. Back in the day I used Reptile, Smoke, Cyrax, and Kabal. Are they still solid characters to use in MK9?
Reptile is the most balanced character in the game, unless you're playing online, where he is top-tier in input latency conditions.
Smoke is a low mid-tier character with an S+ reset, so yes he is solid.
Cyrax is Bullshit Incarnate with his touch of death combos.
Kabal is the S+ tier character of the game, but difficult to learn.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Nothing makes me laugh more then watching people who called MK a "broken mess" about 5 months ago now defending it and saying it's balanced. Never change TYM.

That being said MK 4 lyfe.

Dont see the problem with the game but I've only been playing for like 8 hrs, I'm sure the bs will become more apparent

If anyone wants to show me whats so horrible about the game come play with me on xbox

As it is right now its extremely fast, fun, deep (at least the charagtet I'm playing, kabal), and it looks and sounds awesome. Wish I had played it 2 years ago

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
Dont see the problem with the game but I've only been playing for like 8 hrs, I'm sure the bs will become more apparent

If anyone wants to show me whats so horrible about the game come play with me on xbox

As it is right now its extremely fast, fun, deep (at least the charagtet I'm playing, kabal), and it looks and sounds awesome. Wish I had played it 2 years ago
online play is really the main thing wrong with the game, but if you got people to play against offline than prepare for some good times. MK9 is an awesome game, i think its safe to say that we all love it here. (i know a few people on TYM dont but just keep it to yourselves nobody cares)

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves

Add me GT: Mr got Merked. I play Kabal as well

YouTube Channel: http://www.YouTube.com/mrgotmerked
YouTube Clan Channel: http://www.YouTube.com/ktokillatv

Sent from my Brain via Tapatalk chip. Ding!