What's new

General/Other - Reptile Reptile Beta Changes

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Alot of the things you said could be punished by ex dash are -8, so that is not possible
Reversal come out on frame '0' man, and besides I'm not just looking at the frame data and guessing. I'm going to training mode to check if the punish is possible and at what ranges, etc. If I've listed it here, it's been tested.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Went in and edited it. I find it more useful then puddle which does jack shit. Perhaps if they weren't allowed to jump while standing on it or something like that then I could get behind it but as of now it's trash.
So a move that does DoT and can be used in a set-up is less useful than a hypothetical move that isn't even good while there already is a way better alternative tool that's a universal mechanic in the game?

That speaks for itself.

Levaranoia

War God
So a move that does DoT and can be used in a set-up is less useful than a hypothetical move that isn't even good while there already is a way better alternative tool that's a universal mechanic in the game?

That speaks for itself.
You can argue with me all you like kid but I can guarantee if reptile had that move instead of the gimmicky ass puddle that nobody would be saying "man, I wish reptile had some type of DOT puddle that isn't even guaranteed and you have to use meter"

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
Went in and edited it. I find it more useful then puddle which does jack shit. Perhaps if they weren't allowed to jump while standing on it or something like that then I could get behind it but as of now it's trash.
That's actually a fantastic idea. Make it so you are unable to jump while on the puddle. Still give it fumes so it has a more vertical hitbox, but that would make it WAY more usable . It also differentiates itself from Erron's Caltrops.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
You can argue with me all you like kid but I can guarantee if reptile had that move instead of the gimmicky ass puddle that nobody would be saying "man, I wish reptile had some type of DOT puddle that isn't even guaranteed and you have to use meter"
Sure. Instead you'd have people saying either:

1) Why is this move in the game when you can just MB Throw?
2) Why isn't this move as good as D'Vorrah's?

I've had it whiff some too. Maybe they could increase the size of the hurtbox slightly because I think it should definitely take opponents out of the air easier. They probably won't touch it in reality even though it's got plenty of problems. Have you seen the issues with it against Sub-Zero?
Are talking about when Sub-Zero does a regular clone, then Reptile does a Ex Pounce. That Ex Pounce will only shatter the clone and not touch Sub-Zero? If that's what your talking about, it's been like that in the actual game and beta as well.

Rasssta48

" I would test your skill"
I played against Sub-Zero in beta recently and be able to get him through clone few times in a row, so maybe they fix it. And it works pre last patch every time actually.

And I can say that I see Nimble is as good as Deceptive now, meterless basilisk setups is huge, if u now matchups u can blow everything down with it, just amazing guys!)))

Are talking about when Sub-Zero does a regular clone, then Reptile does a Ex Pounce. That Ex Pounce will only shatter the clone and not touch Sub-Zero? If that's what your talking about, it's been like that in the actual game and beta as well.
Yeah man I hope they fix that!

Israel

Noob
Going off whats told in the stream, regarding general changes and for characters...

Looks like reptiles changes in the beta are legit. And there is nothing else going to be added to him.

Im personally disappointed that Noxious was not tweaked. Its the only variation i feel that was making him unique from the rest of the cast. I say this because Predator has a deceptile trait too, and i would have his ability to fight while decpetive over having Armor on start up...anyday. Nimble imo is just a mode specifically for combo extensions.

Good luck to all you Reptile mains

JDM

Noob
And these punishes are from very soecific Ranges. Theres probably more but the ones i can think of are

the only ones i can think of are kenshi push/ sub b2/ and ninjitsu f2. And rhese are only from certain ranges too. There are probably more.
Sub Clone Shatter as well.

themanDan

The saw is family
I've got a feeling he's going lag behind competition wise after seeing all the other changes, especially Kano's :eek::eek::eek:. But I'm hoping they forgot something that we'll catch in the patch notes, like something for noxious. I still can't wrap my head around the ex invis change :confused:; with more recovery on block, won't that mean pretty much anyone will be able to poke out for free, making the meter you spent an absolute waste? Still no buffs to puddle either apparently, after these Jason buffs, it's officially the worst special move in the game, not even afraid to say it.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The changes are frustrating, in all honesty, but thankfully the character isn't godawful to begin with. I don't really like the changes they're doing to EX stealth. I really don't like that Noxious got basically nothing. But it's whatever...top 10 is getting massive drops, so I can see him hovering right where he was.

haketh

Noob
I've been one of the more optimistic around, but I gotta say

I'm probably dropping MKX, even if Reptile had gotten some love I really do not like the direction of the system changes XL is going to & no rael changes to under played variations outside of one character I mess with.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
The changes are frustrating, in all honesty, but thankfully the character isn't godawful to begin with. I don't really like the changes they're doing to EX stealth. I really don't like that Noxious got basically nothing. But it's whatever...top 10 is getting massive drops, so I can see him hovering right where he was.
Even with the nerfs, i dont see any of his bad mus now Being even

I'm just surprised they did nothing with Reptiles Acid Puddle. Aliens acid worked a lot like Erron Blacks Caltrops from what i've seen in the showcase. Yet us Reptile players have to spend a meter for the Acid Puddle that just sucks. It is what it is i guess.

Last edited:

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
What are the changes to ex stealth?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Even with the nerfs, i dont see any of his bad mus now Being even
Quan is easily favorable, IMO. Cassie might now lose to Nimble. Those are just top of the head. Sub matchup got even more difficult, though, unfortunately. Mystic might cause problems for Reptile, though.