Bottom 5 Yeees?

• Yes

Votes: 135 39.0%
  • NO

Votes: 211 61.0%

• Total voters

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Reptile gets 36% into a forceball for 1 bar midscreen punish in Nimble, 30% midscreen meterless into a slide knockdown. In the corner he gets 27% meterless off his PLUS ON BLOCK overhead and 30% for one bar from the low. He gets 43% for one bar punish in the corner in Nimble, 33% meterelss. The only thing low damage are his 50/50's as they should be. No body should lose over a 3rd of their life bar because they guess wrong on a 50/50. Two b34's on hit are 32% and they're safe, come on.

This 'low damage output' nonsense has got to stop.
FINALLY someone who understands that Reptile's gameplan is the corner. Thank you.

Just give him a faster poke and a more reliable F412 to work the opponent to the corner better and he's IMO top 5

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
FINALLY someone who understands that Reptile's gameplan is the corner. Thank you.

Just give him a faster poke and a more reliable F412 to work the opponent to the corner better and he's IMO top 5
I don't know man, f412 nimble combos carry the opponent to the corner from midscreen, and you can always do f214 elbow dash to change positions and put them in the corner if it's closer.

Zephyrus

TYM resident party pooper
STOP!! he's fine... he needs ZERO buffs.

Dude wants an OVERHEAD claw.. "Hey.. plz buff so I can have a 50/50 as a wake up attack option. I dont want to be pressured so give me an option that makes players want to back off or be mixed up as I get off the ground".

GET OUT OF HERE
he doesn't need an overhead claw. He needs a damage buff. On nearly everything.

Reptile's pressure is nowhere near as good as it was in MK9.

That coupled with his sub-par damage output makes him bottom 5. He simply is. He has tools. And some are pretty good. But he's meter hungry.
Meter starved actually. He can't do shit without meter.
His normals have shitty recovery. And other than his overhead starter (which only nets good damage if he ends up meter burning anything after it) he has nothing. B3? Nets piss poor damage if you have no meter.

No joke here. Reptile is bottom 5 along with Liu Kang, Goro, Kitana and Mileena. They're not bad characters. The game is very balanced. But these guys are currently the weakest of them all and shame on you for upplaying them and downplaying the rest.

Liu Kang needs only one thing and one thing only. Have his 113 string hit mid mid overhead. That's all. An overhead starter would be too much and would place him immediatly in top tier. So he needs to have his overhead string actually hitting the opponent, which it currently doesn't because 80% of the match up knowledge is blocking low vs him.

Mileena's getting better. She's faster and slightly safer... but she still has trouble opening up the opponent. They're giving up stuff she doesn't need and still not giving her a faster f+3 or making her roll hit low.

Kitana I actually think doesn't need much. Her fans are scary. Scariest projectile in the game. You get hit in the air by one you hit 30+% combos all day. Maybe give her f+2 an overhead status? Seems to much to be honest because she has potential.

Goro... Honestly don't know what to give him. Faster run? He has tremendous block advantage on nearly anything he does. Sure, he's slow... But he locks you up for days. Maybe damage boost in his meterless punch walk?

Hard to not say these characters are bottom five. Since they have an uphill battle against nearly everyone on the roster.

Reptile because of his nearly non-existant meterless damage. He relies on meter and he's not very good at getting it.

Kitana because of her lack of options. Do think that out of these 5 she's the best.

Mileena because she's unsafe and has trouble opening up opponents.

Goro because he's slow and lacks good meterless damage outside of his b1 b2 u2 string.

Liu Kang because he simply has no options. Block low all day.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I don't know man, f412 nimble combos carry the opponent to the corner from midscreen, and you can always do f214 elbow dash to change positions and put them in the corner if it's closer.
Yea but what, you're going to block endless 50/50s for a chance to punish?

His offense needs help. Setplay, defense, neutral, counter-zoning is fine. And Defense is even iffy because he has no reliable AA unless a SPECIFICALLY well-placed, well-timed hard as rock read with the use of a bar

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments

I can gree with this if other characters played by the same rules. There are plenty of characters who get high damage off 50/50s that are also safe. Being +1 on an OH that sends you back outside of sweep distance isn't exactly a world beater either. I think he really needs the better recovery on his overall zoning game to become a threat but we'll see. Hopefully something happens, he'll probably just get nerfed again lmao

RapZiLLa54

Yea but what, you're going to block endless 50/50s for a chance to punish?

His offense needs help. Setplay, defense, neutral, counter-zoning is fine. And Defense is even iffy because he has no reliable AA unless a SPECIFICALLY well-placed, well-timed hard as rock read with the use of a bar
EX Klaw is an amazing AA.

Zephyrus

TYM resident party pooper
In no order.

Jacqui, Goro, Jason, Kitana, Mileena
Jason? Jacqui? Nooooo.
Jason has some ridiculous bullshit in relentless that doesn't make him ANYHWHERE near bottom 5.

Eh I might give jacqui. Haven't tested her after the buff. Supposedly her combos are more reliable which if true makes her very scary.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I can gree with this if other characters played by the same rules. There are plenty of characters who get high damage off 50/50s that are also safe. Being +1 on an OH that sends you back outside of sweep distance isn't exactly a world beater either. I think he really needs the better recovery on his overall zoning game to become a threat but we'll see. Hopefully something happens, he'll probably just get nerfed again lmao
Because B2 is not supposed to be used mid-screen like everyone is doing for some weird ass reason

Israel

Noob
We all know his variations are lacking variety, thats needs to be looked at.. along with applying Forceballs changes. <---These two should be the ONLY focus for change for us. The Hell with damage.

If nrs was to mess around and grant you babies request on damage...and damage ONLY. Guess what? you wouldnt be able to say a word. But hold that. And he would still be the same character..on the same list on the tier chart...doing the same ol shit.

RapZiLLa54

Liu Kang needs only one thing and one thing only. Have his 113 string hit mid mid overhead. That's all. An overhead starter would be too much and would place him immediatly in top tier. So he needs to have his overhead string actually hitting the opponent, which it currently doesn't because 80% of the match up knowledge is blocking low vs him.
He needs ANOTHER mid string? His b12 is ridiculous with fireball cancels and can confirm into 38% combos while f213 (i believe is his other mid string not sure of the first input) is a 3 cycle block infinite that builds him an entire bar of meter with fireball cancels... WHY would he need ANOTHER mid hitting string when b12 blows up wakeups and armor, leads to full combos and is hard as hell to react to fbc on...

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I wouldn't say he's the worst. But definitely in the bottom 5.
Despite my exaggerations, my honest list on 5 characters who are worst than him: Jason, Jacqui, Kitana, Shinnok and Tanya

I listed Shinnok and Tanya there but they're both on the same level as Reptile. But honestly I nor anyone can't really put a list without taking into account ALL variations. It's too hard and too early

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Cossner needs to apologize for calling out other reptile mains for saying he is bad and then saying he is the worst in the game in secret. That is very hypocritical..
First of all, 99% of the reptile community saying he's bad a) doesnt have any type of high level experience with him, b) doesnt understand the engine and c) say he's bad but they dont understand why.
I've never hid any opinion I have about the character, hell I dropped him for KJ ! I'm sorry that I didnt come to argue with people who think Reptile is trash because they don't understand how the oki works or who think mashing d3 in the corner is actual "tech".