Bottom 5 Yeees?

• Yes

Votes: 135 39.0%
  • NO

Votes: 211 61.0%

• Total voters

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I tend to record matches against people where I'm likely to learn something, and apparently tons of other folks do too. Also, you have rematches automatically saved of your last 10 matches, so you could use that, too.
Yeah none of the people I have referred to have been within that time frame though. I'll just have to set up some matches with Bwizz lol

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
They should just give him Acid Hand (MK9)
Make The EX Stop to the forceball actually have some use
Make his forceballs fast enough for him to run behind them (UMK3)
Reduce the forceball recovery
Ex stop is useful.

It creates a good corner trap, blows up jumping over forceballs and blows up low profiling.

Personally I think being able to run behind his forceballs would make him a bit too much of a monster, just running behind a floating launcher being able to react to any movement and the threat of 50/50's, it would be too much imo. Right now you have to make the read on his forceballs whether the opponent will jump, armour, or block and it's balanced. The worst problem with them is the damage scaling seems a bit wonky.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Why do people want ex claw to be OH? That's just a silly buff that doesn't help develop the character or address any problems he has.

Ex claw would mean everyone has to eat a silly mixup every time they block something from Reptile. We can't complain about the game being full of 50/50's and they say a reasonable buff for Reptile would be to give him a pusedo 50/50 off any block string, be serious.

"But bro, both options would be punishable and the OH costs a bar"

qspec

Noob
Lol, well thats a plus i guess.
Reptile + requirements for brutality = Good luck.
I think we can at least all agree with this.

To do his spit brutality: 83% of your damage must come from acid spit (no more, no less). Then, right as Jupiter aligns with Mars, you must push up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, select, start on the exact same frame that acid spit lands the killing blow.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
i want people to fling more shit on this thread so i can correct them on how little they know about reptile if anything. not one person has said why reptile is so good yet, they just say "he's good"

Gravelands

Cory, Trevor, smokes. Let's go.
I think we can at least all agree with this.

To do his spit brutality: 83% of your damage must come from acid spit (no more, no less). Then, right as Jupiter aligns with Mars, you must push up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, select, start on the exact same frame that acid spit lands the killing blow.
I don't know man, 30% acid spit over 2 rounds is literally only connecting acid spit 5x, which I almost always do. Kneecapper is a tough brutality for sure, as going into Nimble quickly enough and being able to pull off the EX slide as the last hit almost is never a possibility. The Noxious one (can't remember the name) is fairly easy too, F412xxDD3, back dash and then EX Dash usually does the trick, at least against online players. Can't speak to the difficulty of the other two since I haven't unlocked them yet.

I'm sure you were just being funny, but it's not as ridiculous as D'Vorah's where they have to be like, full screen, you have to hit them w/ EX Wasp, then you the last hit has to come from DB2 while they're stunned from the EX wasp. Fuck that in half.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I don't know man, 30% acid spit over 2 rounds is literally only connecting acid spit 5x, which I almost always do. Kneecapper is a tough brutality for sure, as going into Nimble quickly enough and being able to pull off the EX slide as the last hit almost is never a possibility. The Noxious one (can't remember the name) is fairly easy too, F412xxDD3, back dash and then EX Dash usually does the trick, at least against online players. Can't speak to the difficulty of the other two since I haven't unlocked them yet.

I'm sure you were just being funny, but it's not as ridiculous as D'Vorah's where they have to be like, full screen, you have to hit them w/ EX Wasp, then you the last hit has to come from DB2 while they're stunned from the EX wasp. Fuck that in half.
"Eat your heart out" you have to connect B1 5x in the match and finish with B1 while they're standing (so, 2% left, standing, and not blocking, right in your face)

Lol k

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
"Eat your heart out" you have to connect B1 5x in the match and finish with B1 while they're standing (so, 2% left, standing, and not blocking, right in your face)

Lol k
when i unlocked this brutal in the krypt is was all like, "hell yes, a brutality from his throw! i can actually do this in matches!". nope

im pretty sure reptile has no favorable matchups.

can anyone name a worse character than reptile? im serious.

maybe jaqui?

his best matchups seem like 5 - 5

most of the cast against reptile is

6 - 4
7 - 3
or 8 - 2

yup reptile has 8 - 2 matchups. (jonny cage, kano, sub zero, etc)

this is balance

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook

maybe jaqui?

6 - 4
7 - 3
or 8 - 2

this is balance
Are you from 2019? How are you determining these numbers?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
this is balance

thousands of matches played[/QUOTE]

Were they offline? No? Then they dont matter when it comes to MU numbers.

No way anyone could possibly call any MU in this game 8-2 at this point. I can tell you right now none of those MUs you listed are even close to 7-3. I don't think he has 7-3s either but that is at least somewhat debatable.

Whose worse than Reptile? Try Goro, Jason, Kitana, Takeda, Shinnok, Ferra T. He isnt anyhere close to the worst in the game.

Reptile is definitely down there in the tier list but god damn this post was terrible. Level up.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator

maybe jaqui?

6 - 4
7 - 3
or 8 - 2

this is balance
Thats not true at all. Like at all not even close. Who have you been playing?
thousands of matches played

No way anyone could possibly call any MU in this game 8-2 at this point. I can tell you right now none of those MUs you listed are even close to 7-3. I don't think he has 7-3s either but that is at least somewhat debatable.

Whose worse than Reptile? Try Goro, Jason, Kitana, Takeda, Shinnok, Ferra T. He isnt anyhere close to the worst in the game.

Reptile is definitely down there in the tier list but god damn this post was terrible. Level up.
shinnok and ferra torr are probably better than reptile.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Were they offine No? Then they dont matter when it comes to MU numbers.

Lmao, Takeda is far better than Reptile and is actually really good despite nearly all Takeda players being absolute scrubs not knowing how to play.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

Lmao, Takeda is far better than Reptile and is actually really good despite nearly all Takeda players being absolute scrubs not knowing how to play.[/QUOTE]

Thing is none of these characters are even that BAD, its just they pale in comparison to the rest of the cast. Takeda is fun to play because it becomes a big guessing game the entire time as all of his options have something that beats them but he has something that counteracts that on a proper read. He still is bottom tier though because the tiers in this game are getting even more compact and SOMEONE has to be at the bottom.