What's new

reptile vs Sonya

[MENTION=1465]xxteefxx[/MENTION] [MENTION=3775]A F0xy Grampa[/MENTION]
Okay two of you enough o.o I'd have to agree with Foxy here. I think I've proven just a bit enough that I play Reptile at a High level. But, Foxy is absolutely right on everything he said. I've been playing Foxy's sonya, It is absolutely in Sonyas Favor. The only times I could even touch or even beat his sonya is this: I play reptile as a full rush down, which is why I could not win against Sonya. Sonya plays a full Rush down game as well, and it Out plays reptile. EX cart wheel, dive kick, the Raygun, Stops everything I have to come with more Pressure. The best way to go at this is that it seems like you Must Zone. The best thing to do Is zone sonya and DO NOT let her get her rush down started and bait the cart wheels.. Its a very hard match up, in my opinion I would say 8-2 Sonyas favor, because she has absolutely every advantage, although the match up is not impossible, Maybe there could be a Reptile strategy..

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Okay two of you enough o.o I'd have to agree with Foxy here. I think I've proven just a bit enough that I play Reptile at a High level. But, Foxy is absolutely right on everything he said. I've been playing Foxy's sonya, It is absolutely in Sonyas Favor. The only times I could even touch or even beat his sonya is this: I play reptile as a full rush down, which is why I could not win against Sonya. Sonya plays a full Rush down game as well, and it Out plays reptile. EX cart wheel, dive kick, the Raygun, Stops everything I have to come with more Pressure. The best way to go at this is that it seems like you Must Zone. The best thing to do Is zone sonya and DO NOT let her get her rush down started and bait the cart wheels.. Its a very hard match up, in my opinion I would say 8-2 Sonyas favor, because she has absolutely every advantage, although the match up is not impossible, Maybe there could be a Reptile strategy..
I noticed there was a way to break armor with rep, but idk much about it yet and i have to look into it more, but even if it works it would still be tricky against sonya. I finally got a chance to play a very good sonya (blake's he is a stellar player) and its a nightmare, but im delving into this matchup just because i feel there is something we are all missing that could help, idk why i feel that way though lol.

Sent from Gotham City via the Batcomputer

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Not an 8-2, its that you try to dash as an answer to everything so it gets you killed, the less you dash an the more you think the harder time I have.

IMO the dash is better used for movement and punishing normals that miss, not for the sake of just dashing.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Not an 8-2, its that you try to dash as an answer to everything so it gets you killed, the less you dash an the more you think the harder time I have.

IMO the dash is better used for movement and punishing normals that miss, not for the sake of just dashing.
Yeah 8-2 is just ridiculous.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
sigh*.....taking a deep breath*
:facepalm:

okay foxy. i apologize for being very strict in the post. though i dont see that i am trying to prove you wrong...period! your the one who' tryin to prove that what i said is wrong and every time u bring an evidence i counter it. and now it led to this cry baby scene from both of us. i am simply correcting some stuff you said , were u say they are completely advantagious from sonya...while they are not.

all i said is, yes this is a horrible match for reptile! fully agree that it can even reach 6 - 4. but the reasons u stated proved nothing and were VERY errilevant to why the match up is bad. in fact, i out stated you in a lot of sntences and tell now i bet you dont have the answer for them. if you do, them shoot em up.

i am dis agreeing because your mentioning, possibilities, Reactions, opponent mistakes, and PROBABILITY of traps depending if opponent know them or not. i am basing on actual fact with proves as well.
reactions, and probabilities are nothing when it comes to basics of why the bracket of this matchup is what it is. technically in my posts are based on everyone is equal, were everything is back and forth. not if opponent made a mistake and other countered it.

and yes, this is not the first time that i explain a matchup to anyone at all...in fact i explained this plenty of times. in fact, i helped other sonyas on how to counter reptile match up :S.....like i dont mind explaining. but what i do mind is weak evidence, or " I AM KNOWN THAT I DID THAT" or " I AMIN THIS CHAR...etc"
it comes to a conclusion that the writer with those words doesnt have much back up info to put down with his seige. Making his battlefeild weak and easily spotted for mistakes.

again, please no hard feeling foxy, and i apologize if i did. but i see that i did nothing wrong with my backed up proves. in fact, i believe i was able to answer correctly as on defense to all reptile player.
arent you doin the same with sonya? defending her that she has the matchup down? i am not dis agreeing on that....but i am slightly dis agreenig with the facts i brought.

and no i dont main sonya....but i assure you that there's not a single char in the game that i am not aware of from top to bottom! even there matchups or in general their matchups against other. the same assurance you stated were you knwo this matchup very well. so how come i dont have the chance for that as well? or is it just one sided favored your side? :)...kinda unfair man

so i will leave the sonya part for you. it's X mas, so cheer my friend....lets say i will by pass your words for now and i shall not argue bout them again cause there're no point in that.

By the looks of it you clearly havent taken spacing into account what so ever"

not nagging on you....but have you as well :)?

also, you mained sonya and then you used the phrase i probably know her better than you...etc. no i dont i bet, and i bet your waay better sonya than me. but why would'nt i say the same?
why did you put the fact that you know everything in the matchup and i dont? based on what? and when i reply to you, you surrendered with this saying.....the world doesnt just revolve around you my friend, it passes by us all, one by one as well.

