What's new

Tech Reptile Low Combo Starters, 50/50s and More

Some low and overhead combo starters 50/50s and more

The situation where you put a force ball up and your opponent just stands there and blocks wont come up often. But if they do you have some these options to try. Once they are conditioned to not stand there and block (like almost everyone else does) you can now react to or read their moves as they try to avoid the force balls by jumping teleporting, dashing etc. Which of course everyone does already, but if they dont you have these options.

After a back 1, after JIP 12, if you do the ex force ball you are absolutely free to JIP full combos.

Kinda risky, but nice.
Yeah the slide to the back 4 or acid hand is borderline useless. But I'm curious to see if after a blocked slide that the following slow ex force ball will prevent the opponent from punishing it in some of the scenarios. The only thing I like is the mixup after a block JIP 12.
I hope you're not Muffin Muggers, Lol.
I have heard of that name a lot in these past few days. Not sure who that is, but not me.
more reptile tech?

someone IP check him...
To be fair what I posted yesterday wasn't tech so lets all just forget about that. Lol.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
I have heard of that name a lot in these past few days. Not sure who that is, but not me.
He was an online player who came here posting useless tech, saying he was 'teh b3st' reptile, even though he never went to a tournament/actually won something that mattered to anyone. He would often argue with people who were way better than him. He got banned because he had multiple accounts that posted in his own threads, giving him props and throwing shit to other players. But it was all him.

He was an online player who came here posting useless tech, saying he was 'teh b3st' reptile, even though he never went to a tournament/actually won something that mattered to anyone. He would often argue with people who were way better than him. He got banned because he had multiple accounts that posted in his own threads, giving him props and throwing shit to other players. But it was all him.
Well I am an online reptile player, who has never been to a tournament and just posted useless "tech" yesterday.
Was Muggers from Canada this guy is from Canada. Lol.
Eh.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Well I am an online reptile player, who has never been to a tournament and just posted useless "tech" yesterday.
Oh not at all, he's convinced he's the best Reptile player in the world, he'll argue with you about it. I mean he used to call 12b1 a reset, he didn't even understand basic terminology. It was fantastic, he had a huge ego and nothing to back it up.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Oh not at all, he's convinced he's the best Reptile player in the world, he'll argue with you about it. I mean he used to call 12b1 a reset, he didn't even understand basic terminology. It was fantastic, he had a huge ego and nothing to back it up.
A lot like you...

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
A lot like you...
I do have a huge ego LBSH, but I've never said I'm teh best ;) even though I've placed higher than you in majors and I can probably baby 99.999999% of MK players LBSSSH

Wait Squeaker ARE YOU MUFFIN MUGGERS?!?!?! CHECK HIS IP!!

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
I do have a huge ego LBSH, but I've never said I'm teh best ;) even though I've placed higher than you in majors and I can probably baby 99.999999% of MK players LBSSSH

Wait Squeaker ARE YOU MUFFIN MUGGERS?!?!?! CHECK HIS IP!!
I'm da bes'

I 10-0 babied you online. Stay free.

Testing tech against random Ranked Matches online <
K thanks. The only thing I tested was putting the AI on standing block and doing the EX slow force ball > elbow dash > JIP > 12b1. Then I would quickly pause it and set the AI to expert and do an EX fast force ball. I only tested this on Kabal and it beat out all his Ex special moves and a lot of his normals or at least traded with them to where you could get back up and continue the combo. Sometimes it even beat out his X ray.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
K thanks. The only thing I tested was putting the AI on standing block and doing the EX slow force ball > elbow dash > JIP > 12b1. Then I would quickly pause it and set the AI to expert and do an EX fast force ball. I only tested this on Kabal and it beat out all his Ex special moves and a lot of his normals or at least traded with them to where you could get back up and continue the combo. Sometimes it even beat out his X ray.
Yea, try it on Ranked or a with a friend online if there isn't anyone that plays offline near you. The AI doesn't get the extra frames of invincibility like players do.

Yea, try it on Ranked or a with a friend online if there isn't anyone that plays offline near you. The AI doesn't get the extra frames of invincibility like players do.
I thought these extra invincibility frames were only not on wakeup in training mode. Where else are they not? I think i only beat out Kabal's Xray because he doesn't get invincibility frames when he leans back for when he does his run. But you should be able to beat out his Ex run every time because he has to go through two force balls and correct me if I'm wrong but I thought his dash only had 1 hit of armor.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Cool video. Slide is the only really useful low launcher since b4 can be fuzzied.

Ex slowball is seriously the best tool ever. It puts you in control of the pace of the match, prevents players from armoring through your zoning, makes a lot of risky options much safer, gives you some airtight frame traps, and to top it all off the opponent has to be aware that you can slide them for a full combo at certain times. I even did an anti-breaker combo with it today similar to Cyrax's anti-breaker combos. Using ex slowball for all its potential takes a lot of practice but it's too good to ignore :)

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Funnily enough, the first time I fought you, I babied you. You were hella salty. <3 <3 <3 <3
That never happened, what did happen is this kid you haven't been responsible for, and your excuse is "you were supposed to be a one night stand".

I crie eevrytiem ;_;