What's new

Reptile invisibilty pressure and block strings.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I feel like reptiles invisibility is very useful, not just his ex either. It can be used to cancel out block strings and continue with more pressure. I'm not 100% sure how safe it is on block or how much advantage it has (if any) but so far seems to be really solid.

For example

Jump 1/2 3,2,1 xx invis then follow up with either f+2 b+1, Crossup 1/2 321 xx hand/slide/invis, down + 4 xx hand or even grab. On top of that if you use ex invis and you are pretty much completely invisible with a damage boost so it helps keep pressure even better.

You can build a ton of meter like this and it's a great way to keep people locked down. It seems you have to force them to guess out of the situations and it's in your favor for the most part. I can see having to adjust to characters that have good quick aa options like kung laos hat spin and such but it seems effective.

Anyone have any insight on this? Is it viable? I haven't really tested against anyone good yet and won't be able to till later in the week.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I've actually had ideas with this, and have been testing it out. Some things I noticed...

321 xx invis is about even on block. If there is any disadvantage, it barely exists.

If you replace the slide in any combo ending in 321 xx slide with dash, you can immediately invis after. Kung Lao for sure can't spin you, dunno about others.

I've been slowly incorporating invis into my gameplay. It's very, very good, and I've noticed the fear of being unable to be seen makes opponents do more stuff to get you visible again, so it helps with momentum or just baiting out unsafe stuff.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
hmmm never though of it.... though in block strnigs i guess it's reseted? the idea of me blocking quick in order not to be hit will just break the invisibility lol
i will look into this! could be actually fun..thnx for the idea

Milk

Snake eyes
I don't really do regular invis at all, but ex invis I use all the time, I almost end every one of my bnb's with it. Not being able to see you really makes them start throwing shit like crazy or not knowing how to block, easy to bait stuff out and punish.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Hey. alright i found a series of combos Using Invisibility Guaranteed , by means not at the end of a combo instead being in the middle of the juggle.
though it requires different Trap set ups. anyways i made this vid and some of Invisibility traps are there, and a juggle using invis is there as well.

hope it might be useful by any sort

the combo is at the start of the vid done on Noob Saibot....traps are further at the end of the vid as well
@ min 1:10 is the juggle
@ min 7:00 are the two traps example

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Absolutely incredible video man. Thanks for all the time and effort put into it. I'm an average player and really trying to take the next step and I'm positive this video will help. Thanks again dude!

I need some help.. im havening problems getting the 321 combo started what are some of the ways I can setup up people so I can at least act like I know what im doing

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
hey Ty rapzilla, glad u liked it man.
ur kinda Vague Hotpockets, can u elaborate a little more please? so i can try to help u of course

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
God damn, man. Your reptile is intimidating as all hell. I just started picking him up last night, pretty mad at myself for neglecting playing him for so long. Very fun character with a boatload of potential.

RapZiLLa54

A rather noobish question here but what is OTG?? I've been practicing the elbow whiff into d4 acid hand and so far against Sub Zero, Mileena and Kung Lao the d4 acid doesn't stuff anything and I get hit. Is my timing off or do these characters fall into the 20% range of characters this doesn't work on?

Hotpockets try using 321 after a jump in punch.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
A rather noobish question here but what is OTG?? I've been practicing the elbow whiff into d4 acid hand and so far against Sub Zero, Mileena and Kung Lao the d4 acid doesn't stuff anything and I get hit. Is my timing off or do these characters fall into the 20% range of characters this doesn't work on?

Hotpockets try using 321 after a jump in punch.
hey man, nothing wrong in asking and nothing wrong in not knowin an unfamiliar term.
OTG = Off the ground. By means if opponent tried to act stupid and play dead, u can poke him out with cr+3 making the EX slow FB hit him or force him to block for ur incoming cr+4~ acid hand

as for the wake up option, i shall list all the chars and wut specifics that these mix ups get. though u might be not timing the trap correctly in some cases. also if CR+4 didnt stuff them, then learn that this char can wake up with a move....in that case opponent still punishable due to the fact that there's a FB matigation or hit (due to armor) and that u can block. so in general if u didnt do cr+4, ur still safe no matter wut.

let me start with the three mentioned char u listed: (test is done while roll on and Off):
before i continue. dont forget that it's complete mind game from u! so u can let opponent get used to wut you will do! for example if Cr+4 doesnt stuff in or whiff, simply block and they will be punished by your EX SFB....if they decided not to, then u can completely take control by either OTG cr+3/cr+4~acid hand or...create your own :).
(for example i used this today: opponent tried to wake up , i did cr+4 into EX acid hand launching him in the air and severly punishing him for another mind fuck Mix ups wake up traps)

PS: if your doin any of the combo and non full screen Fast ball slow ball, then ur timing must be good. the earliest3,2,1 can connect the better Okizime u can preform (in case if opponent can Matigate EX FB or cr+4 doesnt stuff opponent, then it's still completely safe to block the move wither punishing after or not that is a char specific!)

