What's new

General/Other - Reptile REPTILE PATCH 8-31-2015 DISCUSSION

4x4lo8o

Noob
Also I got this glitch where I would do f412 mb invis on block and sometimes the mb invis animation would activate but he wouldn't go invisible. This happen to anyone else ?
If theres a ball on screen, you will stop the ball instead of getting invisibility.
Also, it doesn't have to be actually "on the screen". It can be past your opponent and not visible past the edge of the screen but still active and cause this to happen. The animation looks like you tried to go invisible and failed and it's confusing because you can't see that the ball stopped. Happened to me a couple times today

Last edited:

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Also, it doesn't have to be actually "on the screen". It can be past your opponent and not visible past the edge of the screen but still active and cause this will happen. The animation looks like you tried to go invisible and failed and it's confusing because you can't see that the ball stopped. Happened to me a couple times today
I guess that's the side effect of Floating Ball being DD + Block instead of FDB.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
What do you guys do if your opponent continually blocks your F421 string? I've added ex invisible & then grab but its not a lot of damage for 1 bar & doesn't feel worth it. It seems if you block the F421 string he seems weak.

He should have kept his ex dash from mk9 so that you could continue the pressure instead of hitting a blocking opponent.

Anyway this is based on me.

What do you guys do?

Cheers

4x4lo8o

Noob
Can i find anywhere list of ACTUAL Reptile Deceptive BnB`s?
Meterless
1Bar
Corner
Air to air
NJP
What do you mean by actual BnBs? Are you saying that you'd like easier ones than the ones in the combo thread?

What do you guys do if your opponent continually blocks your F421 string? I've added ex invisible & then grab but its not a lot of damage for 1 bar & doesn't feel worth it. It seems if you block the F421 string he seems weak.

He should have kept his ex dash from mk9 so that you could continue the pressure instead of hitting a blocking opponent.

Anyway this is based on me.

What do you guys do?

Cheers
If they're respecting your f4 string you need to mix them up. Start going for either throws or b3/b2 in situations where you normally go for f4. You can also try f4~slide, f412~pounce, and f412~slide to mix things up. Those are unsafe and more gimmicky though.
When you do f412 invis you can also go for the overhead/low mixup instead of throw if you're hoping for more damage. Also after the throw when you're invisible try to keep the pressure on and take advantage of your Invisibility. Put up a force ball and run or slide in or just zone depending on the match up.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
What do you mean by actual BnBs? Are you saying that you'd like easier ones than the ones in the combo thread?

If they're respecting your f4 string you need to mix them up. Start going for either throws or b3/b2 in situations where you normally go for f4. You can also try f4~slide, f412~pounce, and f412~slide to mix things up. Those are unsafe and more gimmicky though.
When you do f412 invis you can also go for the overhead/low mixup instead of throw if you're hoping for more damage. Also after the throw when you're invisible try to keep the pressure on and take advantage of your Invisibility. Put up a force ball and run or slide in or just zone depending on the match up.
B2 is an option I always forget about so il try to use that a bit more after the ex invisible.

I play VS a guy that knows how to block the strings & he uses SZ cryo, so I can't throw out FB ever or I get hit with the slide.

It would be cool if Ex Claw actually hit overhead like a proper 50\50 does or his FB went a bit lower so that they can't be slid under.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
B2 is an option I always forget about so il try to use that a bit more after the ex invisible.

I play VS a guy that knows how to block the strings & he uses SZ cryo, so I can't throw out FB ever or I get hit with the slide.

It would be cool if Ex Claw actually hit overhead like a proper 50\50 does or his FB went a bit lower so that they can't be slid under.
Reptile has setups off of regular claw now that lets you forceball safely. Anytime you can end a juggle with claw at a high point, you should be able to forceball, and Sub can't slide it. That matchup in general is one where forceballs in neutral are extremely difficult to do generally.

Just doing f412 ex invis is great because you're plus, and you're invisible. Your opponent can't space you properly, which has always been the amazing part of invisibility. Even if you aren't landing hits, it's always worth it to be invisible.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Reptile has setups off of regular claw now that lets you forceball safely. Anytime you can end a juggle with claw at a high point, you should be able to forceball, and Sub can't slide it. That matchup in general is one where forceballs in neutral are extremely difficult to do generally.

Just doing f412 ex invis is great because you're plus, and you're invisible. Your opponent can't space you properly, which has always been the amazing part of invisibility. Even if you aren't landing hits, it's always worth it to be invisible.
I've only just moved from Noxious to Deceptive so I'm not to sure of the does & donts just yet apart from don't do FB within sliding distance. Cheers for the advice, I think I'd win a hell of alot more Vs my mate if they hadn't have giving SZ a massive buff.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I've only just moved from Noxious to Deceptive so I'm not to sure of the does & donts just yet apart from don't do FB within sliding distance. Cheers for the advice, I think I'd win a hell of alot more Vs my mate if they hadn't have giving SZ a massive buff.
Sub in general just gives Reptile issues. It's not a Sub getting buffed thing, it's just a clash in character design...it's amplified if the Sub uses GM, too.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
yep love it, every string is safe with claw pounce -7, and claw swipe at-6... best part was that Floating ball switch to DD+blk so much easier! dont understnad how Raidens was basically the same and it was easy as FUQ but how ever they did it im glad... nice to see the Reptile love!

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Sub in general just gives Reptile issues. It's not a Sub getting buffed thing, it's just a clash in character design...it's amplified if the Sub uses GM, too.
I could risk abit more before the buff knowing that Sub couldn't hurt me to badly, now I have to adjust & not be so reckless or I'll eat a 48% combo.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Can anybody tell me if you can F421 bf2 12 F421 FB vs Sub & when he slides under the FB can you do an Ex invisible to absorb the hit & combo off it?

I can't try it at the minute.

Cheers

Something cool I discovered playing against a bunch of shinnok, you can slide through his hell sparks if timed right. I was doing it with regular and ex. It's funny. No longer should he be keeping you at max range hs distance

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Can anybody tell me if you can F421 bf2 12 F421 FB vs Sub & when he slides under the FB can you do an Ex invisible to absorb the hit & combo off it?

I can't try it at the minute.

Cheers
No because you'll stop the ball instead. And whats the point just block lol

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
No because you'll stop the ball instead. And whats the point just block lol
Ahrite forgot about the ball stopping. The point is tho that you throw the FB out Sub will slide under it & either hit you or it will put him right infront of you.

I play online BTW

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Ahrite forgot about the ball stopping. The point is tho that you throw the FB out Sub will slide under it & either hit you or it will put him right infront of you.

I play online BTW
I think you can block it now. If not then just finish with a slide, then do the corpse hop or back away and start your zoning game.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
I think you can block it now. If not then just finish with a slide, then do the corpse hop or back away and start your zoning game.
Yeah I can block it offline, online makes me not want to fire out a FB at all after a combo, I get hit with it everytime. I've started dashing after the combo now & then block low to try & bait it. Just learning Reptile so I'll take a while.

Cheers

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Yeah I can block it offline, online makes me not want to fire out a FB at all after a combo, I get hit with it everytime. I've started dashing after the combo now & then block low to try & bait it. Just learning Reptile so I'll take a while.

Cheers
But frame data is the same offline or online, why would you get hit out of it online and not offline?