Bottom 5 Yeees?

• Yes

Votes: 135 39.0%
  • NO

Votes: 211 61.0%

• Total voters

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Despite my exaggerations, my honest list on 5 characters who are worst than him: Jason, Jacqui, Kitana, Shinnok and Tanya

I listed Shinnok and Tanya there but they're both on the same level as Reptile. But honestly I nor anyone can't really put a list without taking into account ALL variations. It's too hard and too early
Jaqui?????! Omg cmon man no. Also shinnok is actually pretty damn good. Cowboy actually dropped subzero for shinnok saying he js more viable

I've used Reptile in tournament and I typically do okay/subpar. People have high expectations for me since I used to always win Injustice in my scene. Beating the likes of My God, Greggu, Pnut, BigMilk etc. typically means you're a good player.. However, I can't get a firm grip on this game with Reptile. I used Reptile while visiting a tournament in Oklahoma, but had to use Quan Chi in order to win in Grand Finals. When I play Quan I know what the game is supposed to feel like. When I play Reptile I feel like he's a great character, but slightly unfinished and not ready to compete with what most of the other cast has to offer.
I have the same issue. Reptile is my favorite character but I end up eventually switching to Shinnok or Kenshi. That's why I said he feels like an unfinished puzzle. There is something missing which prevents him from becoming my ideal main.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
I've used Reptile in tournament and I typically do okay/subpar. People have high expectations for me since I used to always win Injustice in my scene. Beating the likes of My God, Greggu, Pnut, BigMilk etc. typically means you're a good player.. However, I can't get a firm grip on this game with Reptile. I used Reptile while visiting a tournament in Oklahoma, but had to use Quan Chi in order to win in Grand Finals. When I play Quan I know what the game is supposed to feel like. When I play Reptile I feel like he's a great character, but slightly unfinished and not ready to compete with what most of the other cast has to offer.
*hugs*

haketh

Noob
Even as probably one of the biggest Reptile Upplayers around I don't think he's Top 10 at all, maybe at the 10th spot & that's a huge maybe. Just gimme a two frame faster F4 to make his plus strings more of a threat & quicker activation on non EX Basilisk so it's more usbale outside of combos. I don't think we'll see Forceball buffs anytime soon.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Even as probably one of the biggest Reptile Upplayers around I don't think he's Top 10 at all, maybe at the 10th spot & that's a huge maybe. Just gimme a two frame faster F4 to make his plus strings more of a threat & quicker activation on non EX Basilisk so it's more usbale outside of combos. I don't think we'll see Forceball buffs anytime soon.
9f mid is good enough. It's the block advantage that's bad. Make all parts of F412 neutral to be able to condition the opponent to block. Opening up his 50/50 game

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Look guys, if you are trying to get reptile buffed some more I'm sure as hell not going to complain or stahp you for one second. I'm just trying to tell you guys what I see.

haketh

Noob
9f mid is good enough. It's the block advantage that's bad. Make all parts of F412 neutral to be able to condition the opponent to block. Opening up his 50/50 game
That would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much with all the damage it leads to

EmoScoobyDoo

Maybe I'll have something to say ... Probably not
All hits of 321 were neutral on block in mk9 and it lead to more damage for less meter.

Although that also didn't really condition you to block, and it was 4 frames slower so I guess it could go either way. (unless you threw acid hand at the end, but then you could only mixup with slide)

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
All hits of 321 were neutral on block in mk9 and it lead to more damage for less meter.

Although that also didn't really condition you to block, and it was 4 frames slower so I guess it could go either way. (unless you threw acid hand at the end, but then you could only mixup with slide)
Lol I wouldn't even want 321 in this game. Shit started at 13f. Being neutral changed nothing because any stagger still only gave you a 13f gap unless you decide to end your pressure with Acid Hand or a poke

MD5

High Tech & Noxious
Reptile isn't bottom five at all, his variations are gimmicky but he's actually quite good, very easy to use online, good at defending and punishing, the only weakness I've noticed is in his projectile game.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
Cage destroys reptile what da fuck am I reading.
And after playing against Reo's Goro no idea where you think this massive advantage comes from.
I was mainly pointing out the sub zero clone as an example. Not citing the reptile match up specifically. Reading it again I see the confusion

Sabin

Elder God
I don't play fighting games to compete anymore man.... I haven't for a LOOONG time. I play to have fun and build my local scene. I do however play against a high level Kang, Scorpion, Kenshi, KJ and Johnny Cage on a weekly bias. I've always been a character loyalist so tier whoring has and is never an option for me, I am holding high hopes for Predator though.

Its pretty safe to say that when Chris G and Sabin both drop their favorite Mk characters (characters they used throughout all of Mk9) at launch, I'm not the only one who sees the problem here.
I dropped Reptile because he doesn't fit my playstyle in this game. Still don't think he's as bad as everyone says. I was wrong about my other main Takeda, too!

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
I dropped Reptile because he doesn't fit my playstyle in this game. Still don't think he's as bad as everyone says. I was wrong about my other main Takeda, too!
Your boy just got the buff you wanted!! Can't wait to see what you do with him.