What's new

General/Other - Reptile Reptile Beta Changes

Only special unblockables hit grounded opponents. Mb shinnok, kotal, goro etc. Which are not special cancellable and are single hits which do not lead to more damage you're tremor)

Since you can go for moves while its active its not something that will be guaranteed.

The move is working as intended as it is supposed to compliment stagger pressure instead of giving you no defensive option whatsoever against it.
If they change it to be able to hit laying characters i guarantee you they will remove the ability to special cancel into it.

It is active while they are being thrown, like i said its more of a hitbox issue . it can be fixed if they raise the vertical hitbox of puddle.

I use it mid screen sometimes when i want to hold a lead or make them think twice about running in when they are low on health. Sometimes when im invisible i use it to make them panic.

I know it might sound like a gimmic since its not guaranteed, however the move is so underused its hard to see it coming sometimes.

Although the puddle is not an almighty powerful move it does have its uses and should really be situational and not abusable.
It doesn't need to be special cancellable because you can get a safe one out on a 123 ender anyways.. My whole thing is why is erron black's superior when we are spending meter? I hate comparing moves but it's odd to me. it could drain meter or provide reptile with additional meter upon each blocked attack while the opponent is in it or something. It's definitely not make or break but providing purpose to the move would be pretty dope.. Why would any variation use this over their respective ex dd3s?

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
What if in Noxious, if you hit them with forceball on hit or block the acid sprays on your opponent and makes them take a little bit of damage over time. Same with spit. It does maybe 3% tick over like 5-6 seconds. Ex forecball would do maybe 5%-6% tick over 5-6 seconds. Adds a little damage to forceball combos and makes his zoning even more of a threat. Spitballing ideas for Noxious to feel more noxious.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
It doesn't need to be special cancellable because you can get a safe one out on a 123 ender anyways.. My whole thing is why is erron black's superior when we are spending meter? I hate comparing moves but it's odd to me. it could drain meter or provide reptile with additional meter upon each blocked attack while the opponent is in it or something. It's definitely not make or break but providing purpose to the move would be pretty dope.. Why would any variation use this over their respective ex dd3s?
The move itself is fine, however your statement holds validity. Reptiles mbdd3 are better options than the spit so its tough to see when the spit would offer utility that would better fit a situation than his variation specific moves. Reworking the move to offer better utility wouldn't be bad. But just changing its current properties to be constant regardless of state isnt a good idea in my opinion.

The move itself is fine, however your statement holds validity. Reptiles mbdd3 are better options than the spit so its tough to see when the spit would offer utility that would better fit a situation than his variation specific moves. Reworking the move to offer better utility wouldn't be bad. But just changing its current properties to be constant regardless of state isnt a good idea in my opinion.
I think raising the horizontal hitbox on it so he could get more damage on throws and some combos would suffice.. The main problem is it's only an average move belonging to a character with above average tools.. Boon basically handed a pocket knife to an armed assassin lol

Couldn't agree more. But what are your thoughts on Reptiles pounce? Cause from my experience it whiffs way to much when your opponents in the air. Sure i can throw a slow acid ball and hit my opponent into it when they jump foreward to get a full combo off. But it whiffs a lot in the air from my experience.
I've had it whiff some too. Maybe they could increase the size of the hurtbox slightly because I think it should definitely take opponents out of the air easier. They probably won't touch it in reality even though it's got plenty of problems. Have you seen the issues with it against Sub-Zero?

Levaranoia

War God
Do you even frame data? Have you ever even used MB grab?
Irrelevant to the point. I'd still take ex acid spray over puddle in a heartbeat because you still get a damaging restand move that can anti air and is unbreakable. Throws can be broken and even if you do mb them they can still guess right to block what you are doing.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
I'm starting to play around with Reppy. He is pretty fun to use and have great mixes. Glad he is getting better! I just seen on Frosti Bunny Twitch a Reptile do a 50% with Nimble. So he is all fired up.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Irrelevant to the point. I'd still take ex acid spray over puddle in a heartbeat because you still get a damaging restand move that can anti air and is unbreakable. Throws can be broken and even if you do mb them they can still guess right to block what you are doing.
Congratulations! You spent 1 bar for 10-ish% Now eat this 50/50 bro. Oh you want to armor? Too bad, no meter.

If you wanted to AA EX Swipe is always there. Nothing stopping you from using that.

