What's new

Match-up Discussion Reptile vs Cage Matchup Discussion

McNasty

Moist.
So the deal with punishing d1 with dash is you have to stand block the d1 to punish it from my experience. I need to do more testing with doing specials out of crouch cause it could be me not buffering bf2 fast enough from holding down but I also suspect that the added frames from crouch block>stand block>release block>dash input closes up the window that is available.

If anyone has offline casuals in the near future have someone d1 you to death for a few matches and try the standing vs crouch and report back. Then try to scout a d1 and do it in match its tough as hell especially since if you stand block for the chance of a d1 they can just d3 and continue pressure.

I really hope reptile of the future is capable of doing this consistently I strongly believe it would change his game a lot.

a good reptile wont let cage get in and will realize the dash is forces cage to make a read in his pressure which can get you back to zoning your ass off, and if you set your pressure up right he wont be getting in on it.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Punishing d1 with dash from crouch isnt bad if you crouch block by pressing down and not down-back. You just have to be used to holding down directly when you block.