-Subzero
#wake up slide EX or regular: cr+4 cannot stuff it, though the EX FB will hit him canceling his move and puttin u back to ground for safety
#wake up Clone EX or Regular: Subzero can escape the EX FB by matigating the damage as well as escaping your cr+4 if your not in the corner. so cr+4 will only hit him if here's stuck in the corner

-Kung lao
#Wake up Teleport regular or EX: u can punish it
#wake up spin: cr+4 cannot stuff the EX move. better block in such a case to punish him with the EX ball. Or if u did cr+4 EX slow ball will punish the Regular spin. both case of blocking or gettin hit by it, the EX FB will hit Kung lao's SPin!

-Mileena
You can punish all of her Wake ups Except for Regular Roll Ball!
the cr+4 will whiff and the EX Sfb will do the job of catching all her wake up games. in that case, You dont have to do cr+4 if mileena goin to wake up with roll! u can simply crouch block and she will get punished from the EX SFB leading to juggling state or Re trap mix ups.
if she decided to play dead and then Late wake up then simply OTG with cr+3 into anything u want (recommended wither cr+3 into acid hand or fast FB for re juggling state)

i shall post the rest of all the roaster tomorrow hopefully. though just so you understand, this wake up mix up is still safe if opponent tried to wake up with a move that cr+4 cant stuff! ...simply u can just block and they will be punished by either EX FB or punishing them after due to the wake up move having dis advantage of frame recovery (E.G: baraka's b,b+1 , Kano's roll's, sonya's EX grab, sub zero's slide, scorpion teleport....etc).

if i am still not very clear then please tell me so i can elaborate with details and easier. also i posted the transcript in the combo vid section, you can go take a peak at it , it might help u understand fully the advantages of such mix up.

I forgot to mention this which is very important:
the combo mix up (3,2,1~ ex Sfb) can sometimes have different outcome than the other full screen fast ball into whiffed EX SFB.
-for instant, subzero clone can not escape the full screen trap...wither he's in the corner or not. though the 3,2,1~ ex SFB mix up can force reptile to change cr+4 into EX dash elbow in order to punish subzero (or simply cr+4 will whiff puttin u into a safety position where EX SFB forcing subzero to block or else he might get pressure guarded or juggled)

-other example: sindel wheel kick can be severely punished by the cr+4 trap if the 3,2,1~ ex SFB mix up used. though if it's the other example of fast FB into EX SFB, reptle will be forced to block and let sindel punish herself by the EX SFB....or the least will force reptile to not use cr+4 and instead either block or Preform an anti counter move (like ex ED or EX fast ball) or simply wait to punish after the EX move is done. i guess the reaosn in such case why this works in one mix up and doesnt work on the other is that reptile has to be infront of her in order for cr+4 to stuff it in.

@ xxteefxx: im trying to find out different traps that will open up for the 321 elbow wiff combo. Its not that I can't do the combo I can do it about 80.57%in practice but online it seems I always get blocked.

Thanks for the help...

RapZiLLa54

xxteefxx thanks for the response. Been testing it out a little more and getting it down a bit. Sometimes I just don't hit so I'm guessing I'm a little late on the timing. Just doing the short version of 321 Exsfb elbow wiff cr+4 acid hand. Playing around with it so many options after ex sfb. It even stops teleport wake ups because you get in front of the ball.

After all the advise you've given me I actually have something for you! You said vs mileena just down block if you expect a reg ball. Never down block vs mileena in a wake up situation. Her reg ball hits high and her ex ball hits medium. So if you guess wrong and you're in down block and she ex balls you, you'll be launched :)

Also one more question lol. If they stay on the ground just laying around holding block you use cr+3 instead of cr+4 because it will pop them OTG? Am I understanding that correctly?

Thanks again!

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Hey man. You are actually correct. though as an FYI, EX SFB will kick her out of any of her wake up moves! even her roll ball. as well as cr+4 will duck under all of her wake up moves (from the tests i did)...but yah, logic wise in that case is to guard while standing up.

for the OTG, correct. it will pop them out to stand position making wither the Pressure guard or juggleing available.
as for the teleporters. Scorpion EX teleport can escape the EX FB even in middle of animation....though scorpion doin EX teleport in this situation means COmPLETE dis advantage for him where u can juggle him with cr+4(interrupt in air) which leads to successive juggle after. You can check my vid in the first 2 min (combo section) i left a sample there on punishing scorpion's teleport.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
ahh after re reading wut i posted....wtf High can be blocked low man >< lol. but anyways the Mileena Wake up is not a threat thnx to EX SFB. but as well better block high for the sake of the Med if EX ball

Wenis of Lore

Celestial
dude, i can't thank you enough for these safe combos and trap mix-ups. i now have a better plan for the turtles thanks to you!

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Hey, thnx so much am glad u guys enjoyed it!

i shall release an in depth strategy guide with reptile and how to approach opponent as well as an IN depth Match up's against half the cast for now. hopefuly u guys will find it useful or might find it useful :)

thnx again