What's new

Tech Reptile Low Combo Starters, 50/50s and More

Cool video. Slide is the only really useful low launcher since b4 can be fuzzied.

Ex slowball is seriously the best tool ever. It puts you in control of the pace of the match, prevents players from armoring through your zoning, makes a lot of risky options much safer, gives you some airtight frame traps, and to top it all off the opponent has to be aware that you can slide them for a full combo at certain times. I even did an anti-breaker combo with it today similar to Cyrax's anti-breaker combos. Using ex slowball for all its potential takes a lot of practice but it's too good to ignore :)
Yeh, setting all these combos up on a stationary target at a predetermined distance is easy. Doing it on the fly is what makes it hard. I don't expect them to just stand there full screen while they let me dash in for pressure. They will be using all there tools to avoid these setups and everyone tools are so different you need a game plan for every character. Launching them with a slide is difficult in a real match because you need perfect spacing and timing of the slide and the force ball. Which is hard to obtain when they are jumping, teleporting, dashing and so on. It definitely takes a while to master using the ex force ball.

against an actual human opponent you cant dash after slide if he doesnt roll.. so a lot of this stuff wouldnt work..
I just tested it . It definitely works against a human opponent. You have to enter the dash in quickly so when they are in the frames where they are getting up the dash will not be blocked. If you enter the dash in late then the it will be blocked.
i like to f2 cancel into something after i hit them with a slide since its guaranteed if they dont roll or wake up
Yeh I just tried that out it seems like a really good option.

I'm from Canada, I'm not this person you are talking about.
Let's see...just registered here. Obviously not new to the game. Posting similiar reptile gimmicks as mm. Using the same editing techniques as mm. And you really aren't that interested in the fact ppl think you are mm, a person you say you've never heard despite being proficient with his character and wouldn't be so without visiting tym at some point. Got ya.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Let's see...just registered here. Obviously not new to the game. Posting similiar reptile gimmicks as mm. Using the same editing techniques as mm. And you really aren't that interested in the fact ppl think you are mm, a person you say you've never heard despite being proficient with his character and wouldn't be so without visiting tym at some point. Got ya.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
I'm going to laugh so hard if this dude checks out, but idk what the chances of that are tbh. Actually I'll still laugh if he doesn't so it doesn't matter.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Okay, guys, enough with the harping. The IPs are way off, so yeah.

Either way, nice job. I do believe there was a post a while ago about some of these setups, though. Maybe not down to the T, but I remember them from somewhere.

Eh SnOwY

PC FGC
Okay, guys, enough with the harping. The IPs are way off, so yeah.

Either way, nice job. I do believe there was a post a while ago about some of these setups, though. Maybe not down to the T, but I remember them from somewhere.

... you can change IP just like that using proxy... OK OK i quit this sorry >__>

Whatever, I just thought it would be swag to launch someone off a drop kick since it is his coolest move. (that and the 1+2 after the 2f3)

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I once posted a swag combo a while back but got deleted :( 321 dash njp, 4 ex acid hand, dash, 4 exffb, sfb, 321 slide 52% with jip

mooms

Banned
I really liked this video, Except to be honest a lot of this can be dodged in real time matches. Such as, Rains Super armor Round house. He could just cancel it and Full combo punish you, maybe the drop kick would avoid that but you get the point. Kabals super dash.
The only useful set-ups for me to implement into my game is probably the EH slow ball, dash and 124 slide. that looks like a useful set up. and the 122 Invisibility. Thanks for the tech.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
I really liked this video, Except to be honest a lot of this can be dodged in real time matches. Such as, Rains Super armor Round house. He could just cancel it and Full combo punish you, maybe the drop kick would avoid that but you get the point. Kabals super dash.
The only useful set-ups for me to implement into my game is probably the EH slow ball, dash and 124 slide. that looks like a useful set up. and the 122 Invisibility. Thanks for the tech.
Well you could armor out of everything, I think what you should take away is the timing of the exSFB.