What's new

Reptile Guide Feedback

Has anyone found any reliable ways to deal with pressure with Reptile? I can't see seem to land any hits between opponents strings and even X Ray has failed me on a few occassions.
Reptile has one of the most effective sweeps in the game, IMO. If I get caught in a combo, I normally try to sweep as quickly as possible. It's fast and creates good distance.

No regular acid ball combos? You can juggle after it if it hits in the corner. However, if you don't launch before you do it, you can only get crouch jab to combo after it. If you do

:fk:bp:fp, acid ball

you can get anything in afterward, except a raw force ball. For exmample:

:fk:bp:fp, acid ball, :fk:bp:fp, slow ball, :fk:bp:fp, :en fast ball. :fk:bp, slide
51% for 1 bar

That's just a basic, unrefined juggle that works off of it.

Are corner acid ball juggles not worth the effort?

Oh, and I think you have :fk:bp:fp listed as :bk:bp:fp under the Best Normals section.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Thanks to molockian on YouTube.

After 122 xx forceball, you can stick a NJP in there and finish off with 32 xx forceball, 321 xx slide...for 39% damage (if fast forceball is the first one).

THTB

You can use either, but fast forceball first is more damaging (1%, but hey, it's 1%). The NJP is slightly harder to land, though, with the fast one.

Luxus Nights

Beyond Good & Evil
wait Im confused won't we be using both force balls in the combo, so how would we be losing damage if fast force ball is 2nd?

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
I think I might of found something but unfortunately I have no way of bringing a video online so maybe one of the vets here can check it out.

Take this combo for instance
122 xx forceball- NJP - 32 xx forceball, 2,F3,1+2

Now it will say 10 hit combo (although it is 11 hits) and display I believe it is 37% but it is very clear that the last move does hit because 1. the slide away animation happens and 2. I notice the 7% medium hit pop up on the screen...

Now I'm wondering, is this really an 11 hit combo for 44% damage or does that last hit really not register???

THTB

I'll test it out when I get the chance to. If that is legit...holy hell, I'm gonna have some fun with this. :D

Also, whenever comboing into X-Ray, you can replace 321 xx X-Ray with just 4 xx X-Ray. It's more reliable at midscreen, and in a couple cases more damaging, but I'm pretty sure 321 is more reliable in the corner. I could be mistaken, though.

BookBurning

Voidwards
To: WhiteShadow

Eh it's really character specific Shadow and dependent on what string they're doing so there's no universal answer.

One thing I recommend for any Reptile player though is to abuse his footsies more, alot of times I cringe because I see a lack of footsies. Reptile is a GREAT footsies character, especially his crouching 4 into Greenhand. It doesn't combo but it a low high attack that can catch people off guard, and even if they block, it does chip and pushes them back to create spacing.

RapZiLLa54

I'll test it out when I get the chance to. If that is legit...holy hell, I'm gonna have some fun with this. :D
QUOTE]

Sweet l really hope it does because it creates nice spacing to go into some zoning as opposed to ending with the slide and possibly being vunerable to some wake up (mileena EX sonic ball wake up for instance).

1iquid5nake

That corner combo is just ridiuculous, thanks for that input. Very easy to pull off and the damage even if you only get half of it because of timing issues its well into the 40% tile.

Also for those struggling with the NJP after 122 force ball. Ive noticed if you do an EX fast forceball it pops him up a little bit more and makes the NJP almost a sure thing.

I'm still having trouble with the NJP after the elbow dash, that thing is just 50/50 with me and no matter how much time I put in practice i either get it or don't. I had much more success when I turned the x button on turbo on my madcatz fightpad but thats just cheating :banana:

RapZiLLa54

Damn was really hoping I discovered something.

Odd how the animation still happens though isn't it?

RapZiLLa54

Most of MK time is spent playing friends online, at home or training mode polishing the combos. So I finally went online and came across people that do nothing but down block and I was screwed for some reason... I felt like I couldn't attack because Rep doesn't exactly have the best overhead launcher and I forgot about the obvious grab button lol.

So I went to practice mode and starting practicing the jump in punch and realized holy crap this pops the guy up and out of block?!?!?! So for those that don't know and are rather noobish like me here is a 44% damage combo that will destroy those crotch block abusers!

Jump in Punch- 122- EXfastball- NJP- 32- slowball- 321- slide 44% damage only 1 bar of meter. If you finish this with Xray instead of slide it is 50%.

THTB

Been in practice mode. Hmm...

-1221, 2 xx slide works. 21%, 15% if you forgo the slide for dash. This also combos into X-Ray for 40%
-Acid hand is likely enough disadvantage to be punished on block by Raiden's superman. I can't test for sure, but it wouldn't surprise me. With 321, if it's blocked, just hitconfirm into invis. It's just about even on block if you end in invisibility, plus meter build. Regular invis is pretty good when used there.

RapZiLLa54

12 b1 - 3 hit string that grants good advantage on hit. safe on block.

What exactly is our advantage on this hit? I've tried it, then try to dash in and my opponent usually goes right into a combo as I'm not blocking thinking I have some kind of "advantage". What are some options after this?

THTB

There's advantage, but because of the pushback in tandem with Reptile's slow standard mobility, it's hard to take advantage of outside the corner. In the corner, though, it's such an lolworthy trap between 1221 and 12b1. If they never block low, b1 all day. When they do, 1221 into solid damage + still stuck in corner + possibly dealing with EX invis Reptile.

RapZiLLa54

Ah I see. I'll have to add this to my game. I typically just loop 321acid hand- 321 sfb-321-slide. Granted this is very dangerous to do vs some very good wake up attacks but I just love getting this combo so I go for it anyway lol.

RapZiLLa54

Perhaps a new corner combo??

JIP-321-acid hand- 321 sfb- 1221 ex slide 40%. When doing the 1221 it knocks the guy out of the corner but the ex slide still connects sending your opponent right back into the corner and you're at perfect JIP range. So you can either pressure and try to go right back in for a loop or go invis, etc. Plus this looks flashy as hell lol

Another option is to not do the slide. 1221 will knock him out and hes at perfect whiff elbow dash range so you can go right into a throw sending him back into the corner.

THTB

None at all. I tested 122 xx invis, but the complete animation of invis is just too long.

Thanks to that advanced tutorial, I learned that Reptile's oki setups are absolutely sick. He is tricky as hell, and his options on an opponent's wakeup are literally only limited by the player's imagination.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Yup reptile is sick ^_^ So far this EX FB setup had simply changed my view on reptile. I stuff it in in every combo when i have the chance...drop my combo and go for it....it seriously puts fear into people man! lol and very fairly easy setup with good damage and LIMITLESS mix ups .

am glad u liked this vid guys.

also i've been using EX acid hands a LOT lately....specialy in this mix up cause it bounces them, and if it did then welcome juggle! the only down under i guess is that it pushes further than Regular Acid hand

RapZiLLa54

After playing a lot more matches online and against opponents much better than I, I've come to a conclusion as to what I need to take the next step... JIP.

I know all Reps combos, am pretty good at them, getting better at the oki setups but my biggest problem seems to be when I know I've got someone set up perfect, I jump over them and instead of hitting the JIP I whiff....... And then get punished of course. ANd the thing I noticed about the higher skilled guys here is they never whiff a JIP.

Note its not the type of whiff where I hit the input too late and it doesn't come out. Its the type where I jump over an opponent and punch at nothing and land with my backed turned to my opponent. Is this a timing thing or a spacing thing or both? Is there a certain distance where a JIP cannot connect? Usually happens when I'm timing my jumps over projectiles, land right in front of the opponent and try to cross jump him into a JIP.