What's new

Tech Reversing wake ups with flash.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
We all know about these corner reversals that every character has pretty much in the corner, and its been a while since flash's was discovered (forgot who discovered it waaaay back with RMS running into their body) as well as @WITNESS telling me about it at WB. i made these videos to show you that you can stay safe while doing it, give a visualization on the timing, and i even discovered on video that you can do it off sonic pound as well lol. i did most of the knockdowns naked and didn't incorporate the use of during a combo which is a big mistake because most of the time you will do this off a combo in the corner anyway. so i will be making a part 3 later today to show that as well. the timing is different for each knockdown aswell as for each combo since each combo has more gravity added on to it than the next. flash's corner reversals are more timing passed and you need skill to use this effectively even though you are safe.

@SidTheHaze
@BoricuaHeat
@The_SNKE
@HoneyBee
@WITNESS
@SaJa
@AK Harold
@Master D.
@SonicFox5000
@Gfromthestreets
@FCP/EMP SCAR
who am i forgetting?

Last edited:

Rodrigue

Spongerod
I usually use RMS cancel after 3 2 to reverse wake ups. Try it! Timing is easier than the dash I'm guessing?
Definitely gonna try this when I get home. Thank you :)

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
Man I hate when I find something and am unable to show it to anyone , found this a while ago , still good find though.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
If I end up going to a tournament for this game, I would be a copy and paste Zyphox lol.

Seriously good stuff. Learned a thing or two.

ZOOM

Noob
You can end combos in 113 in the corner to reverse wake ups, plus flash has a F213 set up mid screen where when you do sonic pounds every single wake up in the game whiffs. Also, When it comes to zod, you can nuetral jump all of his wake up attacks. And the timing on this is too strict, and there's older set ups I believe that were found by true talent, that are more consistent. Plus if they make a read they can just full combo punish you. The RMS in the corner is not only more consistent but you cant punish it after you get knocked down. you either get your wake up reversed or sit there.

reversing wake ups during trait is 100% pointless, because in trait if you do F21 LK F21 lk 3 lk dash its a cross up and it frame traps, or you can end in sweep and do D1D2 for a true OTG. And there are certain characters Like Gl where you don't even need to reverse wake ups. Actually not even certain, there's a handful, And for the ones you can't you simply use a 113 ender (off a shortened combo) or you use RMSC run in the corner to reverse wake ups and it works way more consistently than this.

how to make this more consistent: try adding a crouch tech, or a step back, or some sort of movement pattern before you dash. This might help make it more consistent, if we can make it more consistent this is good tech.

The third way this is dumb is that LC is 25+ frames on knockdown positive, if a person can't react to two dashes and NOT wake up he has down syndrome.

Last edited:

HP Hatecraft

I am the beginning, I am the end.
My nigga zyphox with his relaxing ass voice. I feel like you do commentary with a robe on and a Sherlock pipe that shoots out bubbles. Good shit btw!

mwelele zaza

Aioffe Belle
Reserved for combo specific set ups.
Hi man am using a mobile phone and I can see the videos can u please send me the video URL but please edit it e.g you!tube.com/watch... The I will just delete the "!" Wen I receive the video url thanks

The_SNKE

BLT | RM
I wish TYM would fix the tag thing. I didn't even see it! ;(

Anyway, this is interesting stuff. I remember messing with it (with 32) a while ago but eventually gave up due to the strict ass timing. Pulling it off in trait would be hype as fuck though

Zyphox

I wish TYM would fix the tag thing. I didn't even see it! ;(

Anyway, this is interesting stuff. I remember messing with it (with 32) a while ago but eventually gave up due to the strict ass timing. Pulling it off in trait would be hype as fuck though
i have a set up where it looks like i drop a combo with trait and almost guarantees they try waking up but its for a corner reversal so the perfect gotcha moment!! lol making video today after Texas showdown.

Zyphox

You can end combos in 113 in the corner to reverse wake ups, plus flash has a F213 set up mid screen where when you do sonic pounds every single wake up in the game whiffs. Also, When it comes to zod, you can nuetral jump all of his wake up attacks. And the timing on this is too strict, and there's older set ups I believe that were found by true talent, that are more consistent. Plus if they make a read they can just full combo punish you. The RMS in the corner is not only more consistent but you cant punish it after you get knocked down. you either get your wake up reversed or sit there.

reversing wake ups during trait is 100% pointless, because in trait if you do F21 LK F21 lk 3 lk dash its a cross up and it frame traps, or you can end in sweep and do D1D2 for a true OTG. And there are certain characters Like Gl where you don't even need to reverse wake ups. Actually not even certain, there's a handful, And for the ones you can't you simply use a 113 ender (off a shortened combo) or you use RMSC run in the corner to reverse wake ups and it works way more consistently than this.

how to make this more consistent: try adding a crouch tech, or a step back, or some sort of movement pattern before you dash. This might help make it more consistent, if we can make it more consistent this is good tech.

