What's new

Resident Evil 4

This threads purpose is simply to honour Resident Evil 4 for the beast it is! Leon S. Kennedy calls all you RE fans to appreciate this godlike game...... yeah im bored hehe.. MIERDA!!

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
Been playing the hd remake that I got from the PS store. Ahhh this games so much better than re5 lol.

i love both games but re4 wins hands down. Chris can beat a boulder in a fight but leons way cooler. yeah, lovin the HD remake atm

"What're ya buyin..... stranger?"
wahaha nice quote, yeah re4 is one of the best games I played, but I never felt the survival horror feeling I got from re1 and 2, re1 is still the best.

re5 was too short and was nothing different from re4's gameplay, so not very impressive for next gen game.

what I didnt like about re4 is that there were no zombies. I want the zombies back!! enough of those las plagas, they could be side villains, but replacing zombies is something you cant do.

ANNDD I want the feeling back of having to beat 2 zombies with 3 handgun bullets hahaha

wahaha nice quote, yeah re4 is one of the best games I played, but I never felt the survival horror feeling I got from re1 and 2, re1 is still the best.

re5 was too short and was nothing different from re4's gameplay, so not very impressive for next gen game.

what I didnt like about re4 is that there were no zombies. I want the zombies back!! enough of those las plagas, they could be side villains, but replacing zombies is something you cant do.

ANNDD I want the feeling back of having to beat 2 zombies with 3 handgun bullets hahaha
I disagree, Las Plagas are a lot scarier. RE1 and 2 were great but i never really felt like i could play them over and over again. by the time RE 3 struck i was really going off RE games..
ANNDD yeah i loved how there was literally no ammo in the old games haha

BookBurning

Voidwards
I disagree, Las Plagas are a lot scarier. RE1 and 2 were great but i never really felt like i could play them over and over again. by the time RE 3 struck i was really going off RE games..
ANNDD yeah i loved how there was literally no ammo in the old games haha
A someone who has been a die hard Resident Evil fan since the 90s I have to say that I think Las Plagas are way less creepy than the original zombies. However, I think Regenerators from 4 is a candidate for the scariest monster type in the entire series. The problem that most old Resident Evil fans have is that the game isn't Resident Evil anymore; it's an action game and it's strayed far from its roots.

Out of all the games in the series, I had most fun with the Gamecube remake of Resident Evil 1, but yeah I believe 4 is altogether the "Best game" on a technical level. Also, the reason I think Las Plagas is less creepy is because of the fact that they show more intelligence than a typical T Virus infected creature. I understand that that in itself can make them more creepy to some, but really I find the feral instincts of a Hunter and the mindless instincts of a zombie more unnerving.

A someone who has been a die hard Resident Evil fan since the 90s I have to say that I think Las Plagas are way less creepy than the original zombies. However, I think Regenerators from 4 is a candidate for the scariest monster type in the entire series. The problem that most old Resident Evil fans have is that the game isn't Resident Evil anymore; it's an action game and it's strayed far from its roots.

Out of all the games in the series, I had most fun with the Gamecube remake of Resident Evil 1, but yeah I believe 4 is altogether the "Best game" on a technical level. Also, the reason I think Las Plagas is less creepy is because of the fact that they show more intelligence than a typical T Virus infected creature. I understand that that in itself can make them more creepy to some, but really I find the feral instincts of a Hunter and the mindless instincts of a zombie more unnerving.
Well I understand your point but i disagree when you say re4 has strayed far from its roots. the game is set in a dreary dark countryside plus its mainly at night. it isnt the same as previous games no, but having taken everything into consideration re4 is the better re game. its still a scary game. Re5 is where the franchise truly changed (for the worse imo)

BookBurning

Voidwards
Well we can both agree on 5 being the downside, and yeah I'll agree 4 is ultimately the better game out all of them. The problem I had is sure the countryside is dreary but because it's full of mass enemies coming at you, it somewhat nullifies the ominous feel that the old Resident Evils had and also detracts from the environment. Also what they did to Wesker (Albeit he is awesome.) I really liked the old version of Wesker much better.

Well we can both agree on 5 being the downside, and yeah I'll agree 4 is ultimately the better game out all of them. The problem I had is sure the countryside is dreary but because it's full of mass enemies coming at you, it somewhat nullifies the ominous feel that the old Resident Evils had and also detracts from the environment. Also what they did to Wesker (Albeit he is awesome.) I really liked the old version of Wesker much better.
I know what you mean. i guess thats something that the old games have that re4 doesnt. that doesnt mean that mass enemies coming at you isnt scary. i still feel tense when im backed into a corner with a shotgun lolz. also i thought (and still think) the castle area of the game was extremely well done. and wesker is awesome no matter what hehe!! COMPLETE GLOBAL SATURATION

I bought this day 1 and don't regret it, the only RE's I've played are RE1, I'm not even going to bother with 5 because it's not even an RE anymore.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
RE 1-4 are all great, man...I wish 5 didn't suck so hard. What a disappointment that game was! But hey, we learned that Chris can punch boulders without breaking his hands and wrists! So, that was pretty impressive!

You go Chris, fuck those boulders up!

RE5 was a great game.
it was a good game, but also a big dissapointment at the same time, it was the first re game(next gen) after so many years. But the fact that i finished the game within 7 hours is something I hate, the other thing was that they didnt really add something new to it, just better graphics, re4 and 5 should be the other way around. And i also never liked the fact that wesker got ssj powers. RE 3 was indeed the worst game in its series, they shouldve never killed off raccoon city.

Edit Post: BTW dont forget code veronica!!

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
RE5 was terrible

RE2>RE1>RE4>RE3

just my preference

though RE4 is one of the greatest games ever

RE4 was amazing, and a welcome change to the series. One of the best games ever.

RE5 felt like a mildly retarded fan won a "design the next RE game!" contest.