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
I've got some more interesting ideas for Reptile especially Noxious.

UNIVERSAL

Acid Puddle has fumes that emit off it raising its vertical hit box. This will allow it to hit while throwing opponents.

NOXIOUS

Gas to do .33%

Poison Gas to do .66% but has a slightly shorter duration

Toxic Fumes to not go away on hit but has a slightly shorter duration.

Acid Puddle to create a very big circular gas cloud around the puddle.

Forceballs, Slimeballs, Acid Spit, F2 xx Throw, F21 xx Throw all add a small amount of Damage Over Time similar to Venomous D'Vorah.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Can someone check this bug in beta?
This is just the swipe using its one active hit on the clone instead of sub. Similar to projectiles that expire after hitting the clone, the claw does as well.

This should be fixed however. It should be able to be a constant swipe in order to avoid this. Its only one hit anyway so i dont see the harm in having it be a constant instead of a single hit disposable move

Israel

Noob
We will see 03/01 if reptile will be allowed to live.
"Oh he's already alive and well and good." ... NO. If you play nimble you can think this.

I will check back then..

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
I'm glad some of you are liking my Reptile suggestions. Balance is important which is why I'm not suggesting anything too crazy. Just small changes to bring Noxious up to the level of the other two variations.

If you guys keep liking maybe we can get Colt to look at this thread and check the bugs that Reptile suffers from at the same time.

Levaranoia

War God
Congratulations! You spent 1 bar for 10-ish% Now eat this 50/50 bro. Oh you want to armor? Too bad, no meter.

If you wanted to AA EX Swipe is always there. Nothing stopping you from using that.
I don't even know what the fuck you are talking about anymore kid. I'm saying that I find ex acid spray more useful then wasting meter on acid puddle.

Last edited:

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
I love reptile, ending midscreen with 14 Gas to bait wake ups.

Puddle needs a fix I agree.
Claw Pounce needs to track. The move is death on whiff anyway. Add more active frames to the move that should fix the issue with Sub and the ice clone. Hopefully

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Im honestly more pissed about ex dash than acid puddle. There are only like maybe 3 punishes exclusive to elbow dash that i cant do with f21 or f4 in the while game. Its worthless imo.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Im honestly more pissed about ex dash than acid puddle. There are only like maybe 3 punishes exclusive to elbow dash that i cant do with f21 or f4 in the while game. Its worthless imo.
wait what?

Please don't tell me you're serious about ex dash. It punishes so many strings that almost the entire cast can't.

I'm a bit confused, are you saying there are 3 punishes that should grant you a f21 or f4 that don't?

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
wait what?

Please don't tell me you're serious about ex dash. It punishes so many strings that almost the entire cast can't.

I'm a bit confused, are you saying there are 3 punishes that should grant you a f21 or f4 that don't?
No im saying there are like 3 things that ex dash can punish that f4 or f21 are not able to

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
And these punishes are from very soecific Ranges. Theres probably more but the ones i can think of are
AHHHHHHHHHHH gotcha. sorry misread that man.
the only ones i can think of are kenshi push/ sub b2/ and ninjitsu f2. And rhese are only from certain ranges too. There are probably more.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I don't even know what the fuck you are talking about anymore kid. I'm saying that I find ex acid spray more useless then wasting meter on acid puddle.
Either you meant the reverse or you're just repeating my point.

Because yes, Acid Spray would contribute nothing to Reptile in this game unless he gets really good frames off of it. Even then, it's still meh at best.

Levaranoia

War God
Either you meant the reverse or you're just repeating my point.

Because yes, Acid Spray would contribute nothing to Reptile in this game unless he gets really good frames off of it. Even then, it's still meh at best.
Went in and edited it. I find it more useful then puddle which does jack shit. Perhaps if they weren't allowed to jump while standing on it or something like that then I could get behind it but as of now it's trash.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
And these punishes are from very soecific Ranges. Theres probably more but the ones i can think of are

the only ones i can think of are kenshi push/ sub b2/ and ninjitsu f2. And rhese are only from certain ranges too. There are probably more.
I think there are quite a bit.
punishing things like kotals swords and kanos b312 string, i would just go for reversal dash. To me its much more consistent than f4 punishes.

However that is just because i am not too good at punishing with normals, maybe when i get better ill start using normals more.