The third way this is dumb is that LC is 25+ frames on knockdown positive, if a person can't react to two dashes and NOT wake up he has down syndrome.
did you watch the fucking video? you can't punish me for trying this, i literally dashed up twice and blocked a flying uppercut from flash, you will not get punished for trying this which is the entire point of the video, its not to show off corner reversals i thought everyone knew this, also 113 is techrollable so extremely pointless as that will get yoou punished because they can wake up with an attack faster than you can recover from dash. ask anyone who played me at FR i did this almost every time, if you can't time stuff thats your problem even @WITNESS did it every time i saw him, the CPU makes it so that it seems hard to do, try it on a human before you judge. you can go in the lab and find the timing your way my 3rd video will show some stuff like whiffed 11 dash to reverse wake ups, also ending in b22f3 then doing b22 immediately will reverse wake ups in the corner and if they block you can do sonic pound on certain characters to cross up or b22f3 for the rest, its a full proof option select that works on all characters of ONE combo only that i have found, you can't jump wake up back dash, nothing, have fun blocking :).

ZOOM

Noob
did you watch the fucking video? you can't punish me for trying this, i literally dashed up twice and blocked a flying uppercut from flash, you will not get punished for trying this which is the entire point of the video, its not to show off corner reversals i thought everyone knew this, also 113 is techrollable so extremely pointless as that will get yoou punished because they can wake up with an attack faster than you can recover from dash. ask anyone who played me at FR i did this almost every time, if you can't time stuff thats your problem even @WITNESS did it every time i saw him, the CPU makes it so that it seems hard to do, try it on a human before you judge. you can go in the lab and find the timing your way my 3rd video will show some stuff like whiffed 11 dash to reverse wake ups, also ending in b22f3 then doing b22 immediately will reverse wake ups in the corner and if they block you can do sonic pound on certain characters to cross up or b22f3 for the rest, its a full proof option select that works on all characters of ONE combo only that i have found, you can't jump wake up back dash, nothing, have fun blocking :).
But why risk reversing a wake up with a set up when i can go for a set up that makes wake up whiffs and that trait thing is 100% pointless and is less damage.

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
But why risk reversing a wake up with a set up when i can go for a set up that makes wake up whiffs and that trait thing is 100% pointless and is less damage.
The point of this set up is so your opponent is afraid to do anything in the corner, there is no risk in doing this unless they start jumping but even still thats a risk for your opponent do to cuz you can punish then on reaction, once you do it once they will be scared to wake up again and are force in the 50/50 then you can do other sets ups so now they have to guess even more now

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
@Zyphox since you already posted this i will save you the trouble and everyone else and tell you the wake ups you have to look out for
Note: some wake ups have weird hit boxes some will hit you form behind and you will have to block first then punish, here are the ones you have to block first
Catwoman's cat dash
sinestro' s Stinger wake up ( dont know if thats what its called)
woman wonder's amazon uppercut ( can only be punish by flying uppercut just frame after blocked)
Nightwing's Staff spin

Note: like i mention before about the weird hit box here are the wake ups here are the wake ups that still reverse but you will still get hit by
Batgirl's flying uppercut
Lex' corp charge

Note: all wake ups will reverse but some dont matter bcuz they protect the character at all times here are the wake ups that dont matter if reverse of not
Aquaman' water shield
Black adam's lighting charge
Deathstroke's sword spin
MMH's teleport ( you can still punish this on reaction even after dashing)
Ares teleport
scorpion teleport
zantanna's teleport ( but most zatanna players will not wake up with this in the corner cuz its a free punish)

ZOOM

Noob
The point of this set up is so your opponent is afraid to do anything in the corner, there is no risk in doing this unless they start jumping but even still thats a risk for your opponent do to cuz you can punish then on reaction, once you do it once they will be scared to wake up again and are force in the 50/50 then you can do other sets ups so now they have to guess even more now
I understand that

But im talking about if you're in trait there is literaly no point to do that set up. You're just letting off pressure and sacrificing reset damage. And it works in the corner.

Zyphox and you are talking about making them scared to wake up...

And what if THEY CANT wake up???? V proof of that, the dash over is a frame trap and the sweep otgs and works in the corner.

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
I understand that

But im talking about if you're in trait there is literaly no point to do that set up. You're just letting off pressure and sacrificing reset damage. And it works in the corner.

Zyphox and you are talking about making them scared to wake up...

And what if THEY CANT wake up???? V proof of that, the dash over is a frame trap and the sweep otgs and works in the corner.

You can use the bnb trait combo in the corner and set this set up and u can do this while in trait yes you are sacrificing some stuff but he is just showing it can be done if wanted and this why when i do this i always end my combo with lighting charge so they will always HAVE AN OPTION to wake up

ZOOM

Noob
You can use the bnb trait combo in the corner and set this set up and u can do this while in trait yes you are sacrificing some stuff but he is just showing it can be done if wanted and this why when i do this i always end my combo with lighting charge so they will always HAVE AN OPTION to wake up
my point being

Better for them to have no options rather than just to block.

Zyphox

my point being

Better for them to have no options rather than just to block.
and if you don't have trait? trust me i have a video coming with a set up much more scary than yours, @SonicFox5000 knows what am talking about, my reversal wake up option is there for when you don't have trait in the corner or when you want to save trait if they have clash, you fail to see things when they aren't your discovery and discredit everything i do. trait recovers in 20 seconds so if you get first hit and corner carry them and end with lightning charge, they are in the corner with 61% less health, using my set up i nullify any wake up and full combo punish them meterless with b22 LC d12 11 11 112 LC for 40% or with a bar for slightly less, thats an entire life bar. so tell me Mr muffin, what are YOUR options without this tech when you hit someone first and your trait is gone?