What's new

Reptile now 100% not in MK11?

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
We'll probably see Reptile in story mode but I think he'll completely sit this one out. Then everyone can lose their shit when they see how cool he looks in MK12, just like Baraka in MK11.

Absence makes the heart grow Fonder.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Yea a fukn acid spitting lizard is better than the terminator even though a lot of people asked for the terminator...Nice try
1. The Terminator is overrated.

But let's assume that he isn't... Kano isn't out here being a full metal man under his skin, he's not morphing his body or walking through walls so... he's not a terminator.

He throws knives and chokes people. Hell he barely even ever uses his one cool feature (eye laser). So nah, invisibilty and acid shenanigans are definitely >>>> kano.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Why not both? Kano and Reptile both have cool features, unlike some bratty teenagers only made to please the new generation of bubblegum chewing, mobile addicted girls. (lol)

Cassie Cyrus

Why the hell are you protecting Kano like he is your child?

Let it go that many people piss on him. He will piss on them April 23, really, watch his intro...

No need to take Reptile down though, hes just as cool as Kano.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
Reptile's a tragic character. All he wants is to be with his own people again. He's alone in this world and he doesn't desire power, just companionship. He serves evil people for false hope and empty promises because he's so incredibly lonely he'll do anything for a family. He could actually be a compelling character if NRS wrote their stories on something other than a paper napkin.

Jeremy KO

*insert kotal kahn gibberish here*
Could it be perhaps that Reptile has become the host body for Onaga again and is the secret final boss/unlockable character?

Reptile is by far more interesting than the 80% characters of the franchise. NRS have mistreated him again and again. Like you say, people create their opinions based on what NRS decide, and want people to think.
Cmon, Johnny cage is a character perfectly replaceable since first game, but NRS make of him an "icon" since MK9 they have given him an exaggerated protagonism, even saturate the trailers with stupid scenes "supposedly funny" to make people think that he is an interesting character.
IDK if that is based on the Developers favourites, and no one likes reptile in the entire NRS... but is so sadly how they waste characters that doesnt need that plus of protagonism (like JC) to be an interesting character.
This time Reptile was sacrificed to justify that erron black is part of the roster, because men with guns we already have a lot in the game.
Reptile was the least played character in X, Johnny was the 4th. Why would they ever include Reptile over him.

Reptile was the least played character in X, Johnny was the 4th. Why would they ever include Reptile over him.
Because gameplay can be changed, obviously if you put all your efforts to make a character fanservice like JC he is being to be popular, that doesnt mean that he deserve the spot more than reptile. You quote my message but its like you dont understand a shit about it.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Because gameplay can be changed
Gameplay has nothing to do with why Johnny continues to be one of the most popular characters in the franchise, and Reptile and Kano were two of the least played characters in MKX. Reptile and Kano were both higher tier characters than him.

obviously if you put all your efforts to make a character fanservice like JC he is being to be popular, that doesnt mean that he deserve the spot more than reptile.
Erron Black and Ferra/Torr were not "fanserviced" whatsoever by MKX. In fact they actually managed to be less important to MKX's story than Reptile. It was very difficult to do that, but they managed.

Their pickrates are higher than Reptile's.

Erron Black and Ferra/Torr were both lower tier competitive characters than Reptile.

Erron Black and Ferra/Torr are both brand new characters who don't have decades of nostalgia and iconic-ness propping up their popularity.

Sorry, dude. Reptile just sucks. I'd like for that to not be the case. Maybe once NRS's tech gets good enough that they can make him as freaky and animalistic as their original MKX concept art intended, that'll change. Then he'll be a truly unique character and bring something to the table that nobody else does. Until then your opinion will remain in the minority.

Cassie Cyrus

no, Dalia (Edenian Goddess) should be the plant character, she even has a name as a dutch flower.

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
no, Dalia (Edenian Goddess) should be the plant character, she even has a name as a dutch flower.
Delia was actually mortal and not a goddess. Taven and Daegon(her sons) are Demi-gods. She was a sorceress/seer who possibly controlled fire, as her nickname was Lady of Flame . So i also doubt plant magic would be her thing and she'd actually be another Fire character. Also might hint at why Taven and Daegon both use fire attacks. She's also the one who created Blaze.

Cassie Cyrus

Delia was actually mortal and not a goddess. Taven and Daegon(her sons) are Demi-gods. She was a sorceress/seer who possibly controlled fire, as her nickname was Lady of Flame . So i also doubt plant magic would be her thing and she'd actually be another Fire character. Also might hint at why Taven and Daegon both use fire attacks. She's also the one who created Blaze.
I mean, it wouldn't be the first time they mess up the story and abilities of characters.

Also Delia/Dalia is dead, so she could gain plant abilities after being re-born of whatever.

Still another choice for a non-ninja plant character would be a female aztec warrior related to Kotal.

BS3OOO

Noob
I'm in the minority (in more ways than one), but I could do without Reptile for a game. Blame it on NRS or whoever, but he hasn't peaked my interest since MK3 or something. It was all downhill after MK4.

But I could also do without Cassie Cage, Sonya, Jacqui, or Kano. Jax would've been included. but he looks cool as hell in this game. I would much rather see them revamp some of the characters from the 3D era. Havik, Hotaru, Kai, Reiko, Blaze, Taven, Shujinko, etc. Drahmin's ball of flies was a joke, but he still has one of the coolest designs in MK, and I would love to see him revamped.

Gameplay has nothing to do with why Johnny continues to be one of the most popular characters in the franchise, and Reptile and Kano were two of the least played characters in MKX. Reptile and Kano were both higher tier characters than him.

Erron Black and Ferra/Torr were not "fanserviced" whatsoever by MKX. In fact they actually managed to be less important to MKX's story than Reptile. It was very difficult to do that, but they managed.

Erron Black and Ferra/Torr were both lower tier competitive characters than Reptile.

Erron Black and Ferra/Torr are both brand new characters who don't have decades of nostalgia and iconic-ness propping up their popularity.

Sorry, dude. Reptile just sucks. I'd like for that to not be the case. Maybe once NRS's tech gets good enough that they can make him as freaky and animalistic as their original MKX concept art intended, that'll change. Then he'll be a truly unique character and bring something to the table that nobody else does. Until then your opinion will remain in the minority.
Once more time, JC is a fanservice character, thats the reason why he is played, most people go for the mainstream.
If you put erron black, ferra and reptile in the same sac, the 3 are shit but the 2 new characters are more interesting to try than an old character treated as garbage since mk trilogy.
You speak like its reptile fault to be a low interest character, repeating like a retard "he was the least played character" ... thats incredible, with that logic jacqui briggs must be the greatest newcomer of all time and she deserves a spot in all future games alongside with scorpion and sub zero.
When Boon called jacqui a "fan favourite" people laughed, incredible that some people uses the same logic as him to classify characters.