What's new

Reveals delay

NRS seems to be waaay less keen on giving out or even announcing reveals this go around. I get not wanting to spoil any cool secrets or surprises but i was kind of hoping they'd at least announce or tease upcoming reveals like they did fir MKX.

Maybe they're pissed because of the stream leak and have since decided to cut back on reveals? What's y'all's thoughts

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
Maybe they're pissed because of the stream leak and have since decided to cut back on reveals? What's y'all's thoughts
This doesn't really make any sense. Why would they be pissed at the Steam leak and take it out on the community when it came from the people doing the PC port by accident?

Furthermore, you're underestimating just how much work goes into planning and executing a marketing strategy. For example, look at the email leak from last year detailing everything they were working on for the reveal event.

They plan this stuff out months in advance. They have to make all these different reveal trailers, plan out how the Kombat Kasts are going to go, who is going to be revealed when, and so on and so on. They don't wake up on Monday morning and say "Hey do we want to do Kombat Kast this week? Who should we reveal?"

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Omg I can't stop laughing that this is front paged wow.

On topic though, at this point I'm over it and hoping the beta has at minimum eight characters, and a defined competitive mode. That's all we really need to understand anything.

EDIT: R.I.P. Front Page life. It was never allowed to live...

Last edited:

KRYS9984

Noob
What I personally find odd is the lack of content given the extremely late announcement of the game.

When MK11 was announced back in December with a release date of April 23, 2019, I initially assumed they did this with the intention to flood us with lots of information, reveals, trailers, etc... This was (in theory) a smart plan because it would keep the things extremely active over a shorter time period and ensure that the hype train was moving forward at full force.

There's certainly not a drought of information (because things are progressing) but it's definitely not at the rate I'm sure most people expected. It honestly feels like MK11 was announced over the spring / summer of 2018 and we've gotten sparse information over the past 7 - 8 months.

Btw, this is not a complaint, just an observation / opinion given the circumstance.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
The "It's Good to be Bad Trailer" came out 42 days before release. It shouldn't be too long before they'll want to start creating tons of hype. The reveal event was great, I don't doubt they have a great marketing plan trailer-wise under their sleeves.

This video alone was so hype that it sent me into a fucking frenzy anticipating the game lol.
I think this will end up being how they'll reveal most of the cast after a while, in groups like this.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
The "It's Good to be Bad Trailer" came out 42 days before release. It shouldn't be too long before they'll want to start creating tons of hype. The reveal event was great, I don't doubt they have a great marketing plan trailer-wise under their sleeves.

This video alone was so hype that it sent me into a fucking frenzy anticipating the game lol.
I think this will end up being how they'll reveal most of the cast after a while, in groups like this.

I made a point to find that song on Spotify and add it to one of my playlists. Every time I hear it, it makes me think of this trailer, which to this day is still one of the best NRS has ever done. Absolutely loved it. Here's the song for those who want to hear the full version:

Artist is TheUnder - song is Ride or Die

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob

I've been so hyped about grodd in the past. When i watch it now, it just makes me feel sad.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
We have oficially saw only 9 characters gameplay so far: the 7 from the reveal event plus Kabal and Jade .... with more or less 8 weeks to the game come out, we gotta see 16 chars gameplay yet (assuming the roster will be 25 main roster) .... so, we suppose had to be presented by NRS 2 chars per week until the date release, to fill all chars presentation .... will NRS rush things up with it schedulle on account of this ? :eek:

Raider

Noob
I have to agree. I mean there already is a lot of hype for the game i think. But they should speed things up a little bit. Even character reveals. Idk. i feel like having only 7 characters in reveal build while 4 of them being S-Z, Scorpion, Raiden and Sonya wasn't really the best idea.
Kombat Kasts are ok but they look very amateurish and they are already two characters behind. Ok, they announced Kano for the next Kombat Kast, but that's not even this week, because this week they will do mobile game Kombat Kast... i am kinda confused.

RothVI

d2 Spammer
NRS has said that they have the reveals planned out and that some reveals will come from secondary sources (Brazil event & Xbox event). Just because they aren't having Kombat Kast every day doesn't mean they're delaying reveals. Chillax.

Kombat kast arent the only way that they'll reveal things, they probably have other exclusive events planned like how they always revealed the pre ordered character on another channels stream.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
If I'm being honest the drip feeding is annoying. I thought the release window would make that stuff feel short but it feels longer somehow.
The drip feeding would be fine if it was at least a bit more steady.

We all know this game is going to be full of content, there really should be at least two new things shown a week at this rate.

Them wasting a Kast on mobile is kind of baffling since it’s not really the game and could easily just be tacked on to a regular showcase at the end.

I feel like they’re going to space some things out in huge chunks and I think that won’t be that good for the community as we’ll have too much stuff to have to dig through at a time and the forums will probably turn into a jumbled mess. I’d much prefer a constant even stream of info.

This doesn't really make any sense. Why would they be pissed at the Steam leak and take it out on the community when it came from the people doing the PC port by accident?

Furthermore, you're underestimating just how much work goes into planning and executing a marketing strategy. For example, look at the email leak from last year detailing everything they were working on for the reveal event.

They plan this stuff out months in advance. They have to make all these different reveal trailers, plan out how the Kombat Kasts are going to go, who is going to be revealed when, and so on and so on. They don't wake up on Monday morning and say "Hey do we want to do Kombat Kast this week? Who should we reveal?"
I realize that, but I'm saying they might have HAD plans to do this that got changed up with the leak. Obviously they're not going to be mad at the consumers, but definitely frustrated that all the reveal planning, etc. Was ruined because someone found and shared the leak

Btdubs this wasn't started as a complaint towards NRS, more less just a thought I had. I actually don't mine the slow reveals, just wish that when they do one, they'd provide a date or something for the next so that we know when to expect the next one instead of waiting and checking onlime every day