What's new

Match-up Discussion Reptile Matchup Discussion Thread

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Okay...so Reptile vs. CSZ is 5-5

I want to get some insight on how you tricky lizards handle this match-up.

I know Reptile has to be wary of the parry (lolrhyme) when dashing like a lunatic...but this match-up is so foreign to me since I am a masochist and pick Kitana against Reptile 90% of the time.

I know Reptile has to be wary of the parry (lolrhyme) when dashing like a lunatic...but this match-up is so foreign to me since I am a masochist and pick Kitana against Reptile 90% of the time.
I bait dives, or dive reads with ex force ball. Also rarely dash him. I dash up close and do lots of d4 variations...acid hand, or forceball.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash

This match is all about footsies considering CSZ can parry dash and divekick over the forceballs.

However I think Reptile can punish Divekick with dash and d4 acid hand is really annoying for CSZ.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
I bait dives, or dive reads with ex force ball. Also rarely dash him. I dash up close and do lots of d4 variations...acid hand, or forceball.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
I see...thanks!

This match is all about footsies considering CSZ can parry dash and divekick over the forceballs.

However I think Reptile can punish Divekick with dash and d4 acid hand is really annoying for CSZ.
Yes, Reptile can get in a dash, but I THINK CSZ can parry d4xxAcid Hand. not toooo sure gotta test it out.

Spirit Guide

Friend Gang
Why Sonya? That doesn't seem accurate enough of an observation to me. But then again, your the tournament player so my opinion is obsolete. So tell your reasoning behind your choice because I'm itching to know. I don't see how Sonya is his worst match-up.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
I 2nd Sonya.

Spirit Guide because dive kicks beat forceballs for full combo. Dive kick can even catch you mid dash for a full combo. She punishes dash on block very easily as well. She doesn't care about charged forceballs because she has EX cartwheel.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Because Reptile has trouble zoning her, as well as playing footsies or applying pressure.

Reptile's projectiles can be divekicked on reaction if done from jump distance. She really outdoes Reptile from up close as well. But he has to be close enough for her to jump his projectiles in order to reliably trade with her rings or set up forceballs. It's really hard for Reptile.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Yeah from my experience Sonya, Mileena & Freddy are the only matchups that could be worse than a 4.5-5.5

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Sonya doesn't appeal to me at all. Hmmm... I guess I'll use Sub for this match up. With Sub it seems to be even.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Sonya doesn't appeal to me at all. Hmmm... I guess I'll use Sub for this match up. With Sub it seems to be even.
It is, You just have to respect all of Reptile's options when pressuring, and also don't try to projectile battle from full screen.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I'll never understand why people think Freddy is a problem for Reptile.
He's not that big of a problem, but if he gets Reptile full screen, that's when it can get difficult. Reptile has it easier than any other non-teleport character, though, in that after ground spike, he has a free dash to midscreen or closer. Also, due to dash's speed, Freddy can't 100% abuse NMS. He'll just get dashed.

I think people just need more patience lol.