And all your answers are just 'well I wouldnt do that, blah blah blah.' Well wtf would you do then because his options are running pretty fucking slim if you sit there and do nothing.

hmmmm...ty for the blah blah blah. and sorry for the wall txt, but i always try to be as detailed as possible so i can cover everything about the mentioned situation.
her option are not running slim at all...i said they are 5 - 5! read up carefully again please. you still didnt answer many of the stuff i mentioned....i wonder why!
for example, you said stuff that i didnt say, and i asked you to show me were did i post that.....and tell now i didnt recieve anything.
the match is very 5 - 5 outside of sweep distance......that's why sonya has advantage over reptile.
reptle in general needs to be VERY offensive in order to kill. him being close to sonya is an issue! thus making reptile rushdown VERY VERY risky thing. though, doesnt mean it's 5 - 5 outside this bracket.

and the reason why reptile will advance med and full in my opinion, is because of his mix up FB, as well as his golden armor

"He's obviously mained her longer than me and discovered some super secret power behind her D1 that makes her amazing vs Reptile or some shit LOL"

alright...lets see, up on the posts Foxy you mentioned that d+4 is a great footsie that stuff elbow dash and any other footsies by reptile. because of her d+4 as well as her dive kicks.
while those two are VERY footsie reaction random base that has no place for actuality and frame content....but , u agreed that it stuff elbow dash? cr+4 from distance? when you take control of your distance?

so how come you agree with that, but when i say something that is 100% correct about d+1 stuffing elbow dash up close, it becomes a mockery of a super tick?

lets take a look at frame data
cr+1 = 6 frames
cr+4 = 12 frames
Elbow dash = 6 frames and active on the 7th.

now from a distance, footsie cr+4 will stuff elbow dash, but d+1 wont?

come on...... are you good at math man? if so, this wont be hard at all to understand or even try it out yourself in practice mode :S.. in fact, which is harder to do? stuffing elbow dash form a distance with cr+4, or stuffing elbow dash in close with cr+1?

care that reptile cr+1 and cr+3 are 11 and 13 respectivley. and his EX slide is 12. so what makes more logic to you?

in conclusion, YES!! d+1 is anti reptile.....goddamit reptile cant do shit in close pressure with a mix up of cr+1 on safe strings , mix ups and baits!
unless you found another way were reptile can counter opponent with a specific move or normal...which i would GLADLY love to have , or know so i can improve my game against sonya.

anyways foxy. again i apologize if i was offensive, but you started the war first with some of your saying. please dont have any hard feelings. and no! i shall not consider myself a better sonya player than you. but also, no need to get to this line man...it's a forum, we are mature.

take care and merry x mas. i shall not bother you anymore with posts.
If only everyone was as mild mannered and pleasant on the interwebss...

Good man, good man...

Justice

Noob
In my experience with Reptile, I actually have a hard time with him. But that's more the AI randomness than anything. From playing other players though, there are a few things Reptile can do.

During fullscreen: Sonya will want to trade rings for meter and attain life lead. One thing I have noticed Reptile players do here is the old "Street Fighter trick" and send out a slow forceball followed immediately by a fast forceball. Once the slow fb is on the screen, it gives Reptile time to get the fast fb out, allowing for ducks or jumps as the player chooses. Then the fast fb comes out forcing Sonya on the defensive, if only for a moment. Not a huge window of opportunity, but it's there.

At midscreen: Time to play mind games. You have to make Sonya fear retribution from Dash and Slide. Your biggest chance here is forcing Sonya into a whiffed string or Kartwheel.

@A F0xy Grandpa: The one thing I will say to you is merely to throw your own words back at you. In your guide you talk about Sonya's footsy and mind games out of MS then you come here and post that MSf1 is bad because it can be jumped out of. Making people fear MS includes the fear of ducking or getting an f1 or an attack throw as a response. If the player makes the right read, sure they sail right over you. It might not be the preferred option, but keeping Reptile on the defensive and guessing the ultimate goal.

:focus: This matchup is more about beating the player than the character. Psyche him/her out and the match is yours.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends

Not gonna lie...Muggers this is one of the things I noticed playing you a while back. But yeah, this ain't a 8-2 Sonya, nor is it a 7-3, but it's definitely not even.

Not gonna lie...Muggers this is one of the things I noticed playing you a while back. But yeah, this ain't a 8-2 Sonya, nor is it a 7-3, but it's definitely not even.
Yeah, actually my dashing got cut down TONS. The reason why I dash on you on block sometimes is because Im trying to get through your strings, but your just baiting me. And Yeah i did learn my lesson on that, I was fighting other sonyas and was Zoning and not relying on the dash and it worked much better. But the reason why it seems like I dash OVERLY much is because i play a full rushdown, and everytime if you jump i WILL always double dash to punish because it always hits. and once the dash is ove im able to throw an EH forceball for pressure, but on Sonya it doesn't work like that, you gotta back off from the cart wheel.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Yeah, actually my dashing got cut down TONS. The reason why I dash on you on block sometimes is because Im trying to get through your strings, but your just baiting me.
Im glad im not the only one this was happening to lol.

Reptile's sweep makes all of Sonya's wake up attacks to whiff (except maybe kiss, but you can recover in time to block it). Sweep looks punishable though.