What's new

Reveals delay

i mean how do posts get front page? do they get it through traction? can't get mad if people are talking on a post

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
I don’t disagree with anything you said but there is something you left out. This allows the best players to create paper rock scissor situations bc they can easily learn 4-5 characters at the highest possible level. I’ll argue that at the peak of mkx the best players had a true dedicated main and an alt there were competitive with. In i2 you had top players learning at least 3 characters. Deadshot is a perfect example of this. A laughably easy character to learn and he was top 5. Maybe even the best in the game at one point

I know ultra David makes the point about the mind game but there is something to be said about an execution barrier. It’s just a part of fighting games character shouldn’t be super easy to play in my opinion Players should have to lab for hours and hours and hours to learn a character at the highest level not three days and you’re beating top players with them. Another great example is StarFire
I understand the later part. Generally, it seems like the more neutral based game is not going to be as easy to lern as MKX where you could just run in and 50/50 someone, so there's that.

But what's so bad about top players having several characters? I gotta admit, I liked that in MKX/INJ2. Generally, you have more character variety in tournaments if people play more than one. I enjoy matches where two good players to at each other for 5 games changing characters back and forth. And it adds another element of tension if people have several options to go with. If they balance the game well, there won't be as many rock paper scissors situations anyways.

Killusion

Stream addict
At this point I think they're revealing at least one character a week all the way to the release. It's pretty good rate if you ask me. Also some people will probably get early copies from somewhere and start to leak stuff, happens every time lol.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
It's the best we can get. It ain't all bad, I think people are letting their doubts get the best of them. NRS knows how to market their games, they always sell well.

Do agree that the D'Vorah and Kano reveals were a let down

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
I just want to see the gameplay of Kano, D'vorah and Shao Kahn.. they are already confirmed by NRS.

Killusion

Stream addict
But what's so bad about top players having several characters? I gotta admit, I liked that in MKX/INJ2. Generally, you have more character variety in tournaments if people play more than one. I enjoy matches where two good players to at each other for 5 games changing characters back and forth. And it adds another element of tension if people have several options to go with. If they balance the game well, there won't be as many rock paper scissors situations anyways.
In an ideal world, there should be a huuuge, obvious skill gap between player who has played Scorpion for two months versus the player who has played scorpion for one week. If there isn't, it's because the character is too simple or worse, the game is too simple.

Raider

Noob
I just want to see the gameplay of Kano, D'vorah and Shao Kahn.. they are already confirmed by NRS.
Some developers on twitter were talking about how they want to show D'Vorah's trailer and her Fatality in front of the live audience. Just to see all the reactions. But i doubt that it will be possible to do that before the game is out.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Some developers on twitter were talking about how they want to show D'Vorah's trailer and her Fatality in front of the live audience. Just to see all the reactions. But i doubt that it will be possible to do that before the game is out.
Not so hard to do in this age of time... I mean just ask all those spoiled youtube millionaires for a video-reaction and they send it to him (mostly acted, as I can't image that people react to anything in such an overreacting way...)

Voila, life audience, as there are millions of millionaires in the world of youtube these days that all want such live-reaction-to-trailers videos on their growing channels...

I hope they show at least D'Vorah, Liu Kang, Kitana, Kano and KUng Lao into one big trailer, so they are all out of the way, I'm waiting for the new Kollector guy, Frost, Erron, Shang, Rain and Noob most, wanna see some gameplay of the others, but rather have them just in a trailer.

Well actually I really want to see Jacqui and D'Vorah too, as Vorah is so awesome and I'm kinda curious what they have done to Jacqui to make her different. Or did they just give everybody the big FUCK YOU, and kept her 100% the same and boring? We'll see.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Story of MK11 demands Jacqui, that is why she is in. it is not about her gameplay, hated or loved level..

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Story of MK11 demands Jacqui, that is why she is in. it is not about her gameplay, hated or loved level..
Uhm, I think they choose the characters first, then write the story, some characters can always end up as NPC's which you can't fight but which are in the cut-scenes. I mean, Sub-Zero and Scorpion don't always need to be in the story, but they are always in.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
I'm not one of the Jacqui haters, but I don't think the story itsself demands anything. As the developer, you can think about which characters you want to have in the story and create a narrative that fits for those. You need a conclusive framework, sure. But if you want character x in, you can change the story so that it works. So they could very well say "Right now the story would fit character x, but y would be more exciting, so lets switch a few things around."
Not saying they should do that with Jacqui, but from all of the reasons to include or not include a character, that's only a small percentage.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
'm not one of the Jacqui haters, but I don't think the story itsself demands anything. As the developer, you can think about which characters you want to have in the story and create a narrative that fits for those. You need a conclusive framework, sure. But if you want character x in, you can change the story so that it works. So they could very well say "Right now the story would fit character x, but y would be more exciting, so lets switch a few things around."
Not saying they should do that with Jacqui, but from all of the reasons to include or not include a character, that's only a small percentage.
I am one of those stupid Jacqui haters but it is not about my feelings, you are right all about it. At the end of MKX they showed us Dark Raiden as a small hint of MK11's story right? Okay, they have the right to eliminate Raiden before MK11 was released but it would be a little bit absurd :D I am just saying Jacqui is the partner of our new protagonist called Cassie Cage and she had better be in.

I understand the later part. Generally, it seems like the more neutral based game is not going to be as easy to lern as MKX where you could just run in and 50/50 someone, so there's that.

thats a great point in the first part.

my problem isn't necessarily have 3-4 viable characters for top players. i have an issue with a character being top 3-5 and being extremely easy to play like dead shot or starfire. It allows players to have a main and a three day old character that can beat other top players. 2-3 years into injustice 1 i was still labbing sinestro stuff as he had a lot of depth. In injustice 2, I was very bored with the game after the first year or so since my mains had very little depth. This was also a common complaint in the tournament scene. Players were just bored.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
I am one of those stupid Jacqui haters but it is not about my feelings, you are right all about it. At the end of MKX they showed us Dark Raiden as a small hint of MK11's story right? Okay, they have the right to eliminate Raiden before MK11 was released but it would be a little bit absurd :D I am just saying Jacqui is the partner of our new protagonist called Cassie Cage and she had better be in.
That's a good point, I didn't take into account that they need to go with the framework established in the previous game. Even though they're already throwing a lot of that over the board, focussing on a time travel story with old characters, after dedicating so much of MKX to passing things to the next generation :D

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.

my problem isn't necessarily have 3-4 viable characters for top players. i have an issue with a character being top 3-5 and being extremely easy to play like dead shot or starfire. It allows players to have a main and a three day old character that can beat other top players. 2-3 years into injustice 1 i was still labbing sinestro stuff as he had a lot of depth. In injustice 2, I was very bored with the game after the first year or so since my mains had very little depth. This was also a common complaint in the tournament scene. Players were just bored.
I can fully agree on that. I don't like super cheap characters either. The main reason I like it if players have several options is that it, ideally, leads to more character variety in tournaments. That's of course not going to happen if everyone has the same top tier picks as secondaries. If the other choices are all pocket Deadshots and Starfires, it only gets more monotonous.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?

I expect that Crushing Blows will allow for a shitton of creativity, though it will of course be harder to execute in live games.