What's new

Restarting the match to "Save time".. Do you agree?

Do you agree with the constant quick restarts?

• Total voters
I've been noticing that people tend to restart match during supers, combos, etc to save time and begin the next match.

While many are legit K.Os during a super, there is still the possibility of a combo drop during a combo, or a combo drop after a super (harley, Greeen Arrow,)

It's kind of annoying to see them give up a match like that, when combo drops are very possible!
I don't like seeing people give up at a tourney!

I understand if they have like 20% health and they get hit with a super, restart it ig uess, but mid combo, or if the super won't kill them... why restart the match?

Don't give up until you actually get K.O'ed.

Thoughts?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Saving time was the whole point of the option being patched in was it not? lol

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
Depends on the situation.
If some one is guaranteed to be chipped out and his opponent has a sizable life lead. I think restarting is okay.
But only in situations similar to that.

Saving time was the whole point of the option being patched in was it not? lol
Right, when it's 100% guaranteed you lost, mainly during a super.

But would you give up the opportunity of a comeback as well if you get caught in a combo they may potentially drop?

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
I've been noticing that people tend to restart match during supers, combos, etc to save time and begin the next match.

While many are legit K.Os during a super, there is still the possibility of a combo drop during a combo, or a combo drop after a super (harley, Greeen Arrow,)

It's kind of annoying to see them give up a match like that, when combo drops are very possible!
I don't like seeing people give up at a tourney!

I understand if they have like 20% health and they get hit with a super, restart it ig uess, but mid combo, or if the super won't kill them... why restart the match?

Don't give up until you actually get K.O'ed.

Thoughts?
I feel like if you are competing in ANYTHING you should not just give up. You play it out until the end.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
In the words of Stiffler.... "You don't score until you score."

It's no different than in golf. A lot of people say that anything within 3 feet is a gimme and shouldn't have to be putted into the hole. If I told you how many times I saw somebody miss a 3 foot putt, I'd be here all day. Restarting the match is just downright dumb. Why? To save a few seconds because we're impatient? Really?

trufenix

bye felicia
This is easy to say from your house behind a keyboard. When you're salty cause you just blew a close one or got blown up and you just want to get to the runback, you think differently.

This is easy to say from your house behind a keyboard. When you're salty cause you just blew a close one or got blown up and you just want to get to the runback, you think differently.
No it's not. I faced a similar situation at Texas Showdown 2012 vs scar (sindel vs skarlet) and I came back and won.
I've been there, been under the stress, and I never gave up.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
No it's not. I faced a similar situation at Texas Showdown 2012 vs scar (sindel vs skarlet) and I came back and won.
Cheesy inspirational post of the year ^

haketh

Noob
You're not everyone, some need to do that quit to get themselves mentally composed, some can ride it out.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
in tourney its never a good idea, ive seen plenty of times people think the match is over and get up and the other guy comeback and win or they have a chance to comeback but give up so they dont take advantage, dont be salty just finish the match

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
I agree with these.
I'll agree with them too. Every other fighting game allows you to just restart and think of the next match in the set, so I don't think it's bad players do this at all in Injustice. Sometimes when you're beat, you're beat. You just wanna get back in and try your hand at it again, and I don't think it's about saving time, rather it's them wanting another quick crack at it.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Just because it's annoying for you does not mean they won't do as they like. Different stuff for different people.

There's no right or wrong answer, I'm just wanting to see everyone else's opinion like I shared mine.

Some are pretty interesting.

GhosT

Noob
I would use the extra few seconds to calm down and think about why I got ny ass whipped.

Rushing into the next match sometimes can mean someone is flustered salty mad etc. I don't play my best that way. I would take a second to think. Plus your giving the guy who just won a quick run back with all the momentem still there.

But seeing it happen doesn't bother me.

4x4lo8o

Noob
In tournament I don't think it has anything to do with saving time. It's a mental thing. Sure there's a chance you they could drop the combo and you could come back, but on the other hand it's kind of a momentum shift for the person losing. Go straight into the next match and start bodying them instead of sitting there for a few seconds watching your character